• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI Rendition of Sora's Keyblade & Transformations from KH3 Footage

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Although the Inside the Kingdom, with Heart event in Burbank, California concluded well over a month ago, staff member Zephyr has been hard at work trying to recreate what was seen in the exclusive Kingdom Hearts 3 raw footage shown at the event. His first piece depicting the new environment that Sora walked through was so well received, and now we're excited to show you what else he has in store!

Below, you can see a recreation of the unique Keyblade Sora was shown using, as well as its dual gun and cannon transformations. Although the design of the Keyblade has not been seen before, we quickly noticed that it shared several attributes with existing Keyblades - the teeth of the blade with Brightcrest, the color scheme of Oathkeeper, and the shooting star design of Starlight.

In the footage, Sora was first shown firing with the dual guns before combining them into a cannon, which charged briefly and then quickly launched a powerful burst of light that emitted a multitude of colors as it dissipated. 

What do you think of the design? Do you think it could transform even further, and if so, what would you like to see it become? Are there any specific Keyblade designs you'd like to see in Kingdom Hearts 3? Let us know!

Antar

Awards
Re: KHI Rendition of Sora's Keyblade & Transformations from KH3 Footage

Once again, amazing work, Zephy! It's almost like you are stealing Nomura's concept/reference art from their headquarters! xD

BEASTENDER

Don't know if that's how the finalized design will look, but thanks again guys for going through the effort and sharing it with us.

Looking at that, I kind of do want Keyblade upgrades to return like in BBS or maybe even Days. It just looks like a keyblade that could get even better.

Also, I just thought of something. What if keyblades have multiple transformation levels? Like, perhaps the gun transformation starts out that way, but as time goes on, maybe they get even bigger, stronger, or change shape completely. That keyblade in particular looks like it could have another form.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Also, I just thought of something. What if keyblades have multiple transformation levels? Like, perhaps the gun transformation starts out that way, but as time goes on, maybe they get even bigger, stronger, or change shape completely. That keyblade in particular looks like it could have another form.

That's actually really interesting for you to note. Actually the Starlight image I linked in the article is it's 4th form (you can upgrade Keyblades in KH Chi). Here's an image of the original and its 3 upgrades from left to right:

NRAs3Qc.png

Stalight v1
Stalight v2
Stalight v3
Stalight v4

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Beautiful work as always Zephy! <3

Keyblade evolution is pretty much what we've been working towards for some years now. Ugh, KH3 ;~; I need thee...

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Re: KHI Rendition of Sora&#039;s Keyblade & Transformations from KH3 Footage

I'm glad you guys are liking my drawings! Initially, I had planned to draw Sora while holding them but that proved to be too difficult for me because of dynamic poses so I just drew the weapons by themselves.

Precursor Mar

Dang! Here I was thinking it was just gonna be a simple sketch, but this looks like official artwork (got that japanese text and everything lol). Thanks for going so far for us, Zephyr.

That's what I was thinking. Pull a page from Ratchet and Clank's book, make each Keyblade different and get stronger the more you use it.

Muke

whatever
Awards

It's really amazing, Zephyr! :D

The Keyblade itself looks stunning. I really like it, and I wonder what it's Name will be.
Also, it really reminds me of Aqua. Not because it looks like, Brightcrest, but because of the colorscheme...
Maybe you'll get it, when you save Aqua? I mean, look at the Keyblade and then at Aqua's Clothes.
And the Stars remind me of Wayfinders! :D

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards

That blade looks awesome! Wonderful work Zephyr. And thank you for taking time, picking your memory to make these. =)

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

Great work Zephyr, that looks fantastic. The resemblances to Starlight are uncanny but I think Brightcrest looks very different

tooklin999

Looks like a Keyblade Sora would achieve by making a promise to Aqua about bringing Ven back. The white design symbolizing a "promise" like the Oathkeeper. The "Wave" like designs look similar to Aquas dress. On top of that the KeyChain looks like a shooting star or maybe even a fallen Wayfinder (Ven)... Maybe the gun transformation is to show that its time to get things done and begin saving people by force.

LedxirnSimon

hmmm... could it be the one kind of keyblades it can transform into anything? maybe Sora learned it from Aqua when they rescued her from Realm of Darkness and obtained that keyblade chain?

saintfighteraqua

Awards

Zephyr would actually be a really good name for this Keyblade. Maybe that's what we should call it until we find out it's official name.
Zephyr Memory, maybe. ;)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

An very well done picture indeed! Thank you for taking the time and effort for making these! :)

Keyblade transformation sounds very interesting, and I`m liking the idea, that they evolve into a more powerfull versions. The question that raise in my head is that how diverse the transformation of a singe Keyblade can be? If the first version is a firearm, are the next more powerful versions of some kind of firearms too? The No Heart super boss in BBS shows clearly, that the Keyblade can transform to all kinds different weapons(MX Keyblade transforms to wings, a firearm etc).

Maybe the could be used with puzzles, or maybe they are combat mechanic. Maybe the transformation will be integrated the same way, as BBS command styles?

Narxus

Preeeeeeeeeeeeety :D

Ok, Zephyr, admit it, you're really Nomura or someone that works in that department and all of this awesomeness is actually official

On another note, I wonder if the theory of Starlght being in Kingdom Hearts 3 is still true, it's just that this is the Keyblade's final and ultimate form. It certainly looks the part

Last edited:

Mr Yippie

I hope that not all keyblade transformations are limited to Starlight, though that would be silly.

Maybe the transformations aren't attached to keyblades themselves, but every keyblade can transform into any of the transformations unlocked?

SephirothZ

Maybe the transformations aren't attached to keyblades themselves, but every keyblade can transform into any of the transformations unlocked?

Or each keyblade turns into something different. The keyblade shown in this trailer, which looks awesome, could be the only one that turns into a gun and cannon. However, the next keyblade could turn into a... I dont know... a bow and then whatever the bow upgrades to (just an example).

Mr Yippie

Or each keyblade turns into something different. The keyblade shown in this trailer, which looks awesome, could be the only one that turns into a gun and cannon. However, the next keyblade could turn into a... I dont know... a bow and then whatever the bow upgrades to (just an example).

Thats what I thought, but I was almost certain that guns and cannons would be separate weapons.

LedxirnSimon

I hope if it's the case, we can have different kinds of keychains that transforms into anything else different and unique to each of their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back