• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2009 MLB Season

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
So pitchers and catchers have already reported to their respected teams to start their spring. soon the rest of the team will have reported thus putting Spring Training in full motion. Of course there is the World Baseball Classic which I rather like the USA chances, finally.

So of course with a new Spring means the new season. Some big things happen this year in the offseason, and really is changing the face of baseball in general. So many big names moved to new teams, and there are still some big names out there (Manny, Ben Sheets).

So first off might as well asak which team you think did best in the offseason, and which team did the worse.

Best: You would think I would say the New York Yankees because they brought in 2 outstanding pitchers and a pretty damn good first basemen. My problem is that one of those pitchers really got worked in the last half of the season so his fatigue factor may be higher. So who do I give the title too? I actually must say I like what the Mets have done. They added 2 key points to their team which they really needed, and without losing any key offensive weapons. Right now Mets made the best moves, but there are plenty of teams that can change that with 1 simple signing.

Worse: Well there are plenty of teams that can be here, Kansas City, Colorado, Toronto, but I will go hometown with this and say the Cards have made the most diappointing offseason. We let go of a guy who could play either side of the middle infield, Arron Miles, and he batted .317 last season. Then we didn't even get anything we really needed.
Starting pitchers....nope
Relief help......not much
Closer......we will just work with what we got (dumbasses)
I am disappointed in my team, but none the less still very excited for the season.

I do wonder how many steriod users will be caught this year. Way to go A-Rod at ruining your chances. I defended you too faggot.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well since no one else posts I will just add a few thins with a double post (which i tend to do a lot in sport threads for some reason).

First off some teams start their games Wednesday (maybe Tuesday not sure) so we can see who is getting ready. Some of the players I believe are heading off to join their country soon so this Spring not entirly great. So just over a month left till the long steriod i mean baseball season starts off.

Also I created a fantasy baseball league on ESPN so if anyone wants to join search for "Baseball Experts?."

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Mets should be good, but then again they should have been good last year too. Anyway I don't care to much for spring scores because they really don't show what a team is going to be made of.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Not really because they are just playing against other secondary teams. Hell this is really the only time of the year where you will see so many games with over 10 runs for both teams.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
If the New York Yankees don't get a World Series Championship this year, with or without A-Rod, they are wasting their money.

Of course, I hope those fuckers lose. Pulling for the improbable repeat from the Phillies.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
Mariners should be better than last year now that they have Ken Griffey Jr.

But the Mets have my pick to win the World Series

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I think the Phillies won't have the great year like last. They will have to fight for their division which I don't see them winning. I think the Mets will be back in slight form pulling out the division by a few games. Though they will need to watch out for Atlanta and Florida is always dangerous.

Yankees can not do anything less than an ALC title. If they don't make it to the World Series a lot of New Yorkers will be pissed cause they built that team to win now. A Rod will play about end of May which I think this is meant to maybe draw off some pressure of steroids. I still think he needs a good year or else he will lose a lot of fans.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
All the Phillies really lost was Pat the Bat. other than that I think they can contend. Not necessary repeat, but contend in the playoffs.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Ken Griffey Jr is past his prime, he won't help the Mariners all that much.

I'm looking for the Phillies to repeat again. But, I'm also going to be rooting for my Cubbies, again. Milton Bradley was a good addition to the team, but I hated it when they released Kerry Wood, one of my all-time favorite pitchers. Hopefully, Carlos Marmol (or Kevin Gregg, depending on who they choose for the closer spot) can fill Kerry Wood's shoes.

I was actually surprised Manny re-signed with the Dodgers, seeing as how he was constantly rejecting offers from them a few months ago.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well the Phillies look like they are going to start off their regular season with a lose to one of their division rivals. Brad Lidge at least still looks good.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
Well the Phillies look like they are going to start off their regular season with a lose to one of their division rivals. Brad Lidge at least still looks good.
Ehh Phillies ALWAYS lose opening day, for as long as I can remember, so I'm not worried. Lidge looked great, especially against that rookie kid (don't remember his name).

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
I just got the MLB package so I can see every game so I'll be able to see my Mariners. They should probably win tomorrow with Felix Hernandez on the mound, we'll have to see how Francisco Liriano pitches tomorrow. Go M's!

Also... the Phillies are getting rocked right now. They only have two hits. I stopped watching it because it's such a slaughter but whatever, they should still be good this year.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Cubs just wrapped up their series with the Astros with Kosuke Fukudome having his best game as a Cubbie so far.

And that's horrible news about Nick Adenhart. And he had a wonderful game last night.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
That really does suck for the Angels. They really needed him this year. He was really talented.

Anyway Chris Carpenter looked like the Cy Young performer he was back in 06 with his start today. 6 2/3 innings of no hit ball. The one run he let up was unearned. So excited that he is finally back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back