• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Prima Games to Release Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Game Guide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Ever since the secret message in Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] teased a potential high definition remaster for the Kingdom Hearts series, fans have waited with baited breath until the game would finally be released so they could experience all-new content that was only released in Japan in the past. New and old fans alike will finally be able to relive the past of the series when Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- is released in North America and PAL regions next month in September.

Some of you might want to dust off those old game guides in preparation but with the additions of trophies, new boss battles, difficulty modes, and skills in Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-, it might be time to retire those guides for something more up-to-date. This is why Prima Games will be publishing a comprehensive guide for the upcoming HD remaster, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix: Prima's Official Game Guide. This 480-page collectable guide will provide:

• Detailed walkthrough covers Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
  • Labeled maps show the locations for all items and secrets
  • Checklists for all collectables to achieve 100% completion
  • Detailed enemies section shows their weaknesses, as well as what items they can drop

All of these pages of comprehensive maps, walkthroughs for worlds, and boss strategies for Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories will all be neatly bound in a beautiful hardcover. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix: Prima's Official Game Guide by Mike Searle will be released September 24th, 2013 for $34.99 USD and can be pre-ordered from Amazon right now.

Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon JP | Amazon FR | Book Depository

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- includes for the first time outside of Japan Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories which has never seen a release in PAL until now, and KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days remastered in nearly three hours of HD cinematics. The entire collection contains trophies, updated graphics, updated gameplay, and remastered music by series composer Yoko Shimomura.

Edit:

Thanks to NintendoTweet, we have learnt that EBGames.com has put up a photo of what the guide book looks like. You can view this image below!

Click to enlarge!

Thanks to NintendoTweet for the tip!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Wasn't there already a thread on this by someone else, I think Aurora was the username who said it first? Or do you need to make a new thread for it to show on the main page?

Either way, I'm curious why Prima picked this one up as opposed to Brady Games. I'm kind of torn, I've never liked Prima Guides, but the Brady Games KH guides have been horrendous as of late, peaking with the atrocity that was their DDD guide that didn't even mention Julius (yeah...that bad). I hope Prime can do a fine job with their guide, but the original KH1 guide is gonna be tough to beat, that was beautiful!

I'll be picking it up for collection purposes and for a Re:CoM guide (FINALLY!) anyways...too bad it isn't coming out until way after the US game's release (unless that date is for EU)?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wasn't there already a thread on this by someone else, I think Aurora was the username who said it first? Or do you need to make a new thread for it to show on the main page?

Our CMS makes new threads with our articles so we have can't have duplicate threads around. Also, we got the tip from a twitter user first but the product listing hadn't been updated with any info so we couldn't have posted about it when there was no info about it which was why I closed the thread by Aurora.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Totally pre-ordering this. Good thing I waited one collecting all the old strategy guides. Now I can just get this one and (hopefully) the guides for 2.5 and 3 in the future. Also, hardcover ftw.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Either way, I'm curious why Prima picked this one up as opposed to Brady Games. I'm kind of torn, I've never liked Prima Guides, but the Brady Games KH guides have been horrendous as of late, peaking with the atrocity that was their DDD guide that didn't even mention Julius (yeah...that bad). I hope Prime can do a fine job with their guide, but the original KH1 guide is gonna be tough to beat, that was beautiful!
The Brady Games guides have always been horrendous, at least for the Kingdom Hearts games. But you're right, when reading the DDD guide I always had the feeling they didn't know what they were talking about. So much half explained stuff, so many facts missing, a truly sad spectacle to behold.
Prima Games had some good guide in the past (like ten years ago) but nowadays the quality is fluctuating, at least the Zelda guides are decent.
I still think that apart from Studio BentStuff's Ultimanias, Piggyback produces the most complete guides for the English speaking audience, sadly there are only guides for KH and KHII.

Still, the description of this new guide sounds promising, especially since no official guide for Re:Chain of Memories was ever released here, I'm looking forward to it.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Wow. Everyone thought this was fake!

I actually just claimed to someone that this was fake!

I did like the first game's guide but the others are nothing by comparison!

Edit: Already preordered but why the 24th?

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow. Everyone thought this was fake!

Nobody thought it was fake, though. There wouldn't have been an ISBN number if it was fake. It just was unconfirmed since Prima games didn't make an announcement about it. They still haven't, but they updated the product page today so we actually knew something about it now.

I actually just claimed to someone that this was fake!

I hope you tell them that it isn't.

Already preordered but why the 24th?

Well it was the 13th before. Who knows why it is the 24th.

Prima Games had some good guide in the past (like ten years ago) but nowadays the quality is fluctuating, at least the Zelda guides are decent.

The only thing I dislike about the Prima Games guides is that they always want you to go online for more information. If I bought the physical guide, I want as much out of it as possible. I can easily ask somebody for something on a website. Their forums are a ghost town, anyways. I don't get why they bother with the eGuide bonus stuff.

I still think that apart from Studio BentStuff's Ultimanias, Piggyback produces the most complete guides for the English speaking audience, sadly there are only guides for KH and KHII.

Yeah, I like Piggyback a lot.

I really wish SE and Studio BentStuff would think about translating the Ultimanias considering just how comprehensive they are...oh well.

Still, the description of this new guide sounds promising, especially since no official guide for Re:Chain of Memories was ever released here, I'm looking forward to it.

Would also expect more from it considering it'll be 480 pages. A lot of Prima's guides are also art books, or contain some limited print item. I'm wondering if they plan to have stuff like that in this one despite the existence of the 24 page art book.

Totally pre-ordering this. Good thing I waited one collecting all the old strategy guides. Now I can just get this one and (hopefully) the guides for 2.5 and 3 in the future. Also, hardcover ftw.

Definitely hoping Prima does 2.5 since they are doing 1.5. KH3's guide will probably be glorious~

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That's the hard part about news. What I was hoping that you guys would learn from the constant barrage of threads being made at the same time as articles going on the front page mean that if a user posts news, we unfortunately have to close their thread. There's no way around this.

Not to mention this has been sitting waiting to be published for a good 3 to 4 days now.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Nobody thought it was fake, though. There wouldn't have been an ISBN number if it was fake. It just was unconfirmed since Prima games didn't make an announcement about it. They still haven't, but they updated the product page today so we actually knew something about it now.

I hope you tell them that it isn't.
Oh, nobody said the page was fake, but I was under the impression nobody believed a game guide for this was being made.

I Did tell them that it's real.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Hope an image surfaces soon~

If it releases out two weeks after the game, it'll probably get here the third week after, probably arriving closer to beating my first FM run through. xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm hoping the price goes down.

It's on sale on Amazon and Book Depository for like $24. You won't find it any cheaper than that.

EDIT: NEVER MIND. WOW HOW DID THE PRICE GO UP IN LIKE A FEW HOURS!? Um, Book Depository is your best bet and I'd suggest checking Amazon every now and then.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Pretty sweet! Not sure if I'd end up getting it though (or if I can) *broke4life* ;A;

Bladekey

Awards
Just pre-ordered it on amazon UK and it's giving me a delivery estimate of between the 13th and 16th of September, so here's hoping it arrives with the game. Although, it'll be the Re:COM that I'll really want it for (ten years I've waited to play that game! )

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I hope they'll show the cover soon. Prima usually makes beautiful hardcovers for their guides.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Idk if I'm going to get this... sure it's a bit updated, but since I played this game so many times that I know almost everything... (almost, which means I forget some things... like the hotel cuckoo clock part, I just go online for that parts) and I have my old book... it doesn't seem like a good purchase. Plus there's gamefaqs! ;3

(now I'm thinking of cancelling my pre-order.. since I'm poor right now! D:)

Xagzan

Awards
Unless there are like, unbelievably gorgeous renders, artworks, or literally Ultimania-level depth, I'm not sure this is a worthwhile purchase for veterans of the series :\

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Unless there are like, unbelievably gorgeous renders, artworks, or literally Ultimania-level depth, I'm not sure this is a worthwhile purchase for veterans of the series :\

No one is trying to pass it off as being so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back