• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2.5 Expectations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

thekeyprotector

Hey, guys! I'm really excited for the new 2.5 to come out later this year. has there been any given release date as to when it comes out? they said recording had ended so do you think it might come out in fall or winter? what do you think the box art will look like?

Antar

Awards
I myself, am very excited for Kh 2.5 since BBS and KH2 are my favorites. Though I don't know the exact day or month it will come out, it is definitely going to be this year, 3rd or 4th quarter. Most likely 3rd I assume. Hope I could help.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
We're four months into the year, and they have been silent regarding 2.5. I'm just hoping that it's not a truly bad sign, considering they were quite generous with gameplay trailers and screenshots last year when promoting 1.5. I'm personally looking at late Q2 for the Japanese release and late Q3 or early Q4 for the English one. Either that, or both in Q3.

Yeah, I do think (or more like I want to believe) that it's somewhat likely that will not be a long six-month gap between the release of the two versions.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
We're four months into the year, and they have been silent regarding 2.5. I'm just hoping that it's not a truly bad sign, considering they were quite generous with gameplay trailers and screenshots last year when promoting 1.5. I'm personally looking at late Q2 for the Japanese release and late Q3 or early Q4 for the English one. Either that, or both in Q3.

Yeah, I do think (or more like I want to believe) that it's somewhat likely that will not be a long six-month gap between the release of the two versions.

Seems reasonable. The gap inbetween the Japanese and English releases were more due to them wanting to release the game on the same day that the first game was released in those regions (i.e.: why America got it on a Tuesday in September while Japan got it earlier).

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

I'd say there's a period of silence that runs through the games industry from mid-February to E3, and I don't think I need to say that it's E3's fault... sometimes even for Japanese products! Though I don't understand why. Hopefully we'll hear something there.

s2daam

Well apparently news is set to come out soon, so it might not be that long off.

Having not played BBS due to not having a PSP, I'm definitely excited for this release! BBS always looked like the best game bar the main two for me!

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Hey, guys! I'm really excited for the new 2.5 to come out later this year. has there been any given release date as to when it comes out? they said recording had ended so do you think it might come out in fall or winter? what do you think the box art will look like?

There is no announced release date so far but you're definitely correct about it releasing this year. My guess is it'll release around the Fall just as 1.5 did. The artbook cover might either use the artwork of Sora in the KH2 menu or the KH2FM menu (with Roxas).

I wonder how Square Enix is planning to approach this release now since they did the survey a while back.

ok sunny

Awards
I don't expect much beside from having a great time! But I think this remix will probably be better than 1.5 in my opinion, considering that BBS is now on the "Big Screen". Beside gameplay, I'm sure they'll announce a small pre-ordering gift with the purchase. I wouldn't mind if it's something similar to 1.5's art book (which I love very much).
About the release, I honestly feel like it will come out this coming fall too, around the same time as my birthday again. So that'd be another great gift this year!

TVA1994

I could be wrong, but even at this time last year for the american version of 1.5 we heard when 1.5 was coming to america so considering were not hearing it yet im guessing maybe they planned on september or in Q3 but something maybe is pushing them to maybe releasing it to Q4. The sooner the better of course but im going to guess november-december for the holidays. I could be wrong and they r just waiting till E3 or whatever the next big event is but I would think we'd have a release date by now.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
However, by this time last year, the Japanese version had hit the shelves and made some money. And if I remember correctly, they had also announced when the localised version would be released, which was why we knew that there would be a six-month wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back