• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Yen Press to Resume Publication of KINGDOM HEARTS Manga!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Announced today at their panel at Sakura-Con in Seattle, Washington, Yen Press graced the KINGDOM HEARTS community with some fantastic news: that they'd be resuming the publication of Shiro Amano's beloved manga adaptation of the series!

Those of you who are familiar with it may remember that Tokyopop had originally taken the Kingdom Hearts manga under its wing with the release of the first volume on October 11, 2005. They released all four volumes of the original KINGDOM HEARTS, both of CHAIN OF MEMORIES and the first two volumes of KINGDOM HEARTS II until 2008, when they abruptly ceased publication.

Instead of picking up where they left off, Yen Press revealed that they would be starting over anew. The release of the two volumes of KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX in May 2014 2013, with CHAIN OF MEMORIES following the next month as one volume in June 2014 2013. They've also revealed that they have the rights to both KINGDOM HEARTS II and 358/2 Days, and will release the first volume of 358/2 Days in November 2013, the first release of the series's manga adaptation under their supervision.

Update (4-1-2013): It appears that the publishing dates for KINGDOM HEARTS and CHAIN OF MEMORIES were reported incorrectly by Anime News Network. The transcript of the Yen Press panel at Sakura-Con 2013 shows that the two KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX volumes will release May 2013 and CHAIN OF MEMORIES will follow June 2013!

Following CHAIN OF MEMORIES will be the KINGDOM HEARTS II manga, as well as the KINGDOM HEARTS Artbook which contains illustrations by manga artist Shiro Amano. All of this will lead in to the release of 358/2 Days in November. Thanks to forum member lys for the tip! 

Update 2 (4-5-2013): Shiro Amano: The Artwork of KINGDOM HEARTS will be released October 29th for $25 USD.

Source: Animenewsnetwork [2], Sakura-Con 2013 Yen Press Panel Transcript

SilenceTheTardis

This is great news! I'm only missing CoM Part 2, so this should be my chance to pick it up.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I wanted them to pick it up since forever! Yen Press is my favorite manga publisher. They can be pretty expensive but now I can rebuy KH and CoM as the omnibus (I have them all stored away for safekeeping) and THEY ARE STARING DAYS IN NOVEMBER AHHHHHHH *CRYING*

That Muggle Geek

Holy crap, certainly wasn't expecting this at all! I'm very glad though, I'd given up hope of ever seeing another volume of the manga being brought stateside!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
CAN'T BREATHE IS THIS REAL LIFE

And they're starting with Days! In November! ahreuwalrhfauilwehawlehl SO EXCITE

Kenzichi

You have no idea how freakin' excited I am about this! I have a few volumes already, but I'll collect these two to support. I'm just happy that 365/2 Days is being released in November!!!!

Last edited:

Khsoranartuo98

Yes!
I have been looking for The kingdom hearts manga online for ages , but I can only find it in german.
I really want to add my favorite series to my manga collection.
:wink::smile::biggrin:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You have no idea how freakin' excited I am about this! I have a few volumes already, but I'll collect these two to support. I'm just happy that 365/2 Days is being released in November!!!!

365/2? xD (don't worry ANN also typed it wrong in their article)

Well, since they are staring fresh they might also update the translations so it def won't hurt to pick it up

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
;A; I've been waiting forever for this to happen! Now I can get back to adding the manga to my bookshelves!
If they could pick up the novels at some point, I will explode with happiness. But I'll take what I can get now :3

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm curious as to why they are starting with Days? I cannot wait but I kind of wish they did KH2 Volume 3 first since that is where Tokyopop left off. Either way, GO POINTER SISTERS!!!

[video=youtube;g6A6pMO_WKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6A6pMO_WKM[/video]

Okay, back on topic, the CoM manga are going to be the exact same one that Tokyopop released, right? I'll probably rebuy them to have the set from Yen Press but I cannot wait ^_^

Now I'm curious if they or anyone else would ever publish the novels stateside???

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm curious as to why they are starting with Days? I cannot wait but I kind of wish they did KH2 Volume 3 first since that is where Tokyopop left off.

Okay, back on topic, the CoM manga are going to be the exact same one that Tokyopop released, right? I'll probably rebuy them to have the set from Yen Press but I cannot wait ^_^

Now I'm curious if they or anyone else would ever publish the novels stateside???

Because they said they are staring fresh, but know people have already probably read KH, CoM, and the piece of KH2. Days is the newest work so it is easier to start from there, finish it, and hopefully by time they get Days, KH, and CoM out KH2 will be 100% done in Japan. They will probably start KH2 in 2014 so...yeah it's a very logical setup.

It should be assumed that they plan to retranslate so while they might be the same it might be a bit different.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I've had the eight American volumes sitting on my shelf for God knows how long.

Finally​ I can hope for a complete set.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I have all the KH1 volumes and both CoM. None of them are in great condition though, so I'll probably pick all of these up (hopefully they're not too expensive though).

Wonder why they are waiting so long to release KH1 and CoM. I mean, why Days first? Oh well, still cool to see these are coming stateside.

Now if some company decides to pick up the novels....

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have all the KH1 volumes and both CoM. None of them are in great condition though, so I'll probably pick all of these up (hopefully they're not too expensive though).

Wonder why they are waiting so long to release KH1 and CoM. I mean, why Days first? Oh well, still cool to see these are coming stateside.

Now if some company decides to pick up the novels....

"Days is the newest work so it is easier to start from there"

It's the newest meaning the most relevant. Also with 1.5 coming out around the same time there should be a good amount of interest over it. Translating and printing omnibuses take longer, also because Kingdom Hearts and CoM were already fully released in the past. They aren't high on their list of priorities because of that. People have already had the chance to read it if they picked them up years ago, while the Days manga has never been released outside of Japan before.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Congrats to our fellow US-Fans that they finally get access to the Manga again as well. ^__^

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
-cries glorious tears of joy- This... this is so BEAUTIFUL! I have every KH manga, and had given up hope of ever getting new ones, but now-

Gah! Now I can see glorious scenes like Riku throwing a paopu at Sora so he'll know he's in The Land of Dragons, Xion and Pluto being the cutest thing ever, etc. Oh my gosh, is this real?! YES! More heart and comedy (and sometimes better explanations about things) to the series, here I come!

BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what is this talk about a Kingdom Hearts Final Mix manga. Will there be- Will there be more added to it?!

Oh, Easter is a new beginning and life, after all!

-continues to cry merrily-

Edit: I just remembered that Roxas is going to be talking to Demyx about "flipping girls switches"... Yes, I can indeed die happy. Hilarity take me now! YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back