• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura: Kingdom Hearts 3 is Developing Smoothly, Smartphone title coming soon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Famitsu recently conducted an interview with KINGDOM HEARTS creator Tetsuya Nomura. Released today, Nomura reveals that the development of KINGDOM HEARTS 3 is coming along smoothly, and that new and announcements will be made soon.

One of the events where news will be released will be at D23 in November. He also revealed that a game being developed for smartphones will be announced soon, possibly at E3.

“We have some interesting things planned. There will be Kingdom Hearts III news, and various things, I think. Kingdom Hearts III development is going smoothly, but there will also be new announcements connected to it. As one of those new announcements, I think we should be able to announce a smartphone-specific development for the series in short order.”

Could this finally be the release of KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] in Western territories, or is there something else being made?

Thanks to Gematsu for the translation.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Please just be Chi.

Also, yes. A KH3 trailer for E3 is now quite likely. Let's see some story development and new Disney worlds!

Or they could just show us shots of Sora's shoes. I won't mind, I'll take anything.

Heartkeeper

Awards
I hope the smartphone game works on Iphone 4S, is the only smartphone I have.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I hope the smartphone game works on Iphone 4S, is the only smartphone I have.
Unfortunately new apps being released have only been for iPhone 5 and up. It's highly unlikely that the iPhone 4S will be compatible with whatever they are planning.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Safe to assume it won't be a brand new game.

At least, I hope not.

A smartphone port of χ[chi] would be welcomed, though. Maybe it'd run better than the Flash client.

DanX

It's good to know it will be at D23 in November but I hope something is shown at E3 (which I think there's a decent chance of).

Though I wouldn't be that surprised if a new trailer is not released until D23.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's good to know it will be at D23 in November but I hope something is shown at E3 (which I think there's a decent chance of).

Though I wouldn't be that surprised if a new trailer is not released until D23.
I would be very surprised if nothing is shown at E3. By June, they would have had over a year and a half of developing in darkness, except for that brief concept art trailer at the 2.5 fan event in December. They should have at least something worth showing, even if it's just a minute half teaser like the initial E3 announcement trailer. A meatier trailer should be shown at D23, no doubt :)

Bobjam

Awards
It's feeling like we are only getting another teaser trailer for E3 then with some other KH announcements (mobile, DDD HD) and then the full trailer for D23. I hope more comes sooner for III really.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's feeling like we are only getting another teaser trailer for E3 then with some other KH announcements (mobile, DDD HD) and then the full trailer for D23. I hope more comes sooner for III really.
Yeah, definitely expect a few different announcements soon. I'm holding on for at least a KH2.5 port to PS4 to be announced so I can finally get rid of my PS3.

DanX

I would be very surprised if nothing is shown at E3. By June, they would have had over a year and a half of developing in darkness, except for that brief concept art trailer at the 2.5 fan event in December. They should have at least something worth showing, even if it's just a minute half teaser like the initial E3 announcement trailer. A meatier trailer should be shown at D23, no doubt :)
The main reason that I have some doubt is because of them changing engines last year around October (probably earlier) which as some have said could have set them back a bit. But by E3 it will have been 8 months since then so they will probably have something to show.

Bobjam

Awards
The main reason that I have some doubt is because of them changing engines last year around October (probably earlier) which as some have said could have set them back a bit. But by E3 it will have been 8 months since then so they will probably have something to show.

The engine change definitely happened earlier than when we were told about it. Remember when KHIII skipped E3 2014 and then we heard in interviews that KHIII devs were struggling with 'Image creation' and other graphical things. Well they have had time on the new engine and the tease back in December all but confirmed they were already getting things done in it so it's just a matter of SE deciding what they actually want to show and when.

mLahulia

Awards
PLEASE LET IT BE KHX[CHI]! im dying for them to release it any way to the americas

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'll assume "smartphone" also means tablet as well. Would rather play KHX on a bigger tablet screen.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Even if it's news that there will be news, I'm excited that we got news.

Here's hoping it's [chi], though I admit I'll be annoyed if it is since I don't have a smartphone and never will, but I'll still be happy if it's [chi].

Sdog

Awards
My day just became a bit easier. E3 can NOT come soon enough.

Also i'm with yall on chi, as it seems to most plausible and wouldn't want them to introduce anything new before 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back