• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► More Info on Kingdom Hearts Fan Event at D23 coming in August, Tickets out in September!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

In November, the D23 Expo Japan will be making a triumphant return. This event will be taking place over the weekend of November 6-8th 2015. This year will feature a special Kingdom Hearts event, with the working title of "Kingdom Hearts Fan Event", which will occur on the 3rd of November. As promised in our last article, more information would be coming in late April. Today, the promise was fulfilled as the D23 Event webpage updated with a few little details about the upcoming schedule.

Thanks to Goldpanner for summarising the new details, we've learnt that the main website will update in mid-August with more information of the what to expect at the event. Tickets to the Kingdom Hearts Fan Event will be available in September, however this will be limited to a lucky draw event. It remains to be seen if tickets to the event will be available through any other methods.

For those who were with us in October 2013, the D23 Expo Japan revealed a spectacular Kingdom Hearts 3 work-in-progress trailer where some new gameplay features were showcased, and we got a glimpse at an updated Twilight Town and Heartless. While details on the event is scarce, the nature of the event being for Kingdom Hearts and kicking off D23 is very exciting, as Tetsuya Nomura promises Kingdom Hearts 3 news this year, as well as information about titles connected to it, including a smartphone game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Thanks for the update, can't wait for the event.

(pick me up an event ticket chase)
(use ur magic kangaroo powers)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thanks for the update, can't wait for the event.

(pick me up an event ticket chase)
(use ur magic kangaroo powers)
My magic kangaroo powers only extend so far. They can't even get me to E3 or Gamescom because $2500 for plane tickets is insane.

I'm glad they're releasing what will be in the event in August. Gives me a few months to prepare myself. Although I guess it depends on what exactly they say. If they're like "Secret Event Will Happen" like 10 times I will cry.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Lol that'd be just like square to release a statement "full lineup reveal in August" and the site says "secret event" for every entry.

that sucks, hope you at least get some benefits, like the free MoM copy of DDD that one of you guys got for review in 2012.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Lol that'd be just like square to release a statement "full lineup reveal in August" and the site says "secret event" for every entry.
I'm fully expecting this just because it's Square Enix.

that sucks, hope you at least get some benefits, like the free MoM copy of DDD that one of you guys got for review in 2012.
I don't get that stuff since the publisher for Kingdom Hearts games in Australia isn't Square Enix.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
This is great news, and I'm uber excited for it! :D

Though I do think SE will troll, and won't actually tell what will be at the event at all, when they do end up updating the site.

But shouldn't this year's event be called D24?, seeing as how last year was 23?

-is confused-

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
This is great news, and I'm uber excited for it! :D

Though I do think SE will troll, and won't actually tell what will be at the event at all, when they do end up updating the site.

But shouldn't this year's event be called D24?, seeing as how last year was 23?

-is confused-

The 23 is not because of the number of times the event's been done, the 23 is for 1923, the year Disney founded his company.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Nice, an announcement here of a recent announcement for an announcement in August about the announcements in November.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Ugh! I almost wish they would do this in the D23 in the US too! I'm not going to that either, but at least the KHi staff could report back! Do we have any possible way of having KHi contacts going to D23 Japan that might have a chance at the lottery?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If we knew the answer to that, it would have been in the OP.
More information on the lottery will be available from Mid-August to September.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If we knew the answer to that, it would have been in the OP.
More information on the lottery will be available from Mid-August to September.

*chaser in Nomura voice*: Please be patient. *chuckles*

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Nah, it's just annoying when details are so scarce like @ Square Enix why did you even bother announcing more updates in late April that just turned out to be an announcement for Mid-August like c'mon you could have just said Mid-August from the start.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
They announced they were making an announcement detailing the date of announcements that are soon to be announced.

Bobjam

Awards
Nah, it's just annoying when details are so scarce like @ Square Enix why did you even bother announcing more updates in late April that just turned out to be an announcement for Mid-August like c'mon you could have just said Mid-August from the start.

SE are really good at announcements about announcements at the moment aren't they? Why are they waiting all the time to announce their stuff when they have so many ways of getting info to us?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They've been getting better with their Youtube streams, but I feel like they're still behind on the times. This kind of way of giving out information feels very 2007.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Well I can't say I'm that shocked that they do announcements of announcements, I mean in this day and age we get a lot of sneak peaks of trailers and that's kind of the same thing. When you start hyping up material that is intended to hype up a product, you know you dun goofed :p

Kaijuguy19

Hope the people who are lucky enough to win the lottery have a good time. I wish I can attend there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back