• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2012 Roleplaying Awards are up!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Re: Roleplaying Awards 2012 - Nominations Open!

Not personal favoritism. A lot of nominations I see from people are of their friends. :/

...And?

Just because someone nominates someone from among their friends doesn't necessarily mean they are letting their choices become blinded by favoritism. They nominate them because they feel they deserve to be nominated.

Hell, if you're getting so bent out of shape from the nomination process, I can't wait to see you once we reach the voting period, where whoever has the most friends wins, regardless of quality.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

Not personal favoritism. A lot of nominations I see from people are of their friends. :/

Please nominate, please because its really hard with our section slowing down so the variety is very narrow.
Lead by example, because you're strongly suggesting that we're wrongful of our choices.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

...And?

Just because someone nominates someone from among their friends doesn't necessarily mean they are letting their choices become blinded by favoritism. They nominate them because they feel they deserve to be nominated.

Hell, if you're getting so bent out of shape from the nomination process, I can't wait to see you once we reach the voting period, where whoever has the most friends wins, regardless of quality.

Lmao who says I'm getting bent out of shape? I'm merely stating my opinion my matter. Didn't know that was so frowned upon. xD

Please nominate, please because its really hard with our section slowing down so the variety is very narrow.
Lead by example, because you're strongly suggesting that we're wrongful of our choices.

Lol I'm not even suggesting that your choices are "wrongful". It's merely like I said in response to Omni's post. I'm just stating my opinion on the matter. Sorry if it's not a popular one, but I stand by what I said. I don't think voting based on biased and subjective views is going to determine the awards that said people would be given. It's like the People's Choice Awards, but it's kay.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards

King Sora X, They may be voted upon by friends, but have you looked at the reason why they were voted for the certain things? Whether or the character itself, Have you read their posts, because I know I nominated the people I nominated for what they have done this past year. They may be my friends, but I nominated them because of their actions. As I’m sure most of the other members did as well. But again, it is also why, Orion, said, to prevent fighting, I a nominee doesn’t deserve what he/she is getting nominated for, to pm him about it.. To prevent fighting amongst the members. And he will decide if that character/member, is supposed to be in that nomination or not...

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

King Sora X, They may be voted upon by friends, but have you looked at the reason why they were voted for the certain things? Whether or the character itself, Have you read their posts, because I know I nominated the people I nominated for what they have done this past year. They may be my friends, but I nominated them because of their actions. As I’m sure most of the other members did as well. But again, it is also why, Orion, said, to prevent fighting, I a nominee doesn’t deserve what he/she is getting nominated for, to pm him about it.. To prevent fighting amongst the members. And he will decide if that character/member, is supposed to be in that nomination or not...

*shrugs*

No use furthering this argument. I'll probably end up on giving nominations myself despite my previous comments. xD

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

KSX, let me lay this out for you; this isn't favouritism.

People tend to ignore roleplays once they give them the once-over and decide not to join.
Thus, people tend not to notice stuff they aren't a part of.

People tend to join roleplays with friends in them, or draw friends to roleplays that have created or are already in.
Thus, people tend to notice stuff they and/or friends are a part of.

The vast majority of the time, people will find themselves in roleplays that feature their friends. Therefore, their memorable roleplaying experiences will be mostly characterised by the presence of their friends. Therefore, they will nominate stuff of theirs or their friends. Conversely, they will not nominate stuff they or their friends weren't in, because they never paid attention to it in the first place.

If someone put aside a definitively better nomination so they could put a their own work or the work of a friend up, that would be favouritism. But we're not dealing with limited spots here, people can put up as many nominations for every award as they like, they have no reason to sideline a friend because they can fit everyone. Aside from all that, people's idea of what is best for each award is totally subjective - you can't meaningfully say that someone neglected to nominate someone or something that was just better than what a friend of theirs made. None of us here are acting under the pretense that any of this is objective or quantitative by any means.

We're not getting at you for the fact you stated your opinion, KSX. Nor are we doing it purely because we disagree with it. We're doing it because it's a short-sighted opinion that showed little to no signs of thought on this topic beyond the most cursory mental inspection.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

Why be mad about something that is probably going to be more legit than the KHI Academy Awards? If you're so angry KSX, you do realize you could just as easily place your own nominations up, as opposed to airing out your burnt batch of cookies.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

....but I like cookies. D: It's not my fault their burnt. >.>

but yeah, gonna compile my nominations, and post them. :3 Just consider me neutral from this point on. ^_^

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

I'm hoping to get the awards going by the end of the week, so everyone post your nominations if you haven't done so already!

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

The sub-section for the awards will be going up really soon, but we still have some categories with only one or none in them! Before it's too late, dig deep into your memories of 2012 roleplaying to give us something for the following:

Best Plot Twist
Worst Roleplay Concept

Worst Hero
Worst Character Concept

Most Helpful Roleplayer

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
http://forums.khinsider.com/2013-roleplaying-awards/

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
After some delays due to work and the beginning of my university year, the 2012 RP Awards categories are all up, so go and make sure you've thrown in a vote for every category!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back