• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura discusses HD 2.5 ReMIX, KH3, χ[chi] & more in latest Famitsu!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Jump Festa 2014 is over and Square Enix has released a high quality version of the Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- trailer, but the news doesn't stop there. In the latest issue of Famitsu, series director Tetsuya Nomura discusses Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX, Kingdom Hearts χ[chi], and the potential for a Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] high definition remaster!

Here is a brief summary of the interview and you can check out the fully translated interview bullet points below:

Nomura talks about how Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- is being worked on by the same team as -HD 1.5 ReMIX- and the work has been moving much faster than when they worked on -HD 1.5 ReMIX-. Nomura also mentions how Re:coded HD Theater isn't as long as 358/2 Days but will include new scenes from the Disney worlds. They've also begun recording and have just finished some Wonderland scenes last week. Overall, the process has been moving faster overall because the Osaka team have the established system and experience from the first remaster.

On Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]Nomura added the scene in KHx with another Chirishii. The Guilt system in KHx was originally meant to be "Orbs" but he changed the name to represent collecting the sin from Heartless. He also restates that even though KHx is an online social game, it still hold a piece of information that ties into Kingdom Hearts III.

The Kingdom Hearts III trailer at D23 Expo Japan was released for promotional reasons, and development is still in the early stages. They plan to evolve the Flowmotion system from Kingdom Hearts 3D to Kingdom Hearts III. The Keyblade transformations in Kingdom Hearts III are insane, and we'll be surprised when we see what they can do. Staff is currently writing the scenario for Kingdom Hearts III.

The most interesting thing Nomura states that the HD remasters are used to help summarize the plots before Kingdom Hearts III but please do not think Kingdom Hearts 3D isn’t necessary for the storyline.

Nomura also states in the interview that they are waiting for the next opportunity to reveal information on Final Fantasy XV to the public.

Update: Thanks to Zephyr, we have a translation of the interview bullet points. Check it out below:

• KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX is being worked on the same team who did KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX and transitioning it to HD is progressing much more smoothly than KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX.

• I have yet to announce a clear release date.

• Like KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX, there isn’t a lot of things to change but the volume is considerable.

• Re:coded isn’t as long as 358/2 Days because many of the cutscenes in Days were originally from the main story. I’ve added a new events in Disney Worlds. Also there will be new voice actors that will be appearing and we’ve just voice recorded for Alice’s world last week.

• Battle scenes and new scenarios have been added.

There will be a scene where Re:coded leads up to KINGDOM HEARTS 3D.

• There is a sense to summarize the plots in the HD remasters for KINGDOM HEARTS III but please do not think KINGDOM HEARTS 3D isn’t necessary for the storyline.

• Although there is a mysterious story you should be aware. In KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi], dialogues of Chirithy have been added in episodes, there is an interesting scene where another Chirithy appears.

• The Guilt System that was originally developed with orbs have been changed. Guilt would be the drops we collect from Heartless.

• When I’m writing the scenario and connecting them together, I can no longer make sense in the answer that goal approaches. Therefore, I seek to answer how can I make this surprising.

• KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] scenarios have become more surprising.

• Concerning the Foreteller’s episode, events that will occur in the future will be written in the Foreteller’s Script.

• The last sentence in the Foreteller’s Script leads to KINGDOM HEARTS III.

• I think setting an end to KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi], considering the nature of an online game, is difficult. I think KINGDOM HEARTS III may have online elements and it may be possible to link them but I currently don’t know.

• KINGDOM HEARTS III’s October PV was received positively but it is still insufficient development wise.

• You can choose the “Attraction Flow” ability according to the enemy and location. I’d like to mention in particular, boss battles have the richest ones. It is a system that has evolved from Flowmotion and it is a vital part of KINGDOM HEARTS III.

• There are various amazing transformations of the Keyblade such as guns.

• We’re planning it should be used as some sort of gimmick.

• Osaka’s team is working simultaneously on both KINGDOM HEARTS III and KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX.

• Nomura said he is currently writing the scenario for KINGDOM HEARTS III now.

• FINAL FANTASY XV is still currently focused on development and I want you to wait until the timing is right to reveal more information.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitterTumblr and Google+ for all the latest Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts 3 news!

Source: Alternator via Twitter

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: Nomura discusses HD 2.5 ReMIX, KH3, ?[chi] & more in latest Famitsu!

Welp that just crushed everyones DDD dreams <3
Good to hear recoded will have some extra scenes and that its going fast though.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Ooh, this is great! Makes me hopeful for 2.5 being released in the summer time. But knowing Square, it could be totally done and they'd still just wait until Fall to release it for absolutely no reason (like with 1.5).

And as far as Dream Drop Distance goes, sounds like it's gonna get recapped in KH3. If it does, that'll be unfortunate. Every other game in the series will be playable on PS3 or a Theater movie, but DDD will only be a "On the last episode of DragonBall Z" type of thing. But, it has neither been confirmed nor denied for either case, so no need to start being disappointed for no reason.

And yay, Final Fantasy XV. Seems they've kinda stopped talking about it since E3. Hopefully with the next slew of news, we'll know whether or not we can expect it in 2014 or 2015.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Yay! New scenes in the Disney worlds for Re:Coded :) I assumed it wouldn't be as long as Days, I didn't see how it could be :p

And huh...the guilt I have been collecting represents the sins of the Heartless? That makes me really curious to find out more about the whole system.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I can only imagine how done Yasue must be with Nomura and his crazy ideas~

KHx gives me so much stress with its constant updates, I'm don't know if I'm looking forward to this KH3 thing.

Good to see that they're making good progress with 2.5 and are using their experience with 1.5 to their advantage. That's all we can ask for, really.

zachen

Awards

I honestly can't wait to see what they are able do with the flow motion seeing as KH3 is going to be on a system vastly superior to the 3ds

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Nazo;6123848[B said:
And as far as Dream Drop Distance goes, sounds like it's gonna get recapped in KH3. If it does, that'll be unfortunate. Every other game in the series will be playable on PS3 or a Theater movie, but DDD will only be a "On the last episode of DragonBall Z" type of thing. But, it has neither been confirmed nor denied for either case, so no need to start being disappointed for no reason.
This. While Nomura says he doesn't see it necessary to remaster doesn't mean they won't. But...
I'm a little worried now. DDD is basically the prologue/part 1 of KHIII, so it wouldn't be right to just do a recap... If it doesn't get a remaster I hope that we at least get all the cutscenes in KHIII's Theater.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I know he said it wasn't "necessary", but he could always troll us with something DDD up his sleave~ Right? Wishful thinking?

So excited this process in moving along much more smoothly. *u*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Well, it sounds like Re:coded's secret ending is going to be included in the Theater movie, cause that scene leads directly into the first scene with Yen Said in DDD, as the interview suggests.

In which case, perhaps DDD remaster is a go? If they're going to set it up like that, why wouldn't they?

Nomura, you hurt my brain.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Nomura should just come out and say something solid. Like "Yes." xD

Sorarocks93

Awards

Sorry guys, here is some clarification:

"There is a sense to summarize the plots in the HD remasters for KINGDOM HEARTS III but please do not think KINGDOM HEARTS 3D isn’t necessary for the storyline."

ALSO, FULL TRANSLATION OF BULLET POINTED INTERVIEW UP THERE

Nomura discusses HD 2.5 ReMIX, KH3, ?[chi] & more in latest Famitsu! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Oh! And I was wondering what was everyone saying in the comments. Glad to see it was a mistake.

Sora's Darkness

I saw a DDD remaster coming. Hints: A kh game for each year right? kh 3 is in early development so it wont come out 2015 (Not 2014 ether because of kh 2.5) so if we are really getting a kh game each year. then in 2015 we should get DDD remastered. get it?

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

I think with the ps4 out now, they would want to release 2.5 sooner rather than later.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

If they remake kh 3d hd what system will it be it for then since it came out on the nitendo 3d

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

If they remake kh 3d hd what system will it be it for then since it came out on the nitendo 3d

A Sony console. PS3/Vita/PS4, something like that. We've gotten 3DS games on the PS3 before ala Capcom with their Resident Evil games

sdr08

I saw a DDD remaster coming. Hints: A kh game for each year right? kh 3 is in early development so it wont come out 2015 (Not 2014 ether because of kh 2.5) so if we are really getting a kh game each year. then in 2015 we should get DDD remastered. get it?

There is a slight chance it still come out in 2015 since Nourma said that Osaka is working on 3 and 2.5 remix at the same time, but I don't know how they could work on KH3 since Nourma is still writing it.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

A Sony console. PS3/Vita/PS4, something like that. We've gotten 3DS games on the PS3 before ala Capcom with their Resident Evil games

Okay it going to be intresting what they do with kh3d then

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

There is a slight chance it still come out in 2015 since Nourma said that Osaka is working on 3 and 2.5 remix at the same time, but I don't know how they could work on KH3 since Nourma is still writing it.

The way it always goes. They build gameplay and assets first, working from what they know for sure will be in the game. Worlds are chosen around the same time, and they start making stuff for the worlds (textures, models, maps, etc.) During that stuff, scenario gets written. Continue building the game. They get voice acting started once the script is done...cutscenes get made. Fine tuning and whatnot continues...

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

The way it always goes. They build gameplay and assets first, working from what they know for sure will be in the game. Worlds are chosen around the same time, and they start making stuff for the worlds (textures, models, maps, etc.) During that stuff, scenario gets written. Continue building the game. They get voice acting started once the script is done...cutscenes get made. Fine tuning and whatnot continues...

What was the best 3DS to PS3 port, in terms of how it works from the original?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back