• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Releases Swing Album with Kingdom Hearts Theme

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix has released multiple themed albums in the past including works from a variety of games such as the X'Mas Collections and the more recent Composers Best - Black Disc-, but none of them have ever included Kingdom Hearts music, that is, until now.

Introducing SQ Swing, a brand new Jazz album of 12 unique tracks, featuring works from Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, SaGa, and Kingdom Hearts among several others. These pieces have received new arrangements specially for the occasion, and will be performed by talented artists including bohemianvoodoo, Drakskip and Whistle Taro.

SQ Swing will be released on May 28th, 2014 for 2,500 yen plus tax (roughly $24.62 USD).

The complete track list is available below:

1. Memory of 16bit Medley:Mission Clear~Rebel Army~The Teacher's Eulogy~Frog's Theme ~Farewell Song~Main Theme Composer:Noriko Matsueda、Toshiaki Sakoda、Yasunori Mitsuda、Hiroki Kikuta、Nobuo Uematsu/Arranger/Orchestra:Taro Kuchibue
  2. SEIKEN DENSETSU 2 [The Child of the Fairy Tribe]
    Composer: Hiroki Kikuta / Arrangement-Performer: Drakskip
  3. KINGDOM HEARTS II [Organization XIII~The 13th Struggle~Fragments of Sorrow~Dearly Beloved]
    Composer: Yoko Shimomura / Arrangement: Hidehiro Kawai / Performer: fox capture plan
  4. FINAL FANTASY VII [Johnny C. Bad]
    Composer: Nobuo Uematsu / Arrangement-Performer: KING COLUMBIA
  5. FINAL FANTASY IV [Edward's Harp~The Land of Summons]
    Composer: Nobuo Uematsu / Arrangement-Performer: RF
  6. CHRONO TRIGGER [Chrono Trigger~Yearnings of the Wind~Robo's Theme]
    Composer: Yasunori Mitsuda / Arrangement: Iori Kimura / Performer: bohemianvoodoo
  7. FINAL FANTASY VI [Shadow's Theme~Cyan's Theme~Edgar & Sabin's Theme]
    Composer: Nobuo Uematsu / Arrangement-Performer: RF
  8. SAGA FRONTIER [Fight! Alkaiser]
    Composer: Kenji Ito / Arrangement-Performer: RF
  9. LIVE A LIVE [MEGALOMANIA]
    Composer: Yoko Shimomura / Arrangement-Performer: RF
  10. CHRONO TRIGGER [Corridors of Time ~ Sara's Theme]
    Composer: Yasunori Mitsuda / Arrangement-Performer: Drakskip
  11. FINAL FANTASY IX [Melodies of Life]
    Lyrics: Shiomi / Music: Nobuo Uematsu / Arrangement: Hirado Yusuke / Performer: Miyuki Hatakeyama meets Yusuke Hirado Trio
  12. Xenogears [Singing Of The Gentle Wind]
    Composer: Yasunori Mitsuda / Arranger-Orchestra: Taro Kuchibue

Source: SQ Swing official site

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Swing music ;~; I love swing music.

The first SQ album to have a KH arrangement and they made it a swing album. This is perfect ;~; (Now to hope they make a new SQ Chips album and have a 16-bit KH arrangement there ;~~~~;)

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I can't wait to hear how Dearly Beloved sounds in swing.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Swing isn't my favourite, but I'd be lying if I said I am not interested in hearing the Organization's themes in that style. And the battle theme, too. Ugh, long story short, I'd like to have a listen to how the new arrangement of these pieces will sound like!

And Melodies of Life... I'm having a hard time imagining it in swing. That would be interesting, too...

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I love swing!
At first I thought that those choices for the KH one were odd so I went and listened to them again just now. And I've gotta say I think that they may be the best tracks to adapt to swing.
I'm curious as to how the Organization XIII theme will sound.

limit

Ahhh yes, swing baby!!

Swing is also pretty much my favorite style of music :D

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I absolutely LOVE swing!!! I'm into music from the early 1900's then again, but KH in swing...next week...next week...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I just listened to the preview and oh my god that sounded so weird, so different.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Maybe I'm inept at using iTunes (since I rarely use it), but does anyone know if this is available for purchase digitally? I honestly just want 13th struggle (oh mag gawd that remix was so classy...sit in a upper class bar with a top hat, cane, mustache, and monocles while that plays in the background) but I'd rather not buy the whole CD just for it, but the songs are all nice so if need be I will :p I love swing and more ballroom dancing songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back