• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sports ► 2010-2011 NBA season

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oz.

Awards
Most people are saying he's choosing Miami. I really hope not. It would be terrible for the NBA to have the balance of power swing to only one team. I'm still crossing my fingers that he chooses the Knicks.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
If the Heat get LeBron, they're winning the NBA Championship this year.

lol Nope. I'm sure the Celtics (though it urks me to say that) or the Magic will hand their asses to them, because the Miami Heat will just be another overrated team that ends up failing to do what everyone thought they would.

Also, LeBron would be the biggest coward in sports history if he leaves Cleveland and signs with Miami.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
Lol, as much as I want the Celtics to win the championship, (seeing as I'm a Celtics fan), I think that last year was their last really good chance to win with this big three. Maybe they have one maybe two pushes left in them, but we'll have to see.

Kinda forgot the Heat would like, 5 players on their roster, so yeah, not this year.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Yep. Lebron is on the heats. I saw it coming honestly. But I wanted him to go to the bulls >_<

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Hell yeah, man
Lebron James is an officail member of the miami heat

say hello to the new big three! (hopefully)

Crimson Jazz

Comments from Lycanthrope (who can't log in right now): So after cooling down a lot (I was firetrucking ENRAGED), I can honestly say that I don't hate LeBron, but I am certainly disappointed. I do not want to hear any comparisons to MJ right now. I think LeBron made a grave mistake heading to a roster that currently has 2 plays under contract. He should have gone to Chicago if he wanted to really wow his spectators. He would be at a readymade contending team with Rose, Boozer, Noah, Gibson, and Deng. I would have rather seen him anywhere but Miami, but this is definitely a historical night for the league. I might be looking at this from an old-school aspect, but I feel like this is a cowardly way to go on LeBron's part. I also feel that these 3 will be torched if they don't win 4 of the next 5 years, which they most certainly will not. Shit, I feel like Durant will have more rings at the end of his career than these 3. I can only just wonder who Riley will recruit for a shitty minimum contract now, and how the East will shape out next year. And Dan Gilbert is an unprofessional douche bag.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
My hunch was right! I got it right! YAY!

I don't care too much for the NBA, but I knew Lebron was going to leave Ohio. He seemed fed up with the place. I've been hearing basketball fans say for a long time that "he has no help" in Ohio. Lebron is a good player and I hope he'll retire from the league with at least one championship ring.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
This whole NBA crap has gone to hell. Players going ''Lets go here and make them champions.''

NBA will never be what it used to be. Players trying to buy championship it's already bad when the Yankees do it.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Oh hey Miami is trading Beasley to Minnesota for a second round draft pick to free up cap room. So now they don't even have 5 players. I'm not sure who the think they are going to end up getting with the little money that they can spend, but the next 8 players aren't going to be huge.

Oz.

Awards
Rumors are that Mike Miller is very close to signing with the Heat. ESPN has been saying that Shaq is another likely target.

Crimson Jazz

So the Bulls have signed Kyle Korver, the best three-point shooter in the league in the 09-10 season. They might also get restricted free agent J.J. Redick, who was 17th in three-point shooting. The Magic have a week to decide if they will match the offer that the Bulls gave him.

This is great news to me. The only thing is, which one of them deserves the starting SG spot? My gut tells me Kyle Korver, but Bulls.com's Sam Smith says it'll be J.J. Redick, assuming the Magic can't match the Bulls' offer.

Also, a lot of Bulls fans at Bulls.com want Anthony Morrow to be on the Bulls target list and get the starting SG spot. Which isn't a bad idea at all. Actually, it's a great idea. Anthony Morrow, an undrafted player in 2008, was the league leader in three-point percentage in the 08-09 season and was fifth this past season.

The Bulls will definitely have a lot of options and a great bench, no matter which is these three players sign or don't sign.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
What they need is a defensive SG. Korver can't play defense for shit, and I don't recall if Reddick is much of a defensive tool either. Is Morrow any good defensively?

Crimson Jazz

What they need is a defensive SG. Korver can't play defense for shit, and I don't recall if Reddick is much of a defensive tool either. Is Morrow any good defensively?

Not sure, haven't seen any games of him playing defense. His offense is really the only showcased.

But if a defensive SG is needed, there's always Ronnie Brewer. He's not the best shooter, but he's a great defender. But they would have just kept Kirk if they needed a defensive SG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back