• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts II Manga Wallpaper Commemorating the 10th Volume!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The 10th volume of the Kingdom Hearts II manga series by Shiro Amano will be released this summer and in order to celebrate the final volume's upcoming release, a new wallpaper featuring all of the heroes, Disney characters, and Organization XIII members from the game has been released on the official Square Enix GanGan website!

[1920 x 1200] [1280 x 1024] [1024 x 768

Shiro Amano has also written a special message about the Kingdom Hearts series on Twitter which you can read below thanks to Zephyr:

Monthly Shounen GanGan July Issue is on sale today! This coloring piece is at the end of KINGDOM HEARTS II. About 12 years has passed for the series and it strives to continue because of the encouragement of everyone. Thank you very much for all these years!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Source: GanGan

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I can't wait for the last volume. I'm planning to buy it the moment it releases. Makes me wonder if Amano will do BBS mangas later.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He better. I've been waiting for his rendition of BBS since forever ;~;

BBS was so tragic and I want to see how he'd have the characters have fun on their journeys...

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Shiro Amano needs to keep doing the series after KH2. He has a way of taking the plot of the games and actually making them even more enjoyable (and fleshed out) then they already were. Not to mention, the manga counterparts at times feel more fleshed out than even their game counterparts.

Plus, that art style doe.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yes, finally. After all of these years the KH2 manga will finally be done.

And the BBS manga can finally begin.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
There are multiple versions of the kh manga?

whelp.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
No, I meant, like, different versions of manga done by different people. I thought there was a bbs manga already, and vanitas fangirls were swooning over it because it sympathized the only purely evil character in the series.

Kaijuguy19

Epic wallpaper. :) I'm glad the KH2 adaptation is finally going to be finished. Looking forward to the manga adaptations of the other KH games like BBS :D

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
No, I meant, like, different versions of manga done by different people. I thought there was a bbs manga already, and vanitas fangirls were swooning over it because it sympathized the only purely evil character in the series.

That was one of the novels, if I remember correctly.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No. There are the novels written by Tomoco Kanemaki & illustrated by Shiro Amano, and there is the manga series written by Shiro Amano.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
No. There are the novels written by Tomoco Kanemaki & illustrated by Shiro Amano, and there is the manga series written by Shiro Amano.

Oh okay then. Thank you for clarifying. This reminds me, I should brush up on the manga that's already out in the meantime, or wait for it all to be released and I'll buy it in a collection. That would be great, if they were released in saga collections.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Oh okay then. Thank you for clarifying. This reminds me, I should brush up on the manga that's already out in the meantime, or wait for it all to be released and I'll buy it in a collection. That would be great, if they were released in saga collections.
Well Yen Press actually has been releasing them all (except Days) in omnibuses, so that's probably as good as it gets.

KH1 is two omnibuses and CoM is one. Days is five volumes which isn't too bad.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not to mention Kingdom Hearts II has been released in 3 omnibuses thus far.

KH2 Vol 1 = 1 - 3.5
KH2 Vol 2 = 3.5 - 5
KH2 Vol 3 = 6 - 7

So I'd say expect 4 to be maybe be the final one with 8-10 sometime next year?

hlc1988

Awards

KH2 Vol 1 = 1 - 3.5
KH2 Vol 2 = 3.5 - 5
KH2 Vol 3 = 6 - 7

Maybe end of this year? That's when KH2 Vol 3 was released last year...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

KH2 Vol 1 = 1 - 3.5
KH2 Vol 2 = 3.5 - 5
KH2 Vol 3 = 6 - 7

I hope it's the last one. So many KH2 omnibuses.

Then BBS and DDD, please Amano. Pleaaaase. ;~;

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That wallpaper must have taken some time to be put together with so many characters in it. :D
I'm tempted to make it my new desktop background...

I also still think the games would profit immensely if Shiro Amano would be made part of the scenario writers team. Much of the pacing and characterisation problems of the games are non-existent in the manga.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That wallpaper must have taken some time to be put together with so many characters in it. :D
I'm tempted to make it my new desktop background...

A true labor of love~

It is a really nice looking wallpaper and very calming on the eyes due to the color

I also still think the games would profit immensely if Shiro Amano would be made part of the scenario writers team. Much of the pacing and characterisation problems of the games are non-existent in the manga.

I believe this as well. Amano knows how to make a story and the characters in that story work well.

(You know, I've never seen Amano thanked in any of the games...he really should considering what he is doing for fans <3 )

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Sometimes I read the Days manga and just sit and think about how good the game could have been with Amano's help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back