• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The World Ends With You 6th Anniversary Event!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Greetings, Players! It's been a wild ride these past 6 years when the original The World Ends With You was first released on the Nintendo DS, filled with countless soundtracks and albums, concerts, an iOS remake and spinoff social game. It feels like so long ago since we discovered the first hint of a potential continuation of the beloved cult classic at the end of The World Ends With You - Solo Remix, and since then, there hasn't been a word. Perhaps that may change now!

Composer Takeharu Ishimoto, the mastermind behind the tunes that shape the Reaper's Game, has announced a 6th anniversary event, taking place on July 26th, 2013, with more details revealed next week. What could this be exactly? Another concert? Or will he finally lift the veil on his ongoing secret project? We'll find out soon enough!

Thanks to Zephyr, you can read Ishimoto's tweet below:

"I'll let you know of the details of the 6th TWEWY Anniversary event on 7/26 next week. Because it's small, the stage and the audience are pretty close apart. Therefore you'll be able to see them closer. Tickets are cheaper than ever so please come to the event! Stay tuned for the announcement next week!"

Source: Takeharu Ishimoto's twitter

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Please be TWEWY2, please be TWEWY2, please be TWEWY2... In all honesty, the fact they're doing a six-year-anniversary event (a strange number to celebrate, to be sure), and they seem to be making a big deal about it, all signs seem to point to it being TWEWY2. And if that happens, I will literally die. Anyway... I'm trying not to get my hopes up here. It might just be a localization of Live Remix (which I really do want) or something, but hen again... I think if the TWEWY community gets trolled by Square one more time, there will most definitely be some bloodshed. Be smart, Square. Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm not a huge TWEWY fan, but I played the first game and it was awesome. However, if they announce a sequel, I'll probably buy the first one again and then buy the new one too :)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Honestly though, if this is just another concert, I will probably die. I can't listen to Twister anymore.

Please be TWEWY2, please be TWEWY2, please be TWEWY2... In all honesty, the fact they're doing a six-year-anniversary event (a strange number to celebrate, to be sure), and they seem to be making a big deal about it, all signs seem to point to it being TWEWY2. And if that happens, I will literally die. Anyway... I'm trying not to get my hopes up here. It might just be a localization of Live Remix (which I really do want) or something, but hen again... I think if the TWEWY community gets trolled by Square one more time, there will most definitely be some bloodshed. Be smart, Square. Pretty please? With sugar on top?

I really doubt it'd be for a localization as this event is likely to be only taking place in Japan and a localization of a social game would not interest them at all. It's definitely *something* though. Ishimoto loves TWEWY like no other and his enthusiasm for anything even remotely related to it can't even begin to be compared, but after all the albums and concerts, everyone really just wants a new game.

(Plus when that announcement is made, we can make a TWEWY section!)

So, fingers crossed! Last year at the 5th anniversary live, they announced the winner of the contest searching for a new artist to work on a SE title with music produced by Ishimoto. It would be very nice for that to come full circle with that title finally revealed!

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Celebration of a 6th Anniversary is odd indeed. Something has to be up. The iOS/Android games were announced online, so I'm gonna assume that whatever is announced has to be bigger than those.

If TWEWY2 is announced, I'll be extremely happy. Just gonna hope that they continue to have the series Nintendo handhelds and skip out on the 3DS in favor of iOS. Going multiplatform seems the smartest way to go, and Square has been doing that a lot recently. A Vita release even seems possible. Hopefully there wouldn't be a major loss in content between versions, as 3DS, iDevices and Vita are all very different.

Anyways, can't wait to hear more! Gonna try to not get on the hype train yet though.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
That sad moment when I realize I STILL haven't beaten the iOS version for myself to see that awesome ending photo of Mystery Girl #1 lol Never have a heard of a 6th anniversary being so special. They gotta keep TWEWY fresh in everyone's mind.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Odd number to have an anniversary on, can't wait to see what they got up their sleeve. =D

DefiantHeart

Awards
Geez, if they make a TWEWY sequel for 3DS that would be so cool. I just hope they make it downloadable if they do, love having all my favorite games right on the 3DS to carry around.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I really hope they do announce TWEWY2 sooner or later. I just hope from all the concerts they're having and all the soundtracks they're releasing, those talents will be borrowed and inspired for the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back