• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shiro Amano confirms Kingdom Hearts manga series is finished

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's the true end of an era, folks. Despite the fact that the Kingdom Hearts II manga series ended a few months ago, many fans held onto strong hopes that there would be a new series based on one of the other games in the series like Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep or Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]Kingdom Hearts manga artist Shiro Amano has laid those hopes to rest, though, stating this on his personal Twitter:

It is sad but since the Kingdom Hearts manga has finished, there will probably no longer be any related tweets in the future. Feel free to remove me and so forth and thank you. ヾ(*´∀`*)

This is not the first time Amano has mentioned that the series was ending on his Twitter, but many believed it was directly related to Kingdom Hearts II and not the series as a whole. 

The manga adaption of Kingdom Hearts by Shiro Amano, published by GanGan Comics, began in 2003 and covered the events of Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, and Kingdom Hearts II and saw the end of its run with Kingdom Hearts II Volume 10 on August 22nd, 2015. The Kingdom Hearts manga series is currently being published in English by Yen Press.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Awards
。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。

It's such a shame that we won't see what he would have done with the other games. The manga had a way to make the characters come to life and carry the story in a more interesting way, so I could only imagine how TAV could benefit from such a storytelling method.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Ugh. My goodness. I am genuinely heartbroken...

His storytelling was magical, and his art was charming. This makes me absolutely demand the novels. I hope Yen On will continue to deliver so I can obtain more leaflets of Shiro Amano art.

Going to cry now. :{

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Sad to see Amanos journey with the KH manga has come to an end. :( Would have loved to see him do BBS next. I wonder what he will do in the future?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
tumblr_no0kgidXJ11r13r6do1_250.gif

Sad he's ended the manga. I really wanted Birth By Sleep, too. He always brought life to the characters and clearly cared about them. TAV would have really benefited from it. Such as acting like actual friends.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
REALLY HE HAD TIME FOR DAYS BUT NOT BIRTH BY SLEEP

Excuse me while I just

tumblr_mcq167ieAa1qbc2ylo1_500.gif

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Well this is indeed a sad day. The manga was pretty fu, I had wished that it could have kept going. Sadly nothing lasts forever.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Is there no possibility Amano might be approached again after KH3? A shame. I would've loved to have DDD in manga form. Is there any info. about why they wouldn't want to do BbS-KH3--poor sales, Amano wanted to move on, or something else?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Everything is ending before my eyes

Looks like my summer vacation... Is over.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is there no possibility Amano might be approached again after KH3? A shame. I would've loved to have DDD in manga form. Is there any info. about why they wouldn't want to do BbS-KH3--poor sales, Amano wanted to move on, or something else?

Pretty certain Amano probably wanted to move on...and probably the fact that it's been ages since BBS and KH3D.

I think it is possible they will ask him back for KH3 since I just can't imagine SE and Disney not capitalizing on KH3's guaranteed success.

limit

Hahaha, welp ;_;

I fully agree that a BBS manga would've been so damn cool. I LOVE the nuances that Amano always throws in.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Petition to commission Amano post KH3 to do BBS, DDD and of course KH3.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
W-what? No... How could this happen? The manga was the best thing the KH story had going for it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

YOU WONT HEAR ME SAY

OOOOH OOOH BABY

DONT GO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back