• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU -Live Remix- Promo Art!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It's certainly been a while since our last THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU update. Although we love all the amazing remixes and arrangements Composer Takeharu Ishimoto produces and shares with us, I'm sure we'd all like a refreshing break from these fine tunes. In that case, how about a new piece of artwork?

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU Live Remix was featured in the latest issue of Famitsu Weekly, accompanied by a brand new promotional artwork by Tetsuya Nomura! For those of you who don't remember, Live Remix is a mobile social game developed by GREE in which teams of Players defeat Noise and accomplish missions together with a competing team. It has still yet to be released, but many are looking forward to it eagerly and hope it'll soon reach western shores!

Source: ArikaMiz

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Cool artwork just for a small mobile game, at least you can tell they are putting effort into the game

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Hmm... (totally sounding like Joshua now), I really do like this, but... IDK. The style is quite different, I guess? And in some ways, I think the Neku and Shiki images have sort of been done a lot (maybe I'm just remembering fanart, but)...

And though it's true Joshua uses that pose a lot, too... Well, somehow he's making it look fresh, and is completely stealing the show. Neku and Shiki: not so much. But I guess that's Joshua for you.

Don't get me wrong! I actually like this, and like that it seems more... raw than some of Nomura's other work? Anyway, this is me just thinking out loud, so ignore me for the most part. LOL.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hmm... (totally sounding like Joshua now), I really do like this, but... IDK. The style is quite different, I guess? And in some ways, I think the Neku and Shiki images have sort of been done a lot (maybe I'm just remembering fanart, but)...

And though it's true Joshua uses that pose a lot, too... Well, somehow he's making it look fresh, and is completely stealing the show. Neku and Shiki: not so much. But I guess that's Joshua for you.

Don't get me wrong! I actually like this, and like that it seems more... raw than some of Nomura's other work? Anyway, this is me just thinking out loud, so ignore me for the most part. LOL.

I get ya! xD The TWEWY quickies have generally been more "raw" than we've come to expect.

When I read "LIVE Remix" on the image, I saw "LIVER"

CANNOT UNSEE

I wonder if Shiki's appearance on this artwork means that she might also become playable alongside Neku, Joshua and Beat.

Awards
JOSHUA why you always so sassy

with your little hair-flip pose

yeah I see you

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
That's a great point, Sign! I'd forgotten that they hadn't said whether or not Shiki was playable. I certainly hope so, because it would be pretty sexist if she wasn't (kidding! for the most part...), but I really would like to play Shiki. Rhyme, too, actually. But I'm not getting my hopes up for her, if we don't even know about Shiki yet.

But I feel KH has totally spoiled me on the "multiple playable characters thing" lately. If nothing else, I hope we get a ton of cool Shiki scenes (like the epic shorts one), and possibly some NeShiki going on.

Does anyone know exactly when this is coming out? I'm surprised we haven't heard more about it lately. I'm really looking forward to it, tbh. And am even debating buying a phone just to play it... I'm such a dedicated KH and TWEWY fan (and FF too, really).

All I have to say, is that if I do buy a phone to play it, it better be littered with TWEWY 2 hints! Or, at least, some Hype-Chan stuff going on.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Unfortunately no. We haven't gotten any TWEWY news in ages, asides from a few awesome remixes from the composer (no pun intended). I want to think we can expect some in the near future since Koko was implemented into Solo Remix! (Finally found her too. Just standing around at the scramble)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's a great point, Sign! I'd forgotten that they hadn't said whether or not Shiki was playable. I certainly hope so, because it would be pretty sexist if she wasn't (kidding! for the most part...), but I really would like to play Shiki. Rhyme, too, actually. But I'm not getting my hopes up for her, if we don't even know about Shiki yet.

But I feel KH has totally spoiled me on the "multiple playable characters thing" lately. If nothing else, I hope we get a ton of cool Shiki scenes (like the epic shorts one), and possibly some NeShiki going on.

Does anyone know exactly when this is coming out? I'm surprised we haven't heard more about it lately. I'm really looking forward to it, tbh. And am even debating buying a phone just to play it... I'm such a dedicated KH and TWEWY fan (and FF too, really).

All I have to say, is that if I do buy a phone to play it, it better be littered with TWEWY 2 hints! Or, at least, some Hype-Chan stuff going on.

It's a GREE social game. These kinds of things don't usually get a lot of attention.

I don't think there is a storyline considering the social aspect is the main component of the game.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
It's a GREE social game. These kinds of things don't usually get a lot of attention.

I don't think there is a storyline considering the social aspect is the main component of the game.

Oh, really? Well, that's... disappointing. I'll have to watch a walkthrough, then (hopefully someone will post one) before deciding if it's worth it or not. Huh.

I could have sworn I heard somewhere that it had a slight story, though, but I might be getting it confused with other things; I definitely shouldn't assume things. (Especially after what happened with FF: All the Bravest; wasn't that GREE, too?)

Nonetheless, it would be pretty cool, if there was something about TWEWY 2 in this, even if it's just a longer "secret ending" with Hype-Chan.

And if they added the chance to play as, or at least see, real Shiki in this game, that would also be greatly appreciated. I want to see her face, dang it! Maybe TWEWY 2 if/when that comes out. (And it had better, and they better not ruin the Shiki arc, and have her as Eri-Shiki for some dumb reason.)

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
AAAAAH, that's all I will ever see now when I see this poster. THANKS SPOCK, BUDDY 'OL PAL

Same here, and I'm so new to The World Ends With You, but I liked them in D.D.D. :)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Solo Remix is out, yes. But that is an iOS port of the original game, whereas Live Remix is a social game where you play in teams of 20 against another team to defeat Noise, complete missions, rack up points, you get the idea.

All these Remixes have become a bit confusing.

Setsugekka

Uhm, does it state anywhere in that article that the image was created by Nomura? It looks a lot more like Gen Kobayashi's style to me. Kobayashi was responsible for the minor characters's designs in the original game and also created the new girl from Live Remix, Koko. He also did a huge amount of promotional art for the game, and almost all new TWEWY art (save for the teaser image at the end of Solo Remix) was done by him.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Sorry Joshua, but even you take a back seat to the god that is Mr. Mew ^_^ The day Mr. Mew becomes playable and he turns out to be this real tall, deep-voiced person will be the day I can say TWEWY beat KH in my eyes (highly unlikely lmao xD).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back