• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

antiformkeyblade

never betray. never.
has anyone read this book? im reading it for my English class.

if you've read it tell me what you think of it. cause i dont know what to think about it.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
All I can say is Julia's a whore, but you'll get to that part later.

It's a great book, and although slow and confusing it's very good.

Last edited:

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
I thought 1984 was a very chilling read. I tried imagining reading it before the year 1984 ever happened... and it actually became much more interesting. Not that it wasn't very interesting to begin with. Orwell does a great job of predicting the future from the current path the world was set upon. It doesn't bode well that some things have actually occured... just not as out-and-out as they appear in the book.

Overall though, very good read. First 100 or so pages might be a bit dry though.

mental_mentos

Website
www.fanfiction.net
We had to read 1984 over this past summer. It was okay. Not the type of book I would pick off of a shelf and I definitely liked it better than A Brave New World (very similar but... kind of creepy and more dirty). Usually when I read a book like 1984 I read the whole thing but only look at the plot, if that makes any sense at all. So if you are struggling just focus on the plot more than the details even though that would probably not help you with the test but that's what Sparknotes are for!! Good luck!

Sunset Horizons

Website
www.drunkmonkeyproductions.net
1984 is an amazing book. I have Brave New World, but haven't started to read it yet :(.

I prefer this over Animal Farm, but both are great books. 1984 has more of a plot, and the characters are better, but Animal Farm is definitely funnier. That's the way it was meant to be, though.

Firecomet

Website
www.facebook.com
I read 1984 a couple years ago,just thought it would be an interesting book. and it was,one of the best books iv ever read. If you have the time and good reading skills then i highly recommend it. The whole Big Brother ideal was great for its time. too bad the movie wasnt as good.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I finished this yesterday. Ends on a rather depressing note, but still great.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
I'm pretty sure I'm reading this book sometime soon. Animal Farm wasn't too bad, pretty interesting. I hope this one is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back