• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Vol. 4-5 & Kingdom Hearts II Vol. 3 Manga Release Dates!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hopefully you all have caught up on your Kingdom Hearts manga backlog because the next batch of them will be on their way to a bookstore near you in the next few months! Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Volume 4 will finally release in the United States on October 28th 2014 & Volume 5 will release January 20th 2015. Kingdom Hearts II Volume 3 Omnibus which combines volumes 6 + 7 of original Japanese print will release on December 16th 2014, two weeks after Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- releases on the PlayStation 3 in North America and Europe.

Thanks to Taochan for the tip!

Don't forget to pick up the previous volumes of the manga series & let Yen Press know you want to see the novels translated!

Follow us on TwitterFacebook, and Tumblr for all of the latest news on KINGDOM HEARTS 3 & Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-!

KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days Volume 4
Page Count: 208
Price: $12 USD
Release Date: October 28th 2014

Left alone to ponder the purpose of her existence and desperate for answers, Xion journeys alone to find out who–or what–she really is. But little do she, Roxas, and Axel know that her quest will lead to the close of one tale and the continuation of another…

Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | RightStuf

KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days Volume 5
Page Count: 240
Price: $12 USD
Release Date: January 20th 2015

With Xion back in the Organization, she and Roxas can finally work together again. But strangely, Roxas is getting weaker and weaker, while Xion is getting inexplicably stronger. Meanwhile, the leaders of Organization XIII decide that they only need one Keyblade bearer. What fate is in store for Roxas, Xion, and Axel in the conclusion to Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days?!

KINGDOM HEARTS II Volume 3 Omnibus
Page Count: 416
Price: $19 USD
Release Date: December 16th 2014

Combines volumes 6 + 7 of original Japanese print!

The Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee has discovered something that could help everyone in their quest to save the worlds: Ansem's computer. Sora and company join them at Hollow Bastion to see what they can find out, but they're in for a surprise when the computer pulls them inside of it!

Source: Yen Press

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas.

I really can't wait, reading the Days manga has been so enjoyable.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
(Please note you cannot order these volumes on Amazon so your best bet are the three sites I've linked to. Also RightStuf ships only when all items are in stock, so keep that in mind when ordering)

Book Depository <3 I will own them all <3

WanPisu

Awards
Old news but good nonetheless. I've been holding off my purchases of the 358/2-volumes, and might continue to do so, while waiting for the last ones to be released. Gotta read it all in one sitting :tongue:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
More Days manga! :) I just have to say that I was positively surprised how good both the KH2 and Days manga adaptions are. Amano is really funny and somehow he manages to make the story of KH2 flow smoothly. I was reading the huge volume two the other day, and I just wished some of the scenes which happen in the manga would have been in the game. Like the scene where Xigbar just shoots Shan-Yue. It would have made the Org XIII much more threatening and relative to the Disney worlds, but I suppose it would have never gotten passed censorship. :(

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
More Days manga! :) I just have to say that I was positively surprised how good both the KH2 and Days manga adaptions are. Amano is really funny and somehow he manages to make the story of KH2 flow smoothly. I was reading the huge volume two the other day, and I just wished some of the scenes which happen in the manga would have been in the game. Like the scene where Xigbar just shoots Shan-Yue. It would have made the Org XIII much more threatening and relative to the Disney worlds, but I suppose it would have never gotten passed censorship. :(

Oh, I doubt the censors would have been a problem. It should be expected that a guy with a laser gun would use it lol

A lot of what happened should have been in the game, yes ;~; I really like the part where Sora appears in the palace to smack Shan-Yu up and is pissed off because they made him miss Riku. Probably the best Sora moment in the entire manga series. I also like how it cut out a lot of the filler and fixed everything to be one, awesome visit.

Honestly, Shiro Amano should be on the creative team for Kingdom Hearts because he has good ideas and great humor. (Of course I'd worry for him since he IS a manga artist and they never really EVER rest.)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Honestly, Shiro Amano should be on the creative team for Kingdom Hearts because he has good ideas and great humor.

That thought also crossed my mind. Just think all the possibilities the could achieve! :D
About the censorship, do you think Nomura would achieve a better storytelling if he would be given more freedom about matters related to censorship?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Considering how different his sensibilities are in Final Fantasy, hard to tell.

I've only even read Days volume 3, and it was a blast. If they just injected that humor into the games, I would be happy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Considering how different his sensibilities are in Final Fantasy, hard to tell.

I've only even read Days volume 3, and it was a blast. If they just injected that humor into the games, I would be happy.

Final Fantasy? Shiro Amano has never worked on Final Fantasy unless you are thinking about Yoshitaka Amano who has only ever done concept work for FF.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm so happy we have solid dates now. :3

WanPisu

Awards
Final Fantasy? Shiro Amano has never worked on Final Fantasy unless you are thinking about Yoshitaka Amano who has only ever done concept work for FF.

I believe he was referring to this: "About the censorship, do you think Nomura would achieve a better storytelling if he would be given more freedom about matters related to censorship?"

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Everytime I see a new thread I just realize how behind I am -__- I don't have any of 358/2 Days yet...MUST...GET...BEFORE...THEY...STOP...PRINTING THEM!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back