• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2017 Game of the Year Vote

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What is your Game of the Year?

• Horizon Zero Dawn

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Persona 5

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • NieR Automata

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Super Mario Odyssey

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
It's almost December, meaning the end of the year is approaching. Most major games have been released for the year, and Game of the Year discussions are ramping up, so I figured it would be a good time to throw one in for this community. I'll break down how it'll work below, os that the community can select their game of the year for 2017.

November 30-December 8: Nominations

One time during this period, you can nominate three games for your choice for Game of the Year, in any order. You cannot edit your list once you've posted, and editing your post will result in your votes not counting. Feel free to discuss your picks with that of others, it's a thread on a forum after all!

All of your nominations MUST have released in 2017. If a game was released in a single country in 2016, then released to the rest of the world in 2017, it is still eligible. If it was released on one platform in 2016, but then ported to other consoles in 2017, it is NOT eligible.

Each of your nominations must be a different, new game. That means you can't nominate remasters, but if a remaster has something new, like KH 0.2, you can nominate that. You also can't nominate DLC, unless it is standalone and can be played without the original game, like Uncharted.

December 9-December 15: Top 5
We'll make a poll featuring the 5 games that had the most nominations. You'll simply vote on the game from that list that is your personal game of the year. Feel free to discuss and try to persuade others why your favorite is the best!

December 16-22: The Finalists
The 3 games that finish last in the previous vote will be cut from the list, and a new poll will be posted with the remaining 2, From those 2, the community will again vote for their pick for game of the year. The game with the most votes will be crowned as the community's game of the year on December 23.

You can nominate your top 3 games starting now (I'll do mine in a separate post once I figure them out). Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Persona 5 is my natural vote, since it's one of the games I really loved this year. Of course, Breath of the Wild is also gonna be on there, but while I do feel it's a great game, I still found myself fulfilled with Persona 5. Aside from that, it's been a rough year of games for me though, so my final choice would likely be Danganronpa V3. I'm a sucker for Murder Mystery and VNs, and that game made me feel again, so ofc I'm going for it.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I think I'm going with:

Horizon Zero Dawn (game of the generation)

NieR Automata (holy moly smooth gameplay and neato storytelling)

Call of Duty: World War II (no chance at making it through to the next round but trust me guys it's good)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
NieR Automata.

NieR Automata.

NieR Automata.

(lol I'd probably throw smth else in there too but by GOD between the sweet gameplay, quality voice acting, god-tier music, and a story that STILL has me diddlyed up from the cleverness and emotion, it hit everything I look for in a good game right on the head and it may be one of my favorites of all time. Whoo!)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Nier: Automata

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Persona 5

I`ve also heard a lot of good things about the new Wolfestein, but since I have not played the game I am not going to vote it.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
NieR Automata.

NieR Automata.

NieR Automata.

(lol I'd probably throw smth else in there too but by GOD between the sweet gameplay, quality voice acting, god-tier music, and a story that STILL has me diddlyed up from the cleverness and emotion, it hit everything I look for in a good game right on the head and it may be one of my favorites of all time. Whoo!)

It's hard to disagree. I have some issues with the level and world design, but man oh man the rest of it is that sweet goodness that I needed in a game this year.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I should be allowed to nominate Stormblood, right? While it does require you to have played A Realm Reborn and Heavensward, it certainly qualifies as a separate experience.

My list:

• Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood
  • Tekken 7
  • (will add later)

Last edited:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
My vote goes to Hidden Star In Four Seasons. Idk if anyone has even heard of it but my goty anyway since I haven't really played many new games this year.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Persona 5

Life is Strange BtS

Injustice 2

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
KNACK 2 BAAAAABEEEEEE

HZD
Kingdom Hearts 0.2
Injustice 2
Zelda BotW
Mario Oddessy
Destiny 2 (collin fucked up and forgot it)
Wolfenstein II
Cuphead

remakes/remasters but

crash n’sane tril (woah)
kh 1.5 + 2.5
ffxii the zodiac age (feels so good)
doom and skyrim on switch honestly deserve accolades for running as well as they do, doubly for skyrim because it runs better than any gaming console barring PC

i never played nioh or nier and tbh i’m ashamed, especially when considering i own the latter lol

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
ffxii the zodiac age (feels so good)
zg3A8.gif

Also I'm disappointed with those of you who aren't taking advantage of the incredibly immature title for BotW aka Breasts of the Wild tbh tsk tsk shame on you.

Sdog

Awards
Persona 5

Horizon Zero Dawn

I honestly don't have a third to nominate. I didn't play nearly half the stuff I wanted this year! Dx

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
zg3A8.gif

Also I'm disappointed with those of you who aren't taking advantage of the incredibly immature title for BotW aka Breasts of the Wild tbh tsk tsk shame on you.

The Legend of Zelda: BALLS OUT THE WINDOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back