• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Series Memorial Ultimania Scans!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The Kingdom Hearts Series Memorial Ultimania released on October 2nd, 2014, the same day as HD 2.5 ReMix was released in Japan. This book contains a treasure trove of concept art and information dating back all the way to the first title, perfect for new and old fans to visit as they journey throughout the worlds with Keyblades in hand.

Thanks to Zephyr, we have scans from the book provided below. More will be uploaded later on, so stay tuned!

Click to enlarge!

(SPOILERS: Scan of the new Re:coded secret ending is here)

For those of you who want to follow up on all the information that's surfaced since HD 2.5 ReMix released in Japan, we've compiled them all for you here! Be sure to also check out our YouTube channel, where we have uploaded all of the new scenes from Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix in English!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Adding a note: some of the artwork wasn't scanned because we already have super high quality press release versions of them available in our galleries.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Is that...Is that the official art of Final Xion?!? FINALLY! After all these years I can get a clear view of her design.
These scans are amazing.

KairiSakura03

Never got a good look at the final version of Xion as well; really glad I get to see it and realize it looks much more like Sora, neat.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thank you, Zephyr!! This is so amazing omg ;A;

It's really nice to finally see concept art of Xion's final form~ (//sob XION ;____;) And the battle portraits for TAV are awesome lulz. I wonder why they didn't use the damaged portraits D:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Added a few more scans! One contains spoilers from the new Re:coded secret ending, so it's been linked instead.

GUYS ISA HAS GOLD EYES IN HIS CONCEPT ART

HE DOES AHHHHHHHH ;A;

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Thank you Zephyr! Finally have a really high quality shot of the 2.5 art without the logo or anything on it. And surprisingly, I can't even see the page texture when it's zoomed out. I had no such luck when I tried to scan mine. Awesome!

This Ultimania is friggin sweet you guys. I've had mine for a while now and it's so worth the import. I've actually looked through many many KH art galleries, this website included, and almost all the concept art, character art, world art, and renders ever made from the series are in this book. Not all of them are in the art section though. Stuff like character art and renders are mostly found alongside character descriptions in the Profiles section of the book. Same applies to world concept art in the World section. But I kid you not, I can probably count on two hands the number of KH artworks that AREN'T included in this.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I thought he had golden eyes before in the concept artwork released before... o.o
BUT DEM EYES STILL~ :redface:

Surprisingly enough, he doesn't have golden eyes in the concept art included in the BBS Ultimania. He had green eyes!

Character07%20-%20Isa.png

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I double checked my book and Isa's eyes are definitely yellow and not green. Very strange don't you think?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I double-checked my BBS Ultimania as well and his eyes are definitely green.

Somewhere along the lines, the color changed!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Things have just gotten much more serious concerning Isa. This certainly means that Isa was Nort'd as a teenager and not after he became a Nobody. The implications are too much for my heart to handle.

Soft

Except we still need evidence if that concept art was carried on to the remix game but personally I think that's just some scrapped concept. I mean, otherwise some gamer would tell us about this earlier I mean this is not some random minor detail.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Ahhh, thank you, Zephyr!
Isa eyes were green in the BBS Ultimania...while the new Ultimania has him with gold eyes. This can only mean that Isa was norted when he was a teenager. Or the gold eyes are a printing error.
Wait, the green eyes look kinda funny. Too bright. Looks last minute. Maybe he was going to have gold eyes from the get go, originally.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The bright green is because of the quality of the image scan. It's not so bright in the BBS Ultimania. You'll notice that Lea's eyes are about the same brightness from his BBS scan as well.

Character06%20-%20Lea.png

Except we still need evidence if that concept art was carried on to the remix game but personally I think that's just some scrapped concept. I mean, otherwise some gamer would tell us about this earlier I mean this is not some random minor detail.

Nah, the game wouldn't clarify something like that. Nomura is usually the first place we get clarification then the game will eventually follow suit. They wouldn't switch from green to gold in the Ultimania that is all about recapping fans before KH3 without a reason. And they have people who are supposed to check this stuff before hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back