• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Trivia: #37

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

No doubt many of you remember the opening scene from Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] where we discovered Xehanort - no, Ansem - attacking the other apprentices and stripping them of their hearts. We were never able to see Xehanort himself, but do you know who was? Sub-Lead Programmer from the Osaka Team, Masashi Nakamichi! And from what he says, perhaps it was better that we didn't see him at all.

In the cutscene from Xehanort's perspective that runs right after the opening of the game, we had to make his head smaller so it wouldn't show on the camera. Looking at it from another perspective you see he has a normal body with a tiny little dot of a head on top, it had me in stitches. It's such a shame I can't show you.

Xehanort with a tiny dot of a head sure would have been a sight to see! We've provided this mockup for how it may have potentially looked, give or take a few pixels:

Amusingly enough, Xehanort wasn't the only victim of voodoo head-shrinking! Because his new haircut made his head appear too large, Riku also required a cranial resize. 

Source: Kingdom Hearts 3D Staff Interview

Previous trivia: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Can it really be true? The trivia is back!? (;゙°´ω°´) (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Well at least no can accuse Ansem of having a big head.

Gram

Banned
Awards
8D Trivia's back!!!!! <3

That's rather amusing to think about since Xehanorts ego should make his head enormous. x'D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah trivia is back! We planned on bringing it back earlier but then E3 happened. And then post-E3 stuff happened. And then too much news happened. And then Japan Expo happened. Obviously this trend would have continued until we stopped caring so we did exactly that 8D

The hilarious thing about this is that they had to shrink Riku's head as well in KH3D because his new haircut made his head look too big.

Why couldn't they make the cut scene in a first person view? Or is this how they do that.

That cutscene was in first-person, from Xehanort's point of view.

Edit: Actually I'm going to add that Riku thing in. I don't know why I didn't do so to begin with.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Aw, I miss tribia~

I remember discussing this, and it's such an amusing little tidbit. I didn't realize they had shrunk Riku's head though! KH1 models had some huge heads and feet, man.

axel95

Awards
Welcome back trivia!!! You have been missed. I always thought there was something off with Riku's face/head, this is probably it.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
New enemy confirmed for KH3: The Headdots

Enemies normal in appearance but with dots for heads.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
New enemy confirmed for KH3: The Headdots

Enemies normal in appearance but with dots for heads.

Omg no, I would soil my pantalones in fear. I can hardly look at that Apprentice Xehanort render. ;A;

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm shocked the Trivia came today considering there has been a nice lineup of news from Japan Expo but IDGAF when it came back, IT CAME BACK!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm shocked the Trivia came today considering there has been a nice lineup of news from Japan Expo but IDGAF when it came back, IT CAME BACK!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Actually posted it last night (which was poor planning on my part lol)

We got a lot of feedback about them from the survey, so unless there's big news, we may return to our daily trivia updates.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Actually posted it last night (which was poor planning on my part lol)

We got a lot of feedback about them from the survey, so unless there's big news, we may return to our daily trivia updates.

Is anyone here shocked lol? ^_^ Are there any other changes that might be on their way soon?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Is anyone here shocked lol? ^_^ Are there any other changes that might be on their way soon?
Iono, I forgot about most of the responses already lol

We'll try our best so hopefully you'll notice more changes soon!

Edit: actually let me get back to you on that! got an idea I need to discuss with some pplz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back