• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS: FINAL MIX Volume 1 + 2 Covers Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

On May 28th 2013, the first two omnibuses of the KINGDOM HEARTS manga series will be released in North America by Yen Press. The covers for the KINGDOM HEARTS: FINAL MIX Volume 1 & 2 have been revealed and you can view them below! Do not forget to pre-order the rest of the KINGDOM HEARTS manga series!

KINGDOM HEARTS: FINAL MIX Volume 1
Page Count: 272
Price: $12 USD
Release Date: May 28th 2013

After a terrible storm shatters the peace of his tropical island home, a young boy named Sora is set adrift from his world and his friends, Riku and Kairi. Meanwhile, Disney Castle is in an uproar when it is discovered that King Mickey has gone missing, leaving it up to Court Wizard Donald and Captain Goofy to find him! When Sora, in search of his friends, and Donald and Goofy, in search of their king, cross paths, their fateful encounter will change the destiny of the universe forever!

Barnes & Noble | Amazon | RightStuf

KINGDOM HEARTS: FINAL MIX Volume 2
Page Count: 304
Price: $12 USD
Release Date: May 28th 2013

Sora, a young boy who lives a peaceful life on his tropical island home, is set adrift when a horrible storm wrecks the world he loves and separates him from his friends, Riku and Kairi. In another world, the Disney castle is in chaos when King Mickey goes missing, and it's up to Donald, the court magician, and Goofy, the captain of the army, to find their king. When both Sora and the King's allies happen upon each other and learn that the ills that have befallen their worlds are the doing of dark beings without hearts known as the Heartless, the three recent acquaintances take up arms together in an epic quest to travel to unknown worlds, set those worlds right, and find their friends!!

Barnes & Noble | Amazon | RightStuf

Source: PREVIEWS World [1][2]

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Eh. just the covers from the original Vol. 1 and Vol. 4. Slightly disappointing, though I expected as much. Something about the colors looks very off. Probably just terrible JPEG compression tho.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Eh. just the covers from the original Vol. 1 and Vol. 4. Slightly disappointing, though I expected as much. Something about the colors looks very off. Probably just terrible JPEG compression tho.

It's definitely the JPEG compression. These were the best we could find. At least it isn't the cover with Atlantica!Sora...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Still gotta preorder my copies.

And honestly, I'm sort of glad they recycled old artwork for these releases. Remember the last time there was new cover artwork for the KH manga?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Not sure if getting. Eh, probably not, I'm too poor to double dip. ;DX

Still gotta preorder my copies.

And honestly, I'm sort of glad they recycled old artwork for these releases. Remember the last time there was new cover artwork for the KH manga?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

images

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm disappointed that there's no new Amano art (wasn't really expecting it yet held a tiny bit of hope) BUT I am incredibly happy that they chose to use the covers from Volumes 1 and 4! The covers from Volumes 2 and 3 are just sort of "meh". Can't wait to get these next month. <3

MardukKurios

Is there some relevant change in the Manga because it's titled FINAL MIX?
Since I have the Ultimanias and they are listed as some Ad in the end I was always wondering if I miss out something great and funny.

Hope that someone can answer me this question! :3

Kenzichi

I want to know what's different about the regular manga and final mix as well. I'm going to get these anyway, so I guess I'll find out eventually lol. I still hope that they re-translated this. Some of the lame dialogue in tokyopop's translations are just...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is there some relevant change in the Manga because it's titled FINAL MIX?
Since I have the Ultimanias and they are listed as some Ad in the end I was always wondering if I miss out something great and funny.

Hope that someone can answer me this question! :3

There aren't any changes (besides typical corrections done to bounded volumes, and Yen Press translated everything from scratch so it is different from the original TokyoPop translations)

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Aw, I adore the Atlantica cover. It's so colorful, has good composition, and just makes me smile.

It'll be interesting to see any noteworthy changes in translations. I don't remember if there were (m)any discrepancies in the Tokyopop serialization. I haven't read those in a long time. Still, I'm glad Yen Press has decided to start from scratch.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
It's definitely the JPEG compression. These were the best we could find. At least it isn't the cover with Atlantica!Sora...

What you got against Atlantica?!?!?

Aw, I adore the Atlantica cover. It's so colorful, has good composition, and just makes me smile.

I agree...Atlantica needs some love lol It seems like it is always that world that is never that well received haha

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I was hoping for some new Amano artwork, but I was expecting that previous covers would be used.

Monkey D. Rocky

The Kingdom Hearts Manga is sooooo awesome. It's so funny and it was really unique experiencing the KH story in a different way. The KH Manga was the first Manga I've ever owned and I cannot wait to read it again...cause I accidently lost my copies. Btw, is this version of the Manga any different from the original?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back