• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Osaka Team Recruiting for Technical Artist & Network Programmer for Kingdom Hearts 3!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It was discovered last night that Square Enix is searching for a new User Interface Designer to work on Kingdom Hearts III. Today, Square Enix's Osaka Branch has listed another job opening for a Technical Artist for Kingdom Hearts III who would be responsible for creating high quality interface graphics, field effects (e.g. water, rain, snow) and special effects with the game engine's shader.

A technical artist would also need to be familiar with developing art assets for games, working with shader development processes, be confident in serving as the bridge between the graphics designers and programmers, be able to ensure that any art assets can be easily integrated into the game without losing the artistic vision behind it or exceed the game platform's technical limitations and, above all, would need to have a passion for developing video games.

The role of a technical artist is fairly new in game development and is not an easy one to fill, but they are highly important as gaming technology continues to advance. With Kingdom Hearts III being the first game in the series developed specifically for HD consoles, a technical artist would especially be an important person to have working on the title.

Along with a Technical Artist, the Osaka Branch is also looking for a Network Game Programmer for an unspecified online multiplayer game. The job listing itself does not make any mention of Kingdom Hearts III but since we know the Osaka Branch is mainly concentrated on developing Kingdom Hearts titles, it is possible that this person may be responsible for creating a multiplayer mode for Kingdom Hearts III. Or maybe they are working on another completely unrelated title?

Any person looking to apply for the role of a network game programmer must be familiar with console development, have a deep understanding of network programming, and practical experience working on online game development. 

With all of these new listings coming from the Osaka Branch, it makes one wonder just how far along Kingdom Hearts III's development is. Do you think we are far along or still in early development? And what could the network game programmer job listing be referring to? Let us know what you think on our forums!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Osaka Team Recruiting for Technical Artist & Network Programmer for Kingdom Hearts 3 !

THIS WAS NOT UP WITH THE JOB LISTING LAST NIGHT

Osaka Team, what are you up to?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Oh good! More new blood! Field effects are another aspect of the KH games that deserve to be upped, among other things. All good things, it seems!

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
-wonders what they need a network game programmer for-

There are some interesting things happening with the Osaka team right now, that's for sure.

I shall keeping my eyes and ears pealed for more info on what's to come:)

Also, the talk of water, rain, and snow effects makes me really, really happy:)

And here's hoping that the Technical Artist can make things flow beautifully, alongside the Kingdom Shader=D

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Speaking of rain, has there ever been a KH world that had rain or snow happening during the gameplay? I can't remember right now.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Speaking of rain, has there ever been a KH world that had rain or snow happening during the gameplay? I can't remember right now.

It was raining in The World That Never Was in KH2 if I remember correctly.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
Nope. Not that I can recall, anyway (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Definitely not snow--since there's only snow in The Land of Dragons and it definitely didn't snow there--but not rain, either, since I don't remember rain in TWTNW or anything like that.

So for that very reason, all this talk is so exciting, imo. III's the first time in the series that we'll see the elements during gameplay, probably. Eep!

Edit: @Sign I know there was rain in the TWTNW cutscenes, but I don't think there was in gameplay? (I'm probably wrong... I should go check.)

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
More new people...is there a conspiracy here?!

OK, in all seriousness, this is definitely interesting. I kind of wonder if Disney may have had a hand in this to help speed the process along.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
First game since KH: Chain of Memories GBA not heavily relying on asset reuse. It makes sense that making all that shit is more of a process now. People trying to compare old development cycle times usually don't account for that.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
If frozen get's added they better make it snow.

Better if they can make a blizzard like in the movie,for original worlds any type of weather would be great,like raining for radiant garden l feel would be great.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
Ninja'd by kuraudoVII LOL. So I'm just going to say Dead Man's Chest (they could put the Kingdom Shader to good use there), Enchanted (I think, and that would also put the KS to good use), and A Bug's Life. I'm pretty sure there was rain in A Bug's Life...

Also... does the snow comment pretty much confirm Frozen in KHIII? (Not that it wasn't all ready pretty much confirmed, what with all of Tai Yasue's comments from before.)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Also, you can assume that 'KINGDOM SHADER' is more of a buzzword than anything else. They have a new lighting engine. It isn't magic. They still have to work it like any modern game works a lighting engine. It's more or less a title saying 'We understand our artstyle can cause a dissonance when visiting locations and we're trying to fix it through texture and lighting'.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
That's actually really helpful to know. Seriously. Thanks a bunch for the info, LaunchpadMcQuack. I really appreciate it:)

Also... there was rain in Gargoyles, right? -she asks way too hopefully, heedless of the knowledge that her hopes are going to be crushed into a million tiny pieces before her very eyes--

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Ninja'd by kuraudoVII LOL. So I'm just going to say Dead Man's Chest (they could put the Kingdom Shader to good use there), Enchanted (I think, and that would also put the KS to good use), and A Bug's Life. I'm pretty sure there was rain in A Bug's Life...

Also... does the snow comment pretty much confirm Frozen in KHIII? (Not that it wasn't all ready pretty much confirmed, what with all of Tai Yasue's comments from before.)

It might confirm Frozen, but they could also be trolling us with Mulan II...

Sdog

Awards
While it's not the biggest news, it's something and I'll take it! Hopefully whoever they bring on is the man/woman for the job to make this title all the better. And I wonder if they do need a network programmer for something multiplayer oriented =o.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back