• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts TGS 2013 Wrap-up - Signs of Whats Next

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

This year's Tokyo Game Show has come and gone, and with it probably one of the strangest events as of late. Not so referring to the oddity of it, but this was the first year in many that no Kingdom Hearts title had been featured at the convention. No doubt many saw this coming; after all, Kingdom Hearts III had only recently begun development and likely didn't have anything substantial to show off to the public. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix had just been released in the west the week prior to TGS, and with Square Enix's Osaka studio working on both installments of the franchise, it just wasn't in the cards for them this year.

But let's go over the event in full. After all, there was some good news to come out of it.

Available at the Square Enix booth was a pamphlet of the titles that were present in some way, shape or form. With the trailer playing at the Open Mega Theater, Kingdom Hearts III technically fit that description, and thus, Sora, Donald and Goofy left their mark.

(via @SQEXGAL)

Greeting guests as they approached the booth was the Kingdom Hearts III trailer, playing in rotation with other trailers showing off other titles currently available at their booth or were currently in development. There was only one difference between this trailer and the one from E3 2013, which was the replacement of the dialogue from English to Japanese.

(via @bKvEBVAvUq)

Also seen alongside the "new" KH3 trailer was the Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] TGS trailer. Narrated by Miyu Irino, this trailer showcased the latest story expansion made in the August 15th update, as well as various new cards and features added since then.

(via Square Enix)

Speaking of KHχ, guests received a code to redeem an exclusive card for use within the game. You may recognize the artwork, as it has been remade from an original promotional piece released for the first title over a decade ago.

(via ShardofTruth)

Available for purchase at Square Enix's merchandise section were various products for new titles. Among them were the Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix wall scroll and iPhone 5 case, as well as Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] Sora and Riku Play Arts Kai.

(via @hidemi_mad_dog)

Although it required no confirmation whatsoever, Series Composer Yoko Shimomura confirmed it herself that she would be working on Kingdom Hearts III. Not only that, but she had been working on new music for Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] as well! Now that's dedication!

(via SQEX TV)

Despite the title only being present in trailer form, Kingdom Hearts III still received the Japan Game Award for Future Developments! Producer Shinji Hahshimoto proudly accepts the award at the ceremony.  

(via Official KH Twitter)

Sadly, there were no further announcements regarding the series at the event. However, that doesn't mean there won't be any approaching soon. There are several things in store for us throughout the rest of the year.

First off, Shinji Hashimoto recently had an interview with IGN detailing their experiences and views with the series as well as its recently released and upcoming titles. Hashimoto states that those who were part of the original audience have a very special connection with it, growing up with the characters the series expanded further and further. As the focus of Kingdom Hearts III is on Sora and Riku's friendship, he believes that the growth of the players over the past decade will be heavily tied with the game, and that all of the fond memories they had playing when they were young will resurface. Nothing further could be revealed at this point in time.

That is why they released HD 1.5 ReMix; so they can relive their childhood memories and experience the adventure from beginning to end fully. Although he could not confirm anything regarding HD 2.5 ReMix, he hopes that players will support the title so that plans for the second remaster will be put in motion. 

Next, as you may already know, the first D23 Fan Expo taking place outside of the United States will be held at the Tokyo Disney Resort on October 14th from 15:00-16:00. Key staff and voice actors will be talking about their experiences with the series, answering questions submitted by fans through Square Enix Members Japan and will be revealing new information about Kingdom Hearts III.

Director Tetsuya Nomura will also be discussing Kingdom Hearts III in a Playstation 4 [Conversations with Creators] video to be released in October as well. He had recently taken part in one focusing on Final Fantasy XV during TGS and revealed some interesting, though minor, pieces of information regarding development. Whether the KH3 video will contain any new tidbits, we'll have to wait and see!

Finally in December, we'll have Jump Festa 2014. Although this event does not focus on games, we generally receive more information and promotional media there. Many theorize that this is where the highly anticipated Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix will be first announced and revealed to the public.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts TGS 2013 Wrap-up - Looking Forward

TGS 2013 = BLOWN.

Just Blown.
Meh.
Irrelevant.

Blown.

Yeah it was pretty lackluster. The only good thing about it was because so little happened, it's very easy to forget. There are more interesting things coming up later on, so let's look forward to that instead.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

More of Sora and Riku's friendship?

tumblr_inline_mtpa58uyiD1s8olif.gif

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

More of Sora and Riku's friendship?
tumblr_inline_mtpa58uyiD1s8olif.gif
Well, I'd sure hope its about them being friends. It would kinda suck if Sora and he randomly started fighting again. It'll be the first full numbered installment where Riku isn't in the darkness. And in DDD they were seperated most of the game. So besides the end of KH2, they haven't really been able to hang out much since their story began in KH1. I'm pretty sure that there will be much more direct interaction between the Destiny Islands trio in KH3.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Well, I'd sure hope its about them being friends. It would kinda suck if Sora and he randomly started fighting again. It'll be the first full numbered installment where Riku isn't in the darkness. And in DDD they were seperated most of the game. So besides the end of KH2, they haven't really been able to hang out much since their story began in KH1. I'm pretty sure that there will be much more direct interaction between the Destiny Islands trio in KH3.

rofl that was a rhetorical question

she's expressing her excitement, not requesting an answer

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

They keep ignoring Kairi. I sure hope the fact that Yen Sid is training her to fight means she'll have more screen time KH3 because she needs it and it doesn't help that the media is acting like she doesn't exist.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

They keep ignoring Kairi. I sure hope the fact that Yen Sid is training her to fight means she'll have more screen time KH3 because she needs it and it doesn't help that the media is acting like she doesn't exist.

Why would the press care? They are specifically concentrating on Sora and Riku for a purpose. Not because she won't play a role in the game, but because this is how they are marketing KH3 at the moment since they have officially confirmed only five characters in KH3: Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Mickey.

Kairi and "a certain character" (Lea) have been mentioned once in the past but for now they aren't really going to be in the spotlight of the press.

They won't start talking about Kairi until they can and when they actually do have something to say about her.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

rofl that was a rhetorical questionshe's expressing her excitement, not requesting an answer
Oops. o_o Sorry about that... *crawls in my mousehole* @Cataclysm: True. She needs to be a bigger part of it all.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

I see where y'all are comin from regarding Kairi and Lea. It only makes sense that they dont reveal them. After all, even though the only confirmed thing about the plot is Sora and Riku's friendship, revealing those two could potentially lead to spoilers. Not saying that it WILL, but it's a possibility that they will have a pretty big impact on this game.

Think about it: last game in the Xehanort Saga and they only give Kairi her ususal, meager screentime? I really doubt that.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

It's wisest to leave romance out of this one. I'm hoping Sora and Riku's friendship evolving is more of a cool bro-type relationship as opposed to DDD's "I know Riku will save me, because he's my heartfelt buddy in my soul!".

'Sides, I don't think a relationship between the two would work out. "Remember that time you legitimately tried to kill me?"

Not that things with Kairi would work out much better. The dynamic is too strange now, they practically have kids in the form of Roxas, Xion, and Namine.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

It's wisest to leave romance out of this one. I'm hoping Sora and Riku's friendship evolving is more of a cool bro-type relationship as opposed to DDD's "I know Riku will save me, because he's my heartfelt buddy in my soul!".

Not that things with Kairi would work out much better. The dynamic is too strange now, they practically have kids in the form of Roxas, Xion, and Namine.

i kind of agree of keeping romance out of the game but you need something for sora and kairi to decribe there friendship/reltionship even if something like a memory of them or a even a little moment. i do agree that sora and riku friendship will even more then ever before

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Hashimoto says it plainly at the end of the interview that he knows little about the game because he's only the producer. If he had been informed what is happening to Kairi, that would not be a piece of information he would be able to relay to the public. He's not doing it intentionally but he's not in a position to say anything, if he even had anything to say.

i kind of agree of keeping romance out of the game but you need something for sora and kairi to decribe there friendship/reltionship even if something like a memory of them or a even a little moment. i do agree that sora and riku friendship will even more then ever before

Just give Kairi more appearances and opportunities to spend time with Sora and Riku. That's really the only thing we need.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Just give Kairi more appearances and opportunities to spend time with Sora and Riku. That's really the only thing we need.

sign i agree that that way you can develop her devleopment a little more and just maybe give some hints sora and kairi friendship/realtionship like they did the past games.

Gram

Banned
Awards

....It feels strange for TGS to go by and have no system crash from all the members on at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back