• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Playstation Access: 8 Things About Kingdom Hearts 3 You Need to Know

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

During E3, Playstation Access's Hollie Bennett and Rob Pearson were able to interview Tetsuya Nomura about Kingdom Hearts 3. Although they were not allowed to film the interview session, they compiled a list of 8 things about Kingdom Hearts 3 they felt players needed to know, based on what they learned from Nomura.

You can watch their video below:

• #1 How new Disney worlds are selected: development staff will come up with ideas for worlds with fun gimmicks, ideas or adventures that will translate well into the game, and then present it to Nomura for critique and approval.

• Look at feedback from fans, but Disney doesn't pressure them to include any specific worlds.

• Staff are allowed to view new Disney films before they're released to the public to gather ideas, and then go into discussions with Disney to use those properties.

• #2 Final Fantasy characters in KH3: Can't reveal anything yet, but definitely are going to include them.

• #3 Where KH3 is in development: Don't feel comfortable giving a specific percentage, but key gameplay mechanics, concepts and worlds have been finalized, and staff have proceeded into full production.

• #4 Advantages of the PS4: Allows them to use amazing shaders and new lightning techniques, incorporate much larger maps, loading screens massively reduced, lets the environment react more to the characters (grass blades, water ripples).

• #5 Changes to combat: Much more intelligent AI for party members and enemies (Heartless can team up against you), Keyblade transformations, more options in battle

• #6 Sidequests: Can't talk about it but are definitely working on including more fun side content

• #7 Character Development in gameplay: Kingdom Hearts 2 was perfect for its simplicity. Nomura felt that system was very deep and they spent a lot of time and effort accomplishing that, and loved how simple and easy it became to understand Kingdom Hearts. 

• Other elements can now be levelled up (possibly referring to Keyblades?)

• #8 Final Fantasy VII Remake: How development is going with FF7R and KH3 is going in comparison with Nomura directing both games; separate teams working on each, but KH3 is obviously much further along and they won't impede each other's progress.

• Elements from one title may bleed into the other (example: blue particles for Sora and Noctis?).

• FF7R will be updated where and when it needs to.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
the first point is interesting this open the idea into adding movies like inside out or other movies that haven't released yet

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm interested in the elements bleeding over part. Please give me quirky dialogue while running in fields or in battle by the party. ;~;

Does this mean Atlantis has hope!?

el presidente Laguna Loire? ;~; bby!Noctis ;~; Jecht? Minwu? MINWU? Ace? *asks for all guys*

Precursor Mar

Kingdom Hearts 2 was perfect for its simplicity. Nomura felt that system was very deep and they spent a lot of time and effort accomplishing that, and loved how simple and easy it became to understand Kingdom Hearts.

This is absolutely hilarious. I wonder if Nomura and his team know what the rest of the word thinks about KH2's "simple" story.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 2 was perfect for its simplicity. Nomura felt that system was very deep and they spent a lot of time and effort accomplishing that, and loved how simple and easy it became to understand Kingdom Hearts.

I laughed at this for a good minute.

Elements from one title may bleed into the other (example: blue particles for Sora and Noctis?).

So at some point did they switch from discussing KH3 and FF7Remake to discussing KH3 and FFXV?

As for Final Fantasy characters, I'm sure we'll be seeing the mainstays who have been around since KH1 especially the Radiant Garden Restoration Committe. But I'm hoping they add some new ones in and hopefully some pre-VII characters like Cecil. I'd also be surprised if Lightning doesn't show up. And of course, I've been hoping for Gilgamesh as an optional superboss for the longest. Oh and I almost forgot. I hated how Tidus and Waka weren't in KH2. I hope they come back.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more footage of heartless using teamwork.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This is absolutely hilarious. I wonder if Nomura and his team know what the rest of the word thinks about KH2's "simple" story.

The question wasn't even about the story. It was just about the gameplay :\

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
#2 Final Fantasy characters in KH3: Can't reveal anything yet, but definitely are going to include them.
Well, the Radiant Garden crew is probably in (it'd be weird for them not to be.) Hoping Zack's back. There's no other specific characters I really want in besides Jecht, Rinoa and Barret. I'll pretty much accept anyone.

#5 Changes to combat: Much more intelligent AI for party members and enemies (Heartless can team up against you), Keyblade transformations, more options in battle
I'm hoping difficulty affects AI. Tired of it being just more damage/less damage.

#7 Character Development: Kingdom Hearts 2 was perfect for its simplicity. Nomura felt that system was very deep and they spent a lot of time and effort accomplishing that, and loved how simple and clean it became to understand Kingdom Hearts.
Fixed~

Other elements can now be levelled up (possibly referring to Keyblades?)
Maybe we'll level up our spells now instead of receiving the higher ones like before?

I'm interested in the elements bleeding over part. Please give me quirky dialogue while running in fields or in battle by the party. ;~;
I want this game to have that so much!

Precursor Mar

The question wasn't even about the story. It was just about the gameplay :\

Oops, was the "in gameplay" part always there? I must have missed it. I don't see how "easy it became to understand Kingdom Hearts" relates to gameplay, KH1's combat was pretty easy to understand.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, the Radiant Garden crew is probably in (it'd be weird for them not to be.) Hoping Zack's back. There's no other specific characters I really want in besides Jecht, Rinoa and Barret. I'll pretty much accept anyone.

ZACK ;~; He better be back. FFVII will be hard enough to handle knowing Zack is dead so I think we all will need a place to turn to where Zack isn't dead and can get a happy ending with Aerith ;~;

I want this game to have that so much!

A game about friendship def needs many dorky friendship moments <3

Oops, was the "in gameplay" part always there? I must have missed it. I don't see how "easy it became to understand Kingdom Hearts" relates to gameplay, KH1's combat was pretty easy to understand.

It was added in because of everybody understanding it wrong. In the video Hollie says she asked about character development in terms of Sora's leveling.

I honestly suggest watching the video.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Interesting to hear that Keyblades are upgradable now. Probably ties into the Keyblade transformations. I think they'll kind of mix Re:Coded's Keyblade system with the BBS' D-Link system and make those transformations upgradable, as you make the Keyblade stronger. I've said it before, though, I hope the camera won't have issues keeping up with the transformations, and attractions, in the final product, because it was definitely having those issues with the pegasus chariot.

I hope the crazy spells from previous games aren't gone either, now with the command deck system gone. I hope they find a way to implement those again.

From what we saw in the trailer, I also hope the animations get a bit more fluid and that the texturing on the models gets more work, since some of them didn't look all that impressive to me. They're planning a lot of things with the AI, so I'm really curious to see how that plays out as well.

Yes. This. So much. Yes.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Interesting to hear that Keyblades are upgradable now. Probably ties into the Keyblade transformations. I think they'll kind of mix Re:Coded's Keyblade system with the BBS' D-Link system and make those transformations upgradable, as you make the Keyblade stronger. I've said it before, though, I hope the camera won't have issues keeping up with the transformations, and attractions, in the final product, because it was definitely having those issues with the pegasus chariot.

Re:coded had a great Keyblade evolution system. The different finishers depending on what your Keyblade was set to was so much fun. Also, chi has Keyblade upgrades so I'd love to see something like a base form for a keychain and though leveling it up it gets stronger/better abilities. It'd make players more likely to experiment with Keyblades rather than stick with the newest and/or strongest one obtained.

I hope the crazy spells from previous games aren't gone either, now with the command deck system gone. I hope they find a way to implement those again.

Ugh, I just remembered that. It would be great if magic could be a bit more command deck-like ala being able to cycle through it easily and not by having it set to a shortcut + getting to choose the order magic is set up or being able to choose what level of magic you want for a spell.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Re:coded had a great Keyblade evolution system. The different finishers depending on what your Keyblade was set to was so much fun. Also, chi has Keyblade upgrades so I'd love to see something like a base form for a keychain and though leveling it up it gets stronger/better abilities. It'd make players more likely to experiment with Keyblades rather than stick with the newest and/or strongest one obtained.

Exactly my thoughts. Re:Coded made all the different Keyblades interesting to use. The other games didn't do a good job at that, so seeing the news on the KH3 Keyblades makes me very hopeful.

Ugh, I just remembered that. It would be great if magic could be a bit more command deck-like ala being able to cycle through it easily and not by having it set to a shortcut + getting to choose the order magic is set up or being able to choose what level of magic you want for a spell.

Yeah, I think that'd be a great way to give us both the "command deck" and the classic KH-system.

It's interesting that they've tried out all these different styles of gameplay in the handheld games, which they now can combine. They have all these tools at their disposal and all the potential to reinvent the classic KH-gameplay in a big way. If they handle this right, KH3 will feel both familiar and fresh.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Side thought: it might be interesting for KHI to do its own "10 Things You Need to Know" post or series, maybe to boil down the main points about KH3 as things become more complex and overwhelming.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Side thought: it might be interesting for KHI to do its own "10 Things You Need to Know" post or series, maybe to boil down the main points about KH3 as things become more complex and overwhelming.

They could probably just watch Timeline by gametrailers. It doesn't explain everything but it keeps everyone caught up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm-NoyqzGkY

Anagram

Banned
Glad to see they're taking a note from Coded with keyblades. Its about time they added some of Codeds actually decent ideas in other titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back