• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

20 KH Mysteries Solved! Sort of.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
It's clear that all the other plot points are just red herrings to throw you off the trail of the TRUE IMPORTANCE of Scrooge and his ice cream. The final boss of the series will be a gigantic seasalt ice cream making machine that throws cones at your head, I'm calling it now. It will be an epic battle to end all battles.

fantasy08

Q18: Why was Pete put in prison?
A: It was a punishment for stepping on the hearts of others.

In KHII Pete tells us he was saved from prison by Maleficent. The reason he was put there was because during the Dream Festival he said things that showed he cared little for the hearts of others.

Q19: Why did Merlin have Winnie the Pooh’s book?
A: Terra picked it up and gave it to him.

In KH he tells us that it’s not really his book, it had just been in his bag. In BbS we see that it had fallen there as if drawn to him, and Terra had picked it up and given it to him.

Q20: Why was Scrooge so interested in ice cream?
A: He’s always been interested in ice cream.

In Ventus’ scenario we find out that the ice cream machine that Huey and the boys were using was original Scrooges machine. As he has always been interesting in making ice cream, that is why he was so interested in it in KHII.

Okay w.t.f. was up with some of these interview questions?! As a journalist this offends me lol. Any interviewer worth their degree would not be asking stupid, unimportant, crap like this. To be honest all the so called answers either just confirmed(or retconned) what we were already thinking or obvious. It really told us nothing new. Anyway, thank-you lissar. Always appreciate what you do.

Edit- About the LS- See Grass I told you it wasn't a nobody or any more of nomura's bs. The man can't be that ridiculous. Let's hope what I said about certain people possibly coming back is true to lol.

Avens

The mystery of the ice cream is solved!!!
Thank you, Lissar!

--Also, lolwat? When was Zexion ever polite towards Vexen?

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
It isn't technically an interview, as we see nothing directly said from an interviewer/Nomura. It is more like a FAQ. It is possible that Nomura wrote out the whole thing himself, or at least suggested which questions should be answered. I don't think there was an interviewer thinking about questions for Nomura to answer.

It doesn't stop the ice cream thing from being stupid, but I think you only have Nomura himself to blame for that.

@ Avens - Maybe he isn't in English? In Japanese he speaks very politely to him.

A

Azrael

Explanations are as predictable as pointless.

I'm swearing off the series.

Burberry

Okay w.t.f. was up with some of these interview questions?! As a journalist this offends me lol. Any interviewer worth their degree would not be asking stupid, unimportant, crap like this. To be honest all the so called answers either just confirmed(or retconned) what we were already thinking or obvious. It really told us nothing new. Anyway, thank-you lissar. Always appreciate what you do.

Edit- About the LS- See Grass I told you it wasn't a nobody or any more of nomura's bs. The man can't be that ridiculous. Let's hope what I said about certain people possibly coming back is true to lol.

I have to agree, the game told us every single one of these answers. The only thing it didn't do was go indepth about them, such as the lingering sentiment and what parts of Xehanort are where. However, this article didn't even help with those answers either. They could have used the space in the Ultimania for much more useful things. Also, isn't there 3 new interviews in the book. How many are still untranslated? I still feel like there are a lot of questions that haven't been answered.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
It's clear that all the other plot points are just red herrings to throw you off the trail of the TRUE IMPORTANCE of Scrooge and his ice cream. The final boss of the series will be a gigantic seasalt ice cream making machine that throws cones at your head, I'm calling it now. It will be an epic battle to end all battles.

That would be so awesome! xD

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Holy cow, I think I could actualy imagine that happening! s1eyeballs

Avens

Maybe he isn't in English? In Japanese he speaks very politely to him.

Nah, in English it's pretty clear that he puts up with Vexen only because they have to work together. Or at least that's how I read it. It's tone more than anything else.
Example:

Zexion: Nice to see you too, Vexen. [This is meant sarcastically, since Vexen just popped in and started yelling at him. He quips like that with Roxas during the Days tutorial too, which is absent from the Japanese.] You know, it's deplorable... The
Organization used to be the rope that binds us. And now it's full of
kinks.

Vexen: How dare you!

Lexaeus: Let it go, Vexen. Zexion, tell us. What did you detect?

Zexion: Visitors. I picked up two scents in the castle's lowest basement. One
of them was Maleficent, but —

Vexen: Absurd. The witch is gone. She cannot return from the realm of darkness
of her own volition.

Zexion: If you'd let me finish... The scent belonged to a very convincing
double. But I can't say much beyond that, since the would-be Maleficent
is no more. Our other visitor saw to that.

And in Japanese, he's polite even in the FM+ scene?Vexen: Zexion! Zexion!
Zexion: What’s all the fuss about?
Vexen: Where’s Xemnas?
Zexion: At the usual place.
Vexen: The “Room of Sleep”?
Zexion: If it’s urgent, why don’t you go and see?

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
Well, politeness in Japanese is less about sentiment and more about word choice. The words he uses are very polite sounding, though this does not necessarily mean that he actually likes Vexen. Sort of like how you might be polite to your boss. You're polite to your boss because you have to, not because you actually like your boss. But I don't remember the exact wording of their conversation in Japanese, so I can't give specific examples of this.

codemaster

Awards
Thanks for the translations! I can now bother my friend saying I understand the KH universe better than him because he is avoiding spoilers.

Avens

So not what you say so much as how you say it. Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And in Japanese, he's polite even in the FM+ scene?Vexen: Zexion! Zexion!
Zexion: What’s all the fuss about?
Vexen: Where’s Xemnas?
Zexion: At the usual place.
Vexen: The “Room of Sleep”?
Zexion: If it’s urgent, why don’t you go and see?

He's very polite in the FM+ scene. I remember scratching my head over how to make him sound both irritated and polite when I was translating it in the novels. I went and watched the vid someone subbed, and I didn't really like how they did it... but I think I failed in my version anyway XD;

MeggieKeyblader

I hate Nomura so much.
Retcon after retcon after retcon.

Seriously, wtf. I really thought that all those Xigbar quotes referred to Roxas, not Ventus... was it really necessary to have it refer to Ventus instead? So gay...

Q12: Why is Xemnas searching for The Chamber of Awakening?
A: To find Ventus.

The Chamber of Awakening is the room where Aqua leaves Ventus sleeping in Last Episode, and is a part of Castle Oblivion. As you can see from Xemnas calling Aqua’s armor “friend”, it seems Xemnas has Terra’s memories and so is searching for Ventus, and is making the other Organization members look for The Chamber of Awakening.

Hm, so Xemnas still has both Terra AND MX's memories. Now we finally know that Xemnas wasn't sarcastic when he called Aqua's armor friend, and the Terra part of Xemnas was looking for Ventus, not the MX part. Interesting. I started to think that the MX part of Xemnas was looking for Ventus to remake the X-Blade again or something.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Seriously, wtf. I really thought that all those Xigbar quotes referred to Roxas, not Ventus... was it really necessary to have it refer to Ventus instead? So gay...

They were referring to Roxas. Because when KH2 came out [2006], Nomura didn't even know what Ven looked like. He hadn't drawn their faces until 2007. There's no way that he was referring to Ven in 2006. Which is why it's a retcon.

MeggieKeyblader

They were referring to Roxas. Because when KH2 came out [2006], Nomura didn't even know what Ven looked like. He hadn't drawn their faces until 2007. There's no way that he was referring to Ven in 2006. Which is why it's a retcon.

Yeah. I got really pissed when I read that part. -_______-

Braig was involved with Xehanort's plans, but as you can see they have some sort unknown promise between them.

Awesome, at least there's one mystery left involving Xehanort and Braig and stuff to look forward to...

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
He's very polite in the FM+ scene. I remember scratching my head over how to make him sound both irritated and polite when I was translating it in the novels. I went and watched the vid someone subbed, and I didn't really like how they did it... but I think I failed in my version anyway XD;

Yeah, it can be really hard to put that sort of thing into English... or even describe it to people who don't speak Japanese! Hahaha. It's like, you can be politely rude? Really? Yes.

I thought I'd stick this here. It's a list of some of the current mysteries will be faced with in future games. It shows that even these "solved" mysteries aren't really as solved as they might appear. Uh... some of it seems to contradict itself, but whatever let's just go with it.

Continuing mysteries
--------------------------

(?) Did Apprentice Xehanort really lose his memories?

Master Xehanort commandeered Terra’s body, and became Ansem the Wise’s apprentice. According to Secret Ansem Report 1 From KHII, the young man asked to become a test subject for Ansem’s research so he could get his memories back, After that they began the study of darkness, but did he really lose his memories? And are those memories Terra’s or Master Xehanort’s?

[picture: Xehanort and Braig]
As seen here, Braig thought that his memory loss was nothing but an act.

(?) Where is Master Xehanort’s keyblade?

As was stated in Secret Ansem Report 13 in KHII, while studying darkness the young Xehanort opened the door to the heart of Radiant Garden. This would have been possible if he had a keyblade, but according to the Ansem Reports 4-8 in KH, he did not yet know about the keyblade at the time. In Last Episode Master Xehanort used his keyblade up until going to the world of darkness, but what happened to it after that...?

[picture: Terranort sticking himself in the chest with a keyblade]

In Last Episode Terra-Xehanort stabbed himself in the chest with his keyblade, but afterward that keyblade has disappeared.

(?) What are the “seeds” that Xehanort has planted?

In the secret event, Master Xehanort tells Terra that he has already laid many plans, and that the seeds have been sown. Telling Braig and Maleficent about the “Kingdom Hearts” was one part of his plans, but what other plans have Braig and Master Xehanort laid? What other measures have been taken?

[picture: Master Xehanort and Braig]

If pushing Maleficent into trying to take over the world was one of his “seeds”, then what things has he been saying to Braig?

(?) What are the details of Ansem’s apprentices fall into darkness?

Most of what had happened with Ansem’s apprentices before their fall into darkness is unknown, aside from what was touched upon in Secret Ansem Reports. And the mystery of “the plan that was decided on after Axel and Saix entered the Organization” that was talked about in the Secret Reports in Days still remains. According to Nomura there is still much about the Organization’s humans that has yet to be said.

[picture: Dilan and Eleaus guarding the castle door]

During BbS the apprentices seem like kind people, so was it Xehanort’s influence that led them into the darkness?

(?) What happened to his heart and memories after separation?

One year after BbS, Apprentice Xehanort was separated into his Heartless (Ansem Seeker of Darkness) and his Nobody (Xemnas). The former took actions that were more like Master Xehanort, while the latter has said things that seem more like Terra, so how were Terra and Master Xehanort’s hearts and wills separated, and what sort of influences do they have over each?

[picture: Organization member (don’t remember who said this, Xigbar?)]

It is also a mystery that he would know about the room where Ventus sleeps, which should only be known to Aqua.

(?) Did they meet in the realm of darkness?

In the secret event we see Aqua and Ansem the Wise talking in the realm of darkness after the events of KHII. Over one year before Mickey traveled to the realm of darkness to search for the keyblade, but during that time did they really not see each other? If they did, then how does that relate to the story afterward?

[picture: Aqua in the realm of darkness]

Aqua wanders through the realm of darkness, holding Eraqus’ keyblade.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
so aqua may have seen
the king
in the dark realm

mickey is evil for letting her there
heheh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back