• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sports ► 2009-10 NFL Season

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Saw the Saints pre-season game on Saturday. 45-7 win over the Raiders. I think my team is ready for the season to start.
They were playing the Raiders and it is PRE-season for a reason.

So it sounds like Cobb will be getting the start for the final pre-season game for the Eagles but of course Vick might be playing a whole half? This could be the last we see Vick till week 6th.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Yeah, I heard about his return awhile back and more recently, how his first game date was bumped up to week 6 or whatever. I don't really agree with what he did, but in some respect, I feel that even Vick deserves a second chance.

As for my Colts, I'm not sure if this was true, but I heard that they lost Marvin Harrison. Is that true? Man, if that is, I think it's going to be a long season. Payton Manning's good, but without his "go to" man of years passed, this isn't going to be pretty or did I hear wrong? (I hope I did.)

TerraFTW!

Yeah, I heard about his return awhile back and more recently, how his first game date was bumped up to week 6 or whatever. I don't really agree with what he did, but in some respect, I feel that even Vick deserves a second chance.

As for my Colts, I'm not sure if this was true, but I heard that they lost Marvin Harrison. Is that true? Man, if that is, I think it's going to be a long season. Payton Manning's good, but without his "go to" man of years passed, this isn't going to be pretty or did I hear wrong? (I hope I did.)

You heard Correct. Harrison had asked for a release and had been granted one. He is currently a Free Agent. Which probably, he won't be for long as he has so many fuckin NFL records. haha.

Also I feel what going to happen the Colts is what happened to the Miami Heat with basketball. They were a great team but eventually started to Fail.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I don't think Colts will be like the Heat. I think they will be good as long as they got Peyton and some good receivers. They are a good offensive team, and looks like their rookie running back is pretty good. Not sure if he took the starter position though.

Also Vick was cleared to return to NFL action by Week 3. The commsioner announced it yesterday since today was the day teams had to cut their roster down to 53. We will see what he can do. I didn't see highlights for his game last night, but sort of sounds like it wasn't as they hoped. 7 for 11 with 1 INT and was sacked 4 times.

themirrorstruth

Seattle Seahawks going all the way!!!!! Matt's back, we signed edge, we have the best line backing core in the league, and we have TJ WHOSURMAMA

TerraFTW!

I don't think Colts will be like the Heat. I think they will be good as long as they got Peyton and some good receivers. They are a good offensive team, and looks like their rookie running back is pretty good. Not sure if he took the starter position though.

But you can agree they are not going to be as good as they were in 2005.

Also Vick was cleared to return to NFL action by Week 3. The commsioner announced it yesterday since today was the day teams had to cut their roster down to 53. We will see what he can do. I didn't see highlights for his game last night, but sort of sounds like it wasn't as they hoped. 7 for 11 with 1 INT and was sacked 4 times.

From what I have seen, he isn't the old Vick. He is ALOT slower than he was before. He still has an Arm but not as good as before. It will take him a year or two to recover and play like his old self.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
From what I have seen, he isn't the old Vick. He is ALOT slower than he was before. He still has an Arm but not as good as before. It will take him a year or two to recover and play like his old self.

I had a feeling that it was going to take at least a year or two for him to get back to his old self, though who knows, maybe he'll get better sooner than we expect. We'll see.

As for the Colts, though I do feel that we won't be able to get back to championship caliber this season or even next one, if not for a good while, I think we can at least still be a playoff and division contender. I still feel that the loss of him is going to have a larger impact on how we play than losing James or Vanderject. (probably spelled wrong).

TerraFTW!

I had a feeling that it was going to take at least a year or two for him to get back to his old self, though who knows, maybe he'll get better sooner than we expect. We'll see.

As for the Colts, though I do feel that we won't be able to get back to championship caliber this season or even next one, if not for a good while, I think we can at least still be a playoff and division contender. I still feel that the loss of him is going to have a larger impact on how we play than losing James or Vanderject. (probably spelled wrong).

Yeah I can see them going to play-offs.

Who do you guys think will make it in to the Superbowl. Here are my contenders(No order):

Seahawks (I really don't like this team but with a Promising Defense this year idk)
Falcons (With Ryan and Gonzalez who knows)
Minnesota (Peterson is a beast)
Patriots (Brady and Moss combo= Win's.)

but that's my opinion

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do

Nah, they have too much respect for Addai to give away his spot to a rookie. Brown is very good though, so The Colts will work a 2-Back set with Brown and Addai sharing some carries like Peterson & Taylor.

Seattle Seahawks going all the way!!!!! Matt's back, we signed edge, we have the best line backing core in the league, and we have TJ WHOSURMAMA

Gotta agree though. If Matt can stay healthy, I don't see them not winning the division. They have a very solid team.

No faith in Indy, come on! Anthony Gonzalez has already proven to be that #2 Receiver. Now, the #3 is a problem. Don't know if they'll throw Collie into the fire or give Garcon another chance at it. Manning started off rusty cause he didn't play all last pre-season. Now, he's played, he's ready. Let's see Tennessee try to take the division again. I dare them to.

Yeah I can see them going to play-offs.

Who do you guys think will make it in to the Superbowl. Here are my contenders(No order):

Seahawks (I really don't like this team but with a Promising Defense this year idk)

but that's my opinion

I agree with Atlanta and New England. There's no way Atlanta doesn't win that division and lock up the #2 seed behind The Eagles (yea I said The Eagles :lol:)

As for New England, damn it. Brady is back and it's hard to pick against that. As much as I HATE to say it :angry:

Seahawks (I don't know if they have enough to make it back to the SuperBowl. The NFC has gotten better. The Giants will be good, The Bears will be good, and If the Seahawks can stay healthy, they can make some noise in the playoffs.

Vikings (until I see how Favre does in the first few games, I'm not anointing them anything. let's not forget how his stint with The Jets ended.)

Speaking of The Jets. Is it me, or do they look like they're gonna be a good team this year? I mean they have that Defensive Genius Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez has looked pretty good.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Who do you guys think will make it in to the Superbowl.
I am going with my hometown team, as always, the Eagles. I just really want to see how Vick fits in, plus this year the Eagles seem to have their wide receiver situation under control.

From the AFC, it's really tough. I might have to go with the Ravens, just since their defense is so solid, and Joe Flacco has more experience now in the pocket.
Here are my contenders(No order):

I can definitely see why you would say the Falcons. They are such an interesting team. The Seahawks don't really strike me as a contender this year, but once the season starts I could be wrong. Minnesota I think will make the playoffs, but with the whole Favre situation, I can't be so sure if he will make the Vikings any better. He turns 40 this season, remember. But I am definitely keeping my eye on them. But the Patriots... I honestly haven't watched any of their preseason games, but they definitely have a shot as long as Brady's knee is in top shape.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
I can't believe I didn't see this thread 'til now lol.

Anyway, yeah, the Seahawks are my team, their defense looks killer and Hasselbeck looks to be back in form, and Jim Mora's the first coach in team history to go undefeated in the Preseason. So I'm really looking forward to the season, hopefully Aaron Curry will be incredible this year like he was in the final Preseason game.

Anyway, Super Bowl picks are:

NFC-Seahawks, I have to go with my team, and I think they have a good shot this year with new staff and players.

AFC-Patriots, Brady's back (hopefully he won't go down in the first game lol) and he looked really good in the preseason, Moss is gonna be good, not as good as 2007 but I still predict he'll get 12+ TD'S. The defense will probably be the weakest point for them with the loss of Vrabel and Bruschi but I think the offense will take them into the Super Bowl.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
So of course season starts this week so going to do the picks thing like me and Destiny did last year. I will try to pick 5 possibly good games to pick from. We really don't keep score just a way to hear your opinions on games. If you want to participate try to give an explaination why you are picking the team.

Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Philadelphia at Carolina
Jacksonville at Indianapolis
Chicago at Green Bay
Buffalo at New England

First game I think will be low scoring and is a nice way to start the season. I will take Pittsburgh on the fact they are coming into the season with a defense that can be increaydibly scary with Harrison sounds like is looking better than he did last year. If Big Ben can get the run game going I think gives him enough room to get some passes. Now Titans do have a good running game, but again they are going against a really good run defense. I got Steelers winning 16-10.

The second game hard to really say. I think this could be the best game to watch come Sunday. The Eagles have the defense that gives a team troubles and they have Westbrook and McNabb on offense. My only concern is their WR do look good, but I will say watch this receiving core cause I think if they do get hot this will be the best team in the league. Now Carolina has a good defense, but are they still the same type of defense as previous years. Also this team has been held so high last few years with disappoint at the end of each. Though they do have 2 really good Rbs and one of the best WRs in the league. Overall I will give the edge to the Eagles 28-24.

So Jags or the Colts. Last year it did seem to be the Colts did start off very slow, and had a tough time with the Jags in recent years. Jones-Drew is taking the carries by himself this year for the Jags and I would never say that is bad. He looks good, and the Jags did add Holt which can be good for their QB which looks like it could be Gerrad unless he gets injuried again. The Colts though still have a good offensive team with a good 1-2 receiving core and one of the best at TE. I think Defense is the key factor here. If the Jags can play defense like they can then I can see Colts losing their season opener. But I like the look of the Colts so I will go Colts winning 28-20.

Chicago at Green Bay more divisional rivals going at it. I like Green Bays offense. Rodgers did show last year that he can be the guy for this team. He looks good in the preseason and I can see him getting off to a fast start. Now there are 2 factors that can deter Rodgers from having a great game. 1. Grant doesn't get going thus Rodgers can't open up the passing lanes. 2. The Chicago defense is back to where it was 2 years ago and playing amazing. Chicago is looking good QB wise as well. Getting Cutler can be huge for them with Forte running Cutler will get the lanes to pass to Hester which I can see having a huge amount of TDs this year. So I think I will side with the Bears this time and say they win 34-24.

Last game I picked cause only Monday Night game that could be interesting. I think Buffalo did something good with the addition of TO, but I just have to wonder how long will they be happy with him. You got a young QB in there who might not want to always give TO the ball and could be bad if TO starts whining about his touches. Now on the otherside what can I say? Tom Brady is back and playing behind a good line which means Moss is back, Welker is back, and any otherplayer that can catch on that team is back. The defense is a question cause they lost 2 key players, but don't count this team out. I am taking the Patriots winning this big 45-10.

TerraFTW!

I am going with my hometown team, as always, the Eagles. I just really want to see how Vick fits in, plus this year the Eagles seem to have their wide receiver situation under control.

From the AFC, it's really tough. I might have to go with the Ravens, just since their defense is so solid, and Joe Flacco has more experience now in the pocket.

I can definitely see why you would say the Falcons. They are such an interesting team. The Seahawks don't really strike me as a contender this year, but once the season starts I could be wrong. Minnesota I think will make the playoffs, but with the whole Favre situation, I can't be so sure if he will make the Vikings any better. He turns 40 this season, remember. But I am definitely keeping my eye on them. But the Patriots... I honestly haven't watched any of their preseason games, but they definitely have a shot as long as Brady's knee is in top shape.

Yeah With a Matt Ryan-Tony Gonzalez combo I expect great thing (Falcons fav team). Seahawks D was outstanding in Preseason. Although defense doesn't score TD's. You know what would be some funny ass shit? If they didn't start Farve? haha I know they will but if they didn't i would Laugh my ass off.

Destiny's End

Yes, Football is Back!

Tennessee at Pittsburgh - This game has so much hype heading into it. It should be a strong defensive struggle.
You know The Titans are gonna run the ball when got people like Chris Johnson and LenDale Whit in the backfield. The Titans pass defense will test Pittsburgh. The Steelers I believe will pass alot cause The Titans pretty much will close any gaps to allow running. The Steelers are not gonna lose their season opener as the defending champs. Won't be easy, but it'll be a good game. Titans 17, Steelers 24.

Chicago at Green Bay - This has the potential to be THE game of the week. Aaron Rodgers and The Packers offense, Jay Cutler and The Bears, and how the defenses will play. I gonna call this right now. If Chicago can march in Green Bay in Green Bay, then they will win the division because Green Bay isn't gonna beat The Bears in Chicago. This one game may already decide the division. The Packers are gonna light up the passing game and with pretty much nobody to throw to, Cutler won't throw much, but he will throw effectively. The Bears have to run to set up the pass. It's hard to call this one. So, I'm gonna take Cutler and The Bears in this one. Bears 27, Packers 20.

Buffalo at New England - T.O. ain't played since The Hall of Fame game and Tom Brady is back. The Bills are not even gonna give them a fight. Lynch isn't even playing. The Bills are gonna be too out of sync and The Pats haven't lost a beat. Patriots 38, Bills 21.

That's it for now. I got classes still. I'll do the rest tomorrow.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I was 3 points off the score for last nights game....
It was pretty good. Neither team really got much going running wise, and their defenses looked good. Of course both teams secondary seemed to tire out as the game went on. Steelers losing (not going to try his name) one of their best players could have caused some of their faults. Big Ben was just amazing in the second half. I remember seeing this game just move side to side in the pocket, but never took his eyes off downfield. He was able to get it done without the run. Also Holmes had 9 catches 131 yards and a TD, and in the Super Bowl he had 9 catches 131 yards and a TD. Not a bad way to start your season.

Destiny's End

Damn, I shoulda stuck with my original score I had. 17-10 Steelers. Oh well. The Titans defense looked very impressive. Kerry Collins looked impressive. His passes were so crisp and sharp. He looked very good on 3rd Downs. I'll tell you who else caught my eye: the rookie Kenny Britt. He ran some great routes and put Tennessee in great field position. He's already lookin like a go-to-guy. He'll be quite a staple in The Titans offense for many years. Big Ben stunk up the joint in the 1st Quarter, but then he really got hot in the 2nd Half, and Santonio Holmes looks the #1 reciever now. The defenses looked great. Should be a great season for both teams. Be back tomorrow with my Sunday picks.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
I laughed when Holmes (Or was it Ward? I always get them confused) fumbled. Good game overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back