• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2.8 - Predict the release date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Say it with me: NOTHING IS GETTING PUSHED IF IT DOESN'T HAVE A RELEASE DATE TO BEGIN WITH.
Way to harp on only one word in a post. You did realize everything in the sentence with that word was speculation only??? If it was unclear (it wasn't). So, no, we don't have a release date and I never said we did. But I honestly won't swallow it's "unfinished" by the time 2017 ends, whatever they or anyone else wants to say--that was my point.

hlc1988

Awards
Ironically, after making this thread I found an article where it stated that the game would be out in Japan in April 2016. But I can't find that article now. If that is true considering there was a two month gap between Japan getting 2.5 and the rest of the world then we should get it in June...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ironically, after making this thread I found an article where it stated that the game would be out in Japan in April 2016. But I can't find that article now. If that is true considering there was a two month gap between Japan getting 2.5 and the rest of the world then we should get it in June...

There is no confirmed release date for 2.8

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Way to harp on only one word in a post. You did realize everything in the sentence with that word was speculation only??? If it was unclear (it wasn't). So, no, we don't have a release date and I never said we did. But I honestly won't swallow it's "unfinished" by the time 2017 ends, whatever they or anyone else wants to say--that was my point.

Clearly I wasn't the only one who took what you said the way I did, but since I'm the only one you snapped at: my post wasn't directed so much at you as the spiral of WAIT IS IT GETTING DELAYED WHEN IS IT COMING that would have happened with newer posters.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Worldwide 2016 Summer release. Something to satisfy Kingdom Hearts fans before Kingdom Hearts 3 make its reign of fun.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'll say either March or April worldwide release. With the new stuff from Back Cover and 0.2 they really should do a worldwide release. People won't want to wait and they sure as hell won't want to be accidentally spoiled.

But...Persona 5...
And Zero Escape 3...

sora x kairi

The UK will mostly be the last place to get the KH game i am betting because it would take a while for it to come over tbh but i am not sure it could be any month or date and there is no real way of having a date to it without fully knowing off SE so its kinda hard to think of a release date tbh but i am sure Square will release its day of release world wide to every country when they have the game rapped up and ready :)

hlc1988

Awards
The UK will mostly be the last place to get the KH game i am betting because it would take a while for it to come over tbh but i am not sure it could be any month or date and there is no real way of having a date to it without fully knowing off SE so its kinda hard to think of a release date tbh but i am sure Square will release its day of release world wide to every country when they have the game rapped up and ready :)

2.5 release schedule:

October 2nd 2014 - Japan
December 2nd 2014 - US
December 4th 2014 - Australia
December 5th 2014 - UK.

Not much of a gap. 2 months between Japan and the rest of the world - that's not bad. 1.5 had a much larger gap between releases. I think this points to the fact that 2.8 may have an even closer release date between countries :)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Both ReMIXs released in the West around a year after their initial announcement. With 1.5, it was announced in September, and came out the following September. With 2.5, it was announced in October, and came out the following December. So, I'm going to go with September 2016 at the very earliest for 2.8's release.

DDD HD shouldn't take them too long, but seeing how it seems pretty evident by that stained glass Station of Awakening that Chi Back Cover will also be rendered in the Kingdom Shader, that's two out of 3 titles using the shader. And that's going to take a lot longer, particularly 0.2. So, I'd be happy with a September release, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a repeat of 2.5 and get it in December.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think people need to also factor FFXV into this. We know the release date will be announced in March, which means it's coming out between Summer-Winter 2016.

SE isn't going to let FFXV and KH 2.8 come out too close to each other.

I'd say that they'd also avoid stepping on DQ11's toes but that game is a bit harder to predict in terms of release dates and whatnot, but considering it is a juggernaut in Japan, it'll certainly play some role in release date planning.

Just a few things to consider when thinking of 2.8's release date.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I think people need to also factor FFXV into this. We know the release date will be announced in March, which means it's coming out between Summer-Winter 2016.

SE isn't going to let FFXV and KH 2.8 come out too close to each other.

I'd say that they'd also avoid stepping on DQ11's toes but that game is a bit harder to predict in terms of release dates and whatnot, but considering it is a juggernaut in Japan, it'll certainly play some role in release date planning.

Just a few things to consider when thinking of 2.8's release date.
then it very much possible this will be out before ffxv then right? plus we have to keep in mind 2.8 has been work on since 10 months so it very possible the ground work of is done so march is not bad release date for it or maybe arond e3 2016 next year

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
FFXV seems likely for summer of 2016, to me. As far as I'm aware, there aren't any really big AAA titles coming out in the summer of next year, or at least release dates haven't been given to them yet. Only decently well-known one is the new Ratchet & Clank. So, FFXV has plenty of room to shine in the summer. Therefore, it seems more likely that 2.8 will release in Q3/4 of 2016.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
summer 2016 i think bad for ffxv since persona 5 surpsose come out that season

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Isn't Persona 5 more of a Japan phenomena, though? I know it's popular, but is it popular everywhere or mainly Japan? Kinda like Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest. Fans all over, but main interest is in the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back