• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Hikaru Utada working on new album, recently gave birth to baby!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hikaru Utada has announced today through her official blog that she has given birth to a healthy baby boy with her husband whom she married last year, and also has a brand new album currently in the works!

Utada's decision to return to music came while she was pregnant with her son, and has stated that the album may take awhile to come out but is eager to get it out to fans as soon as possible. You can read a translation of her blog message below thanks to Zephyr:

Everyone I have an announcement.

Well, this time,

A baby has been born!

He’s a very gentle boy who naps and drinks his milk well.

For many people who have supported, those who were very close to me, and once again for my mother and father, I wanted to say thank you.

During pregnancy, I was working on a new album. It’s likely it’ll take a while for it to be completed, I’m delighted to be working on it and wanting to release it to everyone soon. Wait a little bit longer!

July 3, 2015

Utada Hikaru

This announcement that Utada will be returning to create new music brings up a lot of questions, specifically those by Kingdom Hearts fans. Will she come back to do the theme song for Kingdom Hearts III? Let us know what you think in the discussion on our forums!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitterTumblr and Google+ for all of the latest Kingdom Hearts 3 news!

Thanks to shuyin_zer0 for the tip!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Re: Hikaru Utada working on new album!

hopefully her new songs are way less lewd than some of her old ones

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Definitely excited for whatever she has planned next. As I pointed out in the other thread, I hope she makes something just as great as "Beautiful World".

So will Disney or Square attempt to contact her now that she is out of retirement?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I was literally just thinking of this last night on how the theme song for KH3 will work out. This is great news!

Sdog

Awards

Definitely excited for whatever she has planned next. As I pointed out in the other thread, I hope she makes something just as great as "Beautiful World".

So will Disney or Square attempt to contact her now that she is out of retirement?

One can only hope 0-0. Please big disney and square boss men, make it so.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Don't be afraid to go nuts, either, guys. Got a favorite Utada song you want to share! Go ahead! (Can't find it on YT? DailyMotion and Vimeo can be linked on here via the [VIDEO] tag)

I was literally listening to her music yesterday and the day before and now =D

[video=youtube;7xureeYtaxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xureeYtaxg[/video]

[video=youtube;Tfc8w6A-f9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfc8w6A-f9U[/video][/VIDEO]

shuyin_zer0

Awards
Just to make it clear: even if she does come back for KH3, the song won't be on this album. I'm willing to bet that the album will be out by Christmas (due to her contract with Universal).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Aww, congratulations to her!

I wonder if the baby will be a big influence in her work now.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Aww :) I didn't know she was pregnant. Hard working mom I'll say though, working on a new album right after having her son? Just so we might have a new theme for KHIII? I'll feel ashamed every time I to listen to it now...not a lot though

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Aww :) I didn't know she was pregnant. Hard working mom I'll say though, working on a new album right after having her son? Just so we might have a new theme for KHIII? I'll feel ashamed every time I to listen to it now...not a lot though

She started working on the album while she was pregnant so she certainly is hardworking!

Sdog

Awards

Why feel ashamed as long as she's doing what she loves? :p Especially if she is inspired from the new addition to her life.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thanks to Zephyr, here is a translation of Utada's blog message <3

Everyone I have an announcement.

Well, this time,

A baby has been born!

He’s a very gentle boy who naps and drinks his milk well.

For many people who have supported, those who were very close to me, and once again for my mother and father, I wanted to say thank you.

During pregnancy, I was working on a new album. It’s likely it’ll take a while for it to be completed, I’m delighted to be working on it and wanting to release it to everyone soon. Wait a little bit longer!

July 3, 2015

Utada Hikaru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back