• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura to Attend The Game Awards 2014!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

In Las Vegas on December 5th, The Game Awards 2014 will make its world debut as a brand new video game awards ceremony dedicated to paying tribute to the latest and greatest releases of the year. Alongside the awards will be huge announcements from Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, along with game reveals from 3rd parties like Ubisoft, Konami, and Electronic Arts.

Geoff Keighley, creator and producer of The Game Awards, revealed in one of the nominee livestreams that Tetsuya Nomura would be in attendance at the show. Whether he is there to just enjoy the ceremoy or if he plans to reveal anything remains unknown, but you can watch Keighley mention Nomura in the video below (starts at 55:50):

The day after The Game Awards 2014, Sony's Playstation Experience begins! This massive community event weekend being hosted by Sony will feature hundred of unannounced and upcoming titles for next year from various developers around the world, and Square Enix's Shinji Hashimoto will be one of the guests in attendance for this event. Perhaps Tetsuya Nomura will also be at this event to reveal some new information on one of the many projects he is working on?

Thanks to forum user Bobjam for the tip!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3!

Bobjam

Awards
Some of the insider info that has been flying around the net lately really is making people's hype levels for PSX huge. There is talk of a huge megaton announcement dropping but we shall have to wait and see...unless it leaks. I have no doubt Square are going to announce something pretty big regardless. Maybe not FFVIIR massive but close.

Sdog

Awards
I'll try not to get my hopes too high for him being there. But regardless I hope he enjoys and I'm sure there will be announcements big enough to satisfy my hunger and mask my KH3 drought a bit longer... D=

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
These are my expectations lol, I had this from the other thread.

Final Fantasy XV Trailer with release window.
Final Fantasy XII/ Dragon Quest VIII HD Collection
Kingdom Hearts DDD Final Remix HD Collection

Final Fantasy XVI Announcement Trailer.

Let's GO!!

It's starting to be like Christmas...:)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't expect anything at the awards ceremony since... none of his games have even been nominated and it'd be random as hell to drop a bomb there, but I do expect something, big or small, at PSX. This seems just like Nomura actually intending to go to one thing and then being told he should go to the other just for the hell of it since he's still in the area.

If we're also speculating that it's that unannounced non-remake console game Matsuda mentioned in his latest interview, I believe they've already specified that it's not related to Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Apparently the game SE is planning to reveal this month is a new IP altogether which will be exciting.

(All bets on The Last Remnant for PS4. Famitsu readers shall have their redemption!)

(I'm joking btw)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Yeah, I don't feel hype or anything nor do I expect anything. He's just going there. He's been going to more events over the past couple of years, and 2.5 is just now being released. Jump Festa's around the corner, if he's announcing anything KH related it'll be there.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
About the videogame awards, this isn't the exact same one as the Spike TV Videogame Awards, right?

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
The Game Awards are not affiliated with Spike TV or Viacom.

So you're saying this won't be the same Spike's Videogame Awards that has been going for years? Just want to make sure I did read that Geoff wanted to make a proper professional show. The nominees have always been horrendous and it just felt insulting to actual gamers.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So you're saying this won't be the same Spike's Videogame Awards that has been going for years? Just want to make sure I did read that Geoff wanted to make a proper professional show. The nominees have always been horrendous and it just felt insulting to actual gamers.

Yes, I am saying exactly that. Geoff has finally made a show worth watching, I'd say. No Joel McHale being an asshole, no Tyler the Creator making fun of the show in his weird joking way, and weird GTAV promotion with rap performances in downtown LA haha

(I love Tyler the Creator but he knew he was clowinin' the second he accepted the performance deal)

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Yes, I am saying exactly that. Geoff has finally made a show worth watching, I'd say. No Joel McHale being an asshole, no Tyler the Creator making fun of the show in his weird joking way, and weird GTAV promotion with rap performances in downtown LA haha

(I love Tyler the Creator but he knew he was clowinin' the second he accepted the performance deal)

And please, no Samuel L Jackson hosting the show hehe.

I looked through the nominees and sometimes it always looks like they're jobbing against Nintendo some how. Why would they put Bayonetta 2 over Smash Bros for Game of the Year...seriously!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And please, no Samuel L Jackson hosting the show hehe.

I looked through the nominees and sometimes it always looks like they're jobbing against Nintendo some how. Why would they put Bayonetta 2 over Smash Bros for Game of the Year...seriously!

Well, the Wii U version had just released in NA/EU when the nominees were being listed...and SSB is fun on the 3DS but I don't think it is exactly qualified for GOTY. Just my opinion...

I completely forgot Samuel L Jackson hosted the VGAs xD That was an interesting year.

Antar

Awards
Just imagine, every event from now on people will be anticipating KH3! It's like a carbonated bottle of hype, being shaken! :p

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Square is due to announce a brand new IP in December, so it'll either be at PSX or Jump Festa. Seems more likely for PSX. Anything KH related would more likely occur at Jump Festa. Think about it. With the exception of the KH3 announcement, literally every other KH announcement has been Japan first, West second. I expect no different for a KH3D Remaster or any KH3 news.

However, I do find it suspicious that both Square AND Disney are attending the PSX. Unless it's just a coincidence that they're both showing off their own separate games at different booths. But still...

As for the Game Awards, doesn't seem like an announcement type of place to me. As we've seen from Nomura's Comic Con visits, not literally everywhere he goes means something will be announced there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back