• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The World Ends With You Preview Night Recap

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

On August 7th, Square Enix held the The World Ends With You Preview Night event at their Artnia store and cafe in Shinjuku. Fans who applied for exclusive invitations on Twitter were able to watch a complete recording of the next episode of mdRadio featuring Tetsuya Nomura, Tatsuya Kando and Ichiro Hazama, as well as purchase a plethora of new merchandise and sample special TWEWY-themed menu options.

Upon arrival, attendees were immediately greeted with displays of artwork from the spin-off social game, The World Ends With You: Live Remix, as well as original concept art of the main cast, among which was also the unnamed mystery girl from the teaser in the iOS remake. Tetsuya Nomura had also drawn a brand new sketch of Neku Sakuraba on the morning of the event as a surprise for the guests. Asides from that, they could also see firsthand the new Variant Play Art Kai Batman shown off at the San Diego Comic Con, designed by Nomura himself!

Guests were then able to watch the recording of the next episode of mdRadio. However, they were asked to refrain from revealing any information from the session until after the episode has been released. 

To wrap things up, attendees were able to participate in an autograph session with Nomura, Kando, Hazama and Matsuzuka (with a surprise appearance by Shinji Hashimoto)! Because these events are a rarity, it was a precious opportunity for Japanese fans. They could also sample new food items that will be available during the TWEWY campaign at Artnia, such as Twister Beer, Twister Pasta, Twister Soda, and much more! Of course, the curious Nomutetsu Special will also be available, featuring dishes that Nomura enjoys and eats regularly, though he doubts that they will be very popular.

Famitsu has taken a bunch of photos of the event and gotten some special messages from the staff in attendance, which you can view below!

In the preview event, gorgeous souvenirs were provided. “Nomutetsu fishery” tote bags, a T-shirt which shows an area in The World Ends with You, Shibuya’s Cat Street, featuring two cats owned by Nomura, and there were many numerous items that were not for sale featured for this day. They were very gorgeous!

Furthermore, Nomura has been signing autographs. For fans that visited, you could bring merchandise or goods purchased from ARTNIA and have them signed in their own unique way.

For the people who have appeared at the event, thank you for your comments!

Because Tetsu-san (Nomura) has been doing autographs for an overseas event, I felt that I would like to plan an event for Japan. To be able to interact and meet directly with customers is very interesting. You can talk with the creators while viewing the footage, concerts are carried out, and I believe ARTNIA will have a variety of events in the future.
(Mr. Matsuzuka)

People who have came to the event also have told Hashimoto, “please make a sequel” and would like titles from the The World Ends with You series in the future. For the remarks I’ve delivered to mdRADIO, I was left feeling uneasy (laughs) and the opportunity to meet face-to-face was interesting!
(Mr. Kando)

For events that involve Nomura, I felt like that I had to be involved in this opportunity and I was very excited about it. It’s not everyday where there are customers who are pumped up. But gradually I was put out by the atmosphere in the second half. Various times, portions of the mdRADIO have been cut out frequently. (laughs)
(Mr. Hazama)

Matsuzuka’s autograph session was in response to the overseas autograph session I went to. It is carried out throughout the nation and also serves as the recording for mdRADIO. People who have traveled from far away, you have my extended thanks. I felt guilty meeting you guys, I would like for you to enjoy it as much as possible since you went through all that trouble, I offered a new menu and souvenir goods. I’m happy if you enjoyed yourselves.
(Mr. Nomura)

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
So... this pretty much means no sequel was announced? That's kind of anti-climactic. Cool artwork though, and the picture of the egg on top of the noodles looks pretty tasty.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
So... this pretty much means no sequel was announced? That's kind of anti-climactic. Cool artwork though, and the picture of the egg on top of the noodles looks pretty tasty.

It kind of sounds that way, we're not sure what they talked about on the radio thing yet but...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In regards to the photo of the gacha-pon, does this mean I can`t get any of the original 12 anymore, or did they add the new ones with the old ones?

I think they added new ones...

Well...It's not like we know what happened during the hour of silence. Only the press and the people selected to attend know and none of them are going to talk.

Read what Kando said though: "People who have came to the event also have told Hashimoto, “please make a sequel” and would like titles from the The World Ends with You series in the future. For the remarks I’ve delivered to mdRADIO, I was left feeling uneasy (laughs) and the opportunity to meet face-to-face was interesting!"

His comments during mdRADIO likely relate to the fan desires, but his "uneasiness" doesn't inspire confidence for the response we all want. Somehow I envision an "haha so you see what had happened was" moment. We'll know when the episode is released!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
While no sequel was announced yet, the fact that they included art of Mystery Girl from Live Remix shows they are still acknowledging her and keeping her in circulation for people to see, so something is still up with her. The question really is just how much longer are we going to have to wait >_<

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While no sequel was announced yet, the fact that they included art of Mystery Girl from Live Remix shows they are still acknowledging her and keeping her in circulation for people to see, so something is still up with her. The question really is just how much longer are we going to have to wait >_<

Solo Remix. Not Live Remix. Live Remix was Coco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back