• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tai Yasue speaks about Kingdom Hearts III's Story!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

In the Japanese interview during Square Enix Presents, Series Co-Director Tai Yasue was asked about the Kingdom Hearts III teaser at the end of the Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- trailer.

Zephy has translated his response, and thanks to him, is available for you all.

- We heard little from KINGDOM HEARTS III and what was the purpose of recording those lines in the latest trailer?

Although the footage may change, KINGDOM HEARTS III will be about those words from the start of the game. It's a secret but as for whom is the person speaking, you may be able to pin down immediately from the figures seen.

- Has the story been finalized together yet?

I can't say for sure but a portion of it has been set in stone. When creating a KINGDOM HEARTS game, the storyline must usually be completely determined; how it will play and its system will be quickly developed simultaneously. New information is expected to be released soon as soon as we're ready. Please stay tuned!

What do you think this suggests? Will Kingdom Hearts III start off with Young Xehanort? Will we be seeing some more concrete news soon?

Kingdom Hearts Insider will be at E3 this year. You can tweet questions to us at KHInsider on Twitter or follow us on Tumblr & Facebook for all the latest E3 and Kingdom Hearts news. 

Source: Dengeki Online

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Tai Yasue speaks about Kingdom Hearts III's Story!

Sounds like either we start the game off following Young Xehanort and Eraqus (like how DDD followed Apprentice Xehanort), or more will be explained about "King Mickey and Riku search for previous Keyblade wielders". and how they're really looking for those 3 + this Lost Master.

Narxus

Hmm, this has potential to be interesting. Admittedly, this might turn out better than what I had in mind, mainly "Ok, let's run around world to world until every loose plot element is covered!" This might be a good way to tie it all together into one flowing narrative

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Sora and Xehanort multi-scenario. Just watch.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Good to know they have a good portion of the storyline done, and that they're working on everything else with it simultaneously.

Personally, ever since we heard this snippet, I thought it would be the beginning to III for some reason. It just seemed like it would be a good way to get into the mindset of it all.

And maybe even allow us to somewhat care about Xehanort. This has been his story too, after all. And this is the last time we're ever going to get to see him. To that end, I wouldn't mind learning some about the normal person he was before he went down his dark path.

It would also tie in well with KH3D's opening...

Also, didn't they say they wouldn't be doing a music video esque flashback intro after 3D? If so, I can see why they would have opted to go this way instead.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Even though it's unlikely, I'd so be game for a KH2 style prologue, but from Young Xehanort's POV during his time as a Keyblade trainee.

But either way, games that start off with Xehanort (BbS and DDD) tend to have to best narratives SO if this is another Xehanort opening scene, I'll be escastic.

I guess that also explains why they only showed the teaser for the Japanese audience and not the English-speaking audience. Which is kinda mean but whatever.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I'm betting it'll be like DDD and the first scene of KH3 will be of that discussion between bishie/young Xehanort & Eraqus like DDD started the game with a scene of the Apprentice going all stabby stabby with MX's keyblade.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

young xehanort playable scenario please for the love of god

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Hoping for a 3 teaser in 2.5, much like KHFM teased KH2 and KH2FM teased BBS. Maybe they'll be sadistic and make it so that once you get all trophies for all three games in 2.5, you unlock the teaser for KH3 :D

And here's to hoping that by "new information soon" for KH3, he's referring to Comic-Con.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

They seem to be prepping FFXV news for San Diego Comic Con so hopefully they'll throw KH3 in there with them.

Lonbilly

Awards

And here's to hoping that by "new information soon" for KH3, he's referring to Comic-Con.

Is Comic Con a place where we even get video game news? Or at least, new about KH? I feel like "soon" with SE is TGS.

They seem to be prepping FFXV news for San Diego Comic Con so hopefully they'll throw KH3 in there with them.

Ah, nevermind. I thought Comic Con was totally not a place we'd get info.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I can see it now.

"Wah!!!!"

"Heehee."

"Give me a break Eraqus!"

"Xehanort, you studious bookworm! Don't you ever sleep?"

Gram

Banned
Awards

I can see it now.

"Wah!!!!"

"Heehee."

And thus a new candidate to the never ending shipping wars will appear.

Lonbilly

Awards

I can see it now.

"Wah!!!!"

"Heehee."

I think I have a new headcanon for the series.

If this doesn't happen I will be dearly disappointed.

TheXVthMember

Playing as Xehanort?

I think it would absolutely awesome to do one of two things:
1) Have a Prologue like in KHII where you instead play as a Young Xehanort in the Land of Departure
or
2) Imitate Final Fantasy VIII's Laguna Flashbacks and have us occasionally flash back to play as Xehanort for a few minutes.

Am I not the only one who would freak out? I think we should be able to play as Xehanort during KHIII. There are so many things that need to happen. I don't know how they're going to tie it all up. I just really hope that Terra, Ven, and Aqua all come back somewhat in the beginning of the game so we get to see them a lot.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I would love the frequent flashbacking to Xehanort. Would be absolutely fascinating to learn more about him throughout the adventure and how his experiences relate to what is happening currently.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I would love to see glimpses of Xehanort and Eraqus` younger days throughout KH3. Also if we do get flashbacks, I hope we actually get to see their master. The recent trailer made me really curious about him/her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back