• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Mobile Ending on April 30

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

For those of you unaware, KINGDOM HEARTS Mobile, only available on the Docomo Prime Series P-01A mobile phone like the original KINGDOM HEARTS coded, was a social hub where one could play and interact with other players in a KINGDOM HEARTS-like setting. Here, players could experience minigames and download and purchase KH-themed add-ons for their phone, such as wallpapers, notifications and ringtones, or extra costume pieces for their avatar. It is not relevant to the main storyline.

It was a Japanese-exclusive title, and as such, most of the western community didn't care for it. Most players know of it's name as the origin of the KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded Avatar Menu and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy art style. Those who did acknowledge it admired from afar, yearning for the adorable avatars, the wallpapers, the ringtones, to someday make it overseas in some way shape or form. The opportunity to experience this world with other players who shared in their same interests seemed like a distant dream. After all, we know the difficulty of even passing by another fan in the same town all too painfully well. Even thinking about it seems so utterly farfetched.

That was what KH Mobile had accomplished. To the community, even if we didn't realize it or didn't care for it because it wouldn't be made available to us, it is, regardless, a very big deal. This was an obstacle that they had overcome, a milestone they had accomplished. 

KINGDOM HEARTS Mobile debuted on December 18, 2008. After almost 4 years, the game will end on April 30, 2013.

Square Enix has sent out a notice to all players, and thanks to Zephyr, you can read it below:

There is an important announcement for everyone.

We’ve started the service for KINGDOM HEARTS Mobile in December 2008 and it will end April 20, 2013.

In addition, we will stop accepting new registrations March 31, 2013.

Also, to tell participants ahead of time, points that have been gained will disappear at the same time at the end of the service.

On behalf of our staff, I would like to thank everyone who has enjoyed KINGDOM HEARTS Mobile.

While there’s still little time remaining, we look forward to receiving your support regardless of KINGDOM HEARTS Mobile’s future. Thank you.

Source: ArikaMiz

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Aww, that's sad. :(
Why is it ending?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Aww it's sad Mobile is ending soon. Maybe they're putting their services' attention towards χ.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I wouldn't want to make a hasty assumption but they could have had declining usage of the community, the DoCoMo phone being pretty old in phone years, and KHX coming out soon.
Then they shouldnt've been so exclusive with it and updated for other phones.

I didn't even really know about this and I'm still sad it's ending...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Hmmm...I would feel really sad right now but I've never even played it so I'm not shocked. Just like KHChi, they will end eventually, social games can't be supported forever (well they can, but it won't really make smart from a business-perspective to run them for millenniums haha xD). Oh well, it must have been nice while it was around ^_^

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Hmmm...I would feel really sad right now but I've never even played it so I'm not shocked. Just like KHChi, they will end eventually, social games can't be supported forever (well they can, but it won't really make smart from a business-perspective to run them for millenniums haha xD). Oh well, it must have been nice while it was around ^_^
And this is why people don't like things like bdlive; because they rarely last long.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
It makes me kind of sad KH Mobileis ending even though I have never played it. I remember when it was announced and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back