• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sports ► 2009-10 NFL Season

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Well, Favre is a great QB, without a question. But disregarding all of the drama he has caused, keeping his name in the media limelight, my biggest concern with this is his arm. I'm not sure if he will be able to handle a full season, plus the possibility of the playoffs. But if his arm is in solid shape, there is no doubt in my mind that they will be one of htose teams to beat come playoffs.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
The interesting thing to me about the Favre deal is the two years. I mean, will he want to 'retire' again after one year?

I see Vick as mainly a wildcat option, and obviously a backup, too.

Laine

Formely keyblayedwielder
kh1 In Destiny Islands trying to get to lv100 by b
I really don't think Vick will make an Impact on the Eagles. There not gunna start Vick over McNabb. Unless of course McNabb gets injured, Which is very likely.

The interesting thing to me about the Favre deal is the two years. I mean, will he want to 'retire' again after one year?

I see Vick as mainly a wildcat option, and obviously a backup, too.

yep plus vick is starting to learn the offense--and he hasnt played football in a while...so for right know he will be #2 quarterback...we will get to see him in preseason football though--and formations in like these^^^^

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
yep plus vick is starting to learn the offense--and he hasnt played football in a while...so for right know he will be #2 quarterback...we will get to see him in preseason football though--and formations in like these^^^^
Technically Vick won't be number 2 until maybe week 6. So if McNabb somehow gets hurt before that and one of the other backups show he is doing good, then we won't be seeing Vick in the starting role. I can almost see them using him as just a WR, RB, and QB at times.

TerraFTW!

Technically Vick won't be number 2 until maybe week 6. So if McNabb somehow gets hurt before that and one of the other backups show he is doing good, then we won't be seeing Vick in the starting role. I can almost see them using him as just a WR, RB, and QB at times.

This is what I can see. I can see him as a starting RB or WR and when McNabb gets injured (which no doubt he probably will) then they switch Vick over to QB and put the second string RB or WR on the field. I could actually see Vick as a Safety as well. The only problem I see in that is Practice, He would have to practice both positions which would tire him out pretty easily.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
For some reason I doubt that. Miami I can see at times setting up in Wild Cat only to audible to regular offense. Wild Cat won't be dead because so many teams will be using it, but defenses are just going to need to adapt on the fly since I can see alot more trickery getting sparked.

meh, I guess so.

My bad on the double post, but more new.
Farve Signs
I love Farve and think they guy is a great QB. But why does he do it now. I mean did the Vick thing make he think he wanted to play again to? I think it isn't a smart move overall by Minnesota cause you don't really know yet what you had in your other QBs let alone you don't know what you're getting from Farve. Farve has got to the point of annoyance with me.

IMO, if he wants to play, let him play. No harm against that, right?

Besides, only reason why Favre is back is cause he wants to spank Green Bay cause they wouldn't let him come back. That's been his plan for a while now. Now that he meets Green Bay twice a yer, it just gives him more of an edge. I'm not gonna pull an ESPN and dub then NFC Champions, but they can make some noise this season.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
So uh, Plaxico...
I was expecting more posts about Plaxico than this.

Am I the only one who does not expect to see Plaxico back in the NFL after his prison sentence? 2 years added on to his current age will make him 34 by the time that he will be able to play in the NFL again. That is relatively old for a wide receiver.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
starting RB or WR
I don't think he would be a starter while they have that core of players there. He will be just a big play guy that they bring in every 1 of 3 or 4plays. This is his first season back so they don't know how prepared he is yet.

Well Plax what can you really say? He was just stupid, but he will try the same card as Vick used about people deserving a second chance and get signed somewhere. 34 isn't to bad for a receiver, I think a receiver can last the longest out of most offensive players because they tend to get hit less with them going out of bounds and just dropping down before a hit. The only question is will he be able to come back as the same type of receiver or can you sign him for the price of a 3rd or 4th receiver price. In two years I don't think teams will look at him saying "he deserves number 1 receiver pay".

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
I love how Burress gets 2 yrs. in jail for hurting himself, yet Donte Stallworth gets 30 Days., 30 Days! in prison for killing a man while Driving under the influence. Plaxico had one wack attorney.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
The thing with Plaxico, Destiny's End, is that a lot more people could have been hurt. He was illegally in possession of an unregistered gun and the safety to the gun was off. He endangered everyone who was in that club that night. Stallworth made a stupid move too, don't get me wrong, but when you tihnk about it, Plaxico got the prison sentence he deserved. I am not saying that Stallworth shouldn't be in prison for longer than 30 days, as DUI is just retarded.

And blink, I still don't think that at age 34 he will get as much of a break in the NFL as Vick did. If Plaxico were to continue his career, I would just bet on him entering the CFL or AFL if anything.

C

Crazium

Ok so I've always been a hardcore Vikings fan.

So hardcore that I will quit liking them until that scoundrel Favre is off of their team.

I need help picking my new team, I've widdled it down to:
Panthers
Ravens
Bills
Browns

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I would go with the Ravens. Joe Flacco is a great young quarterback, and the Ravens have an amazing defense. Don't go for the Bills though, I hate Terrell Owens, but it's your choice.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Ok so I've always been a hardcore Vikings fan.

So hardcore that I will quit liking them until that scoundrel Favre is off of their team.
I will say grow up. If you quit liking your favorite team cause they maybe better themselves overall then wow. Might as well just stop watching football.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
So nothing great from Vick, but you did see his arm is still there but the speed might need some more time. I think if they really want to see how effective Vick is going to be, but want McNabb as their QB they are going to need to teach him some WR routes. Though I still stand that the Eagles might not have been the best place for Vick.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
Saw the Saints pre-season game on Saturday. 45-7 win over the Raiders. I think my team is ready for the season to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back