• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts Pin Releasing at Disney World Pin Trading Event in September!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Every year since 2011, Disney has been releasing an official Kingdom Hearts Disney pin, and this year will be no different. Through forum member kupo1211, we've learned that a new pin featuring Mickey, Donald and Goofy will be available at the GenEARation D Pin Event at the World ShowPlace, Epcot in Disney World from September 11-12, 2015.

Click to enlarge!

This limited edition 300 pin - designed by Disney Design group artist Maria Clapsis - comes in a set of four, with three other pins with designs based on Tron, Ducktales, and Disney Infinity. They will be sold altogether for $99.95.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Aww. This is adorable! And it's so nice to see Disney giving more attention to KH lately:)

The price for all four hurts me a bit, but for something like this, I might just take the chance to buy them, anyway;)

Plus, I just love the Disney trio! They need more love from the KH fans, imo^_^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My heart aches at that price. Hopefully they will sell it individually at some point so I can scour Disneyland and the Pin Store in DD for it.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I don't care about pins but they sure are cute! I think the concept for the KH pin looks better, but what they went with is nice too.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
They look cool. I wish I had money for kh merch but its probably best because I don't even have a place to put my 2.5 collector pin.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
So apparently you need to pay $140 for the event AND park admission, which is like $100 or something, and then win a lottery to get to buy the pin set for $100. That is borderline ridiculous, guess it'll be easier to buy it on the secondhand market (like eBay) instead of all 4 pins for at least $340. That being said, the last LE300 Disney-themed park pin goes for a consistent $150-200, so this pin will probably follow suit.

WHY DOES KINGDOM HEARTS HAVE TO BE POPULAR??!?! WHY COULDN'T WE ALL LOVE SOMETHING NOT POPULAR??? This was the last Disney-themed park pin:

pin83326

I do see Disney consistently doing MDG pins...no SRK :(

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't know what I prefer, The Tron, KH, or Disney Infinity pin. They're all so good.

Rosebudx

Awards
why must they depict donald with the dream rod in both pins?

Because it has Mickey's silhouette and the Mage's Staff doesn't. They're going for promotion of Mickey [read: Disney] over accuracy. Goofy just lucked out in that his basic shield already has the silhouette.

JollyCrow

Quiet pricey, but most things deemed as "collector's items" are.

They did bundle a official Disney pin in the special edition of KH 2.5, which I personal like better than the one pictured with the trio.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Quiet pricey, but most things deemed as "collector's items" are.

They did bundle a official Disney pin in the special edition of KH 2.5, which I personal like better than the one pictured with the trio.

Yeah Disney pins on average range from $15-20 per, so $25 each is pretty close to that given it's collectors and at a special pin event.

Honestly though, the hard to find Kingdom Hearts pins (like the Hot Topic old ones) fetch around $150-200 on the secondary market so I guess when you look at it that way, this pin is pretty cheap for $25 since I bet it'll sell on eBay for $100 minimum for JUST the Kingdom Hearts pin alone @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back