• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts II Manga Volume 7 Cover Art!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

You may recall just this past week when we caught a glimpse of a new Kingdom Hearts II manga artwork by Shiro Amano. The artwork, shared by ArikaMiz, featured Sora looking onward with Kairi and Pluto as Mickey, Donald and Goofy leapt battle-ready in the background as Kingdom Hearts loomed overhead. This artwork, used to promote the seventh volume of the manga to be released this Friday on November 22nd, was believed to be the new cover artwork. 

With only 3 days left until the manga releases, this artwork has been confirmed as the new cover! You can view it below:

Click to enlarge!

Kingdom Hearts II volume 7 will be sold for ¥440 (roughly $4.39 USD), available at Amazon.jp.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
We'll edit the update when we find some import sites that have this available~

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Haha, I'm so glad that everything that I found amusing in the promotional artwork actually makes it to the front cover! I love Sora's stoned look and how Kairi an Pluto are hugging each other, they're really adorable.

The tiny(er) details are neat, too, such as the pink hearts floating beside Kairi. They were there in the artwork, but were eclipsed by some text. And the swarm of Shadows on the bottom left corner is a nice touch.

Last edited:
I'm finding it hard to take Goofy's battle face seriously. But then again, it wouldn't be Goofy if he didn't look... goofy.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Considering it isn't the final KH2 manga, I do like, everyone looks like they are staring at something scary, so perhaps foreshadowing what's to come?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Yaaay~ Only one half of a volume more before Yen Press localizes KHIIv3? 8D

This cover is like majorly intense.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I wonder how many worlds this one covers. The prediction at the time of volume 6's release was that KH2 would end at volume 9, assuming no worlds would be skipped.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I wonder how many worlds this one covers. The prediction at the time of volume 6's release was that KH2 would end at volume 9, assuming no worlds would be skipped.

This I would like to know too. Volume 6 covered a Hollow Bastion revisit and Space Paranoids, correct? There's still Halloween Town (I keep forgetting Shiro Amano skipped this world in KH1 and Days), Atlantica, Port Royal, Pride Lands, and 100 Acre Woods before getting to The World That Never Was, granting he doesn't skip, so there's a bit of material to cover. He's also pretty much dismissed revisits by combining the Organizations interference and the Disney plot into one, so that does condense it some. Hmmm. I'd give it at least 9 for sure.

Ultima Spark

They're not visiting any more Disney worlds - Chapter 51 skips straight to the final Twilight Town visit (HPO get beat up by Nobodies, Sora and co. rescue them, the chapter ends with them investigating DiZ's computer). I'm guessing there'll be about 60 chapters (give or take a few), so yeah, 8, maybe 9 total.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Man, Amano sure skipped a lot of worlds this time around. It really puts the game into perspective when you think about how the worlds are so self-contained and irrelevant to the main plot.

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Haha, it's a painful reminder, of course. So, considering that they have reached Twilight Town, is it safe to assume that this volume will be the penultimate book for the KH2 manga?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Perhaps! It's possible that KH2v8 could even be the final volume. He wrapped up previous titles rather quickly and since TWTNW primarily consists of boss battles, it probably won't drag on for very long.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Indeed, since Amano is "trimming the fat" I wouldn't be surprised if the next volume is the last. All things considering, TWTNW really wasn't all that plot heavy, even for an original world. They just shoved ten thousand boss battles into it, had a three minute plot break here and there, then jumped right back into the action. The KH2 manga has been going on for so long now this is like, the end of an era. ;~;

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Now I'm excited once the manga comes out to find out if this is the last one and if it is...what will he be working on next O_O?? *secretly chants "Birth by Sleep"*

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
That wouldn't be too far-fetched an expectation, if I may say. I myself am really anticipant of the BbS manga, since I want too see Amano's take on the events happening during that period time. I can't wait to see the BbS cast getting their foolish-, amusing-moments treatment from Amano, which I personally think is one of the charms of his works.

But that's a story for another day, since we have yet to hear words about BbS manga as far as I can recall, and it isn't really the topic of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back