• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Series Memorial Ultimania Releasing on October 2!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Accompanying the Japanese release of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX on October 2nd, 2014 is the Kingdom Hearts Series Memorial Ultimania. Exactly as the name suggests, this Ultimania offers an in-depth look at the entire series from front to back, including tons of never-before-seen artwork and information straight from the development team, such as:

• Character profiles
  • World guides
  • Keyblade gallery
  • Enemy glossary
  • Concept Art gallery

The Ultimania comes out to a whopping 256 pages and will cost 3,132 yen with tax (roughly $30.61 USD).

Source: SQUARE ENIX e-STORE

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
WORLDWIDE SHIPPING PLEASE. That's all I want.

Sometimes, living in backwater parts of the world sucks. :p

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
E3 HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET

I WANT TO GET OFF NOMURA'S WILD RIDE-- AND GET BACK ON WHEN I'M READY

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I AM REALLY TIRED

WE'RE NOT EVEN DONE WITH UPDATES YET THERE'S LIKE 3 MORE STILL IN PROGRESS

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Can it be? The "Hyrule Historia" of KH Volume 1?

Damn, they better bring this to ALL regions, not just Japan and also not just Japen and USA...don't forget Europe and the Aussies...pls...

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Is this similar to past Ultimanias? Should we be expecting interviews and clarifications?

Can it be? The "Hyrule Historia" of KH Volume 1?

Damn, they better bring this to ALL regions, not just Japan and also not just Japen and USA...don't forget Europe and the Aussies...pls...

Frankly I'm fine if they give an English version to any western country - that way we can import.

learning Japanese is the bitch :wink:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I really hope this is released in the US, but given it's an Ultimania if not I understand, either way, concept art can be understood no matter the language so this might actually be the first Ultimania I pickup (or import, or whatever).

tumblr_luhgu2CvnG1qcwsd8o1_500.gif

Are all Ultimanias usually this cheap? I'm actually shocked it only comes out to $30, I would have swore a book that big would have been like $50-60.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ultimania's is one of the most requested things by the English audiences since it fills in a lot of the mystery and blanks in the series. Releasing this at the end of the HD collections is wise because now fans will have the chance to learn everything as we move into KH3 territory.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
O.O

In the survey for 2.5, I asked for a "Kingdom Hearts version of Hyrule Historia".

THEY DID IT.

Last edited:

kupo1121

Awards
Ultimania's is one of the most requested things by the English audiences since it fills in a lot of the mystery and blanks in the series. Releasing this at the end of the HD collections is wise because now fans will have the chance to learn everything as we move into KH3 territory.

Do you think, if it came to the US, it would include a lot of stuff in the past Ultimanias we have yet to hear in English, interview stuff and such?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Do you think, if it came to the US, it would include a lot of stuff in the past Ultimanias we have yet to hear in English, interview stuff and such?
It probably wouldn't be a direct c+p of the previous stuff with translations, but rather a summary of what was said.

kupo1121

Awards
It probably wouldn't be a direct c+p of the previous stuff with translations, but rather a summary of what was said.

That's fine, it's not like it's any new information for anyone here since we have all the past translations on KHi as it is :D

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
You know, the past Ultimanias are huge

Kingdom Hearts Ultimania - Kingdom Hearts Wiki, the Kingdom Hearts encyclopedia

Don't know what or how much of that they could include...

Wow. Every single one of those is larger than this new one is. Given that this is supposed to cover the entire series, it makes me wonder why it's shorter than all the others. Hopefully it's not going to end up being an overly summarized smush of all the games. If they're going to do this, they should do it right. But hey, it's not even in print yet. Gotta wait and see (assuming Square isn't dumb and releases this outside of Japan)

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Great news, I'm definitely sold, although I'm still waiting for an updated BBS Ultimania.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
If Square Enix had a dollar for every time I told them to shut up and take my money this evening...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This is definitely something worth to get excited about, even more so if they will finally get an international version of this going. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back