• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2.8 Name?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeto

Awards
This has probably been discussed before, but where in the world did 2.8's name come from? o_O

And I already Final Chapter Prolouge is referring to kh3 and stuff yeah

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
'Final Chapter Prologue'
It's the final 'prologue' to KH3. I think all three entries in the game can be considered prologues to KH3

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Ah the 2.8. There's some math involved. I know that adding 0.2 onto it equals "3". So I guess if it made sense monetarily, BbS 0.2 would literally be on its own disk and DDD/Backcover would be on the other, alllll adding up to "3". That's what I understand anyway

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Wasn't it
"Kh 3D is actually KH 2.6 (set after 2.5), + 0 from Back Cover (cause that's chronologically the first entry in the series) + 0.2 because A Fragmentary Passage plays right after BBS which plays next after Back Cover (so BBS is 0.1) and all of that equals 2.8"?
So 2.6+0+0.2=2.8.

Awards
Wasn't it
"Kh 3D is actually KH 2.6 (set after 2.5), + 0 from Back Cover (cause that's chronologically the first entry in the series) + 0.2 because A Fragmentary Passage plays right after BBS which plays next after Back Cover (so BBS is 0.1) and all of that equals 2.8"?
So 2.6+0+0.2=2.8.
Yep. That's how Nomura said it. I wanna learn Nomura Math. It sounds more fun than regular math.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I see it this way:
2.5 is the half-way to KH3.
DDD HD, 0.2 and Back Cover could each account to a 0.1 of the way to 3, meaning:
+ (0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1)

Sally-boiii

Awards
It's very easy. Just smoke something before doing interviews and writing scenarios.
Or you could just be perpetually high. I think that's how Nomura is, to help himself make sense of the KH story line that he more or less jacked up himself.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
"When Square Enix announced Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue earlier this month, some fans might have wondered what exactly the number "2.8" meant in the title. Now, director Tetsuya Nomura has explained the reasoning behind the bizarre name--and his answer itself is tough to comprehend.

In an interview with Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu (translated by Kotaku and NovaCrystallis), Nomura said that because the games in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix are set before Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, that game is actually "2.6" in the overall franchise.

"Since Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover/Kingdom Hearts Unchained is supposed to be the first game in the mainline series, that is being represented as '0' in the collection," NovaCrystallis reports. "And lastly, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is '0.1' and that then leads into Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep."

Thus, the 2.8 number comes from 2.6 plus 0 plus 0.2."
qbwsctX.png

Theta

Where is that 2.8= 2.6+0+0.2 from? Not only is that stupid math (because with this reasoning 1.5=1+#(358/2 Days)+#(CoM) > 2, since #(CoM)>1) but I'm pretty sure that Nomura said BBS is KH0.

Hirokey123

Awards
Where is that 2.8= 2.6+0+0.2 from? Not only is that stupid math (because with this reasoning 1.5=1+#(358/2 Days)+#(CoM) > 2, since #(CoM)>1) but I'm pretty sure that Nomura said BBS is KH0.

It's just one of Nomura's many interviews, that's a direct copy and paste. He said BBS was KH0 in spirit, because it was important and because it was set before KH1. At the time he didn't plan to create Chi, he wanted to tell the story of the keyblade war but was still working out the details. Eventually Chi immerged and he realized with the way the numbering system was that Chi would either need to be named 0 or go into the negatives which just be silly.

You can actually get a feel for when this shift happened because when BBSFM came around we got a new secret ending video "Zero Point" and it does 0 when showing BBS, 1 when showing KH1, and then touches on 0.5 when tapping into BBSV2. So during that time BBS was still unofficially KH0.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's just one of Nomura's many interviews, that's a direct copy and paste. He said BBS was KH0 in spirit, because it was important and because it was set before KH1. At the time he didn't plan to create Chi, he wanted to tell the story of the keyblade war but was still working out the details. Eventually Chi immerged and he realized with the way the numbering system was that Chi would either need to be named 0 or go into the negatives which just be silly.

You can actually get a feel for when this shift happened because when BBSFM came around we got a new secret ending video "Zero Point" and it does 0 when showing BBS, 1 when showing KH1, and then touches on 0.5 when tapping into BBSV2. So during that time BBS was still unofficially KH0.

Exactly, Nomura also once said the story won't go farther into the past than BBS and look where we're standing now...<__<.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I really feel as though 2.8 could have been dropped and they could have stuck with "Final Chapter Prologue". I understand the math behind it but I honestly feel as though the convalutedness of the title may damage potential sales.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I like it.
Why would the (non-existed) "convoluted-ness of the title" damage potential sales? I don't get the logic behind that.

Awards
I like it.
Why would the (non-existed) "convoluted-ness of the title" damage potential sales? I don't get the logic behind that.
Ya know what I don't get the logic behind? People thinking KH1 and KH2 are in a game called "2.8 Final Chapter Prologue."

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I really feel as though 2.8 could have been dropped and they could have stuck with "Final Chapter Prologue". I understand the math behind it but I honestly feel as though the convalutedness of the title may damage potential sales.

I also like the 2.8. The game follows the same format of the previous two collections in that it includes two games and a movie, and one of the games on it is a remake of a past title. The keeping of the numbering system makes more than enough sense as it is not a completely new, standalone game that's being sold on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back