• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

17 days before the Second Anniversary of KH Chi : Unchained Chi Launch Date for EEUU & Japan ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxialstarOA

Kingdom-Hearts-Unchained-Chi-Ann.jpg

I personally think that the game will come soon. Even though in the trailer of the game there was the Now In Development, they showcased a lot of things in the trailer from all the worlds of the game. The only thing that I saw it was still in Japanese was the names of the ennemies but aside from that, it seemed that the rest was kind of ready.

Plus there's the fact that in two weeks and two days there will be the aniversary of the original game, so there will be an event for it ( I guees ) . Seems like they will be making the same event as the first year, being Mickey, Donald and Goofy making a cameo in Daybreak Town and help them to fix their gummi ship. Maybe they extend it or something, I don't know.

Also, in the trailer of Chi, we see this event, so... is it possible that they will release the game according to the release date of the original game? I think it's possible since Nomura said they were betatesting in America ... I hope they're polishing up things.​

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Re: 17 days before the Second Anniversary of KH Chi : Unchained Chi Launch Date for EEUU & Japan ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear I read in one of the Famitsu interviews concerning Unchained chi that Nomura stated that the story update for the second anniversary of PC chi would be very special and revealing, so I doubt it would only be something as small as another Mickey mission.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: 17 days before the Second Anniversary of KH Chi : Unchained Chi Launch Date for EEUU & Japan ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear I read in one of the Famitsu interviews concerning Unchained chi that Nomura stated that the story update for the second anniversary of PC chi would be very special and revealing, so I doubt it would only be something as small as another Mickey mission.
I can't say I recall this being said.

The previous anniversary event (actually, all event cutscenes) are sorted under the "side story" tab in the Theater.

However, the 2nd Anniversary is apparently getting a "prologue" in this week's update. So maybe it will be something big.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, Nomura unfortunately made no mentions of the second anniversary of Chi in his interviews due to like 95% of them having been about FF7R and KH3.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

I'm not sure why there wasn't a release date given for the game but couldn't it be the case that they wait until the story of [chi] is finished so they don't have to update Unchained accordingly, release a finished game so to speak?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

I'm not sure why there wasn't a release date given for the game but couldn't it be the case that they wait until the story of [chi] is finished so they don't have to update Unchained accordingly, release a finished game so to speak?
In a game like this, that would severely cut the longevity of the game.

We also have no idea when the story will wrap up (we get one story update a month now), and there would be little incentive for Japanese players to get Unchained if the story is already finished.

Anyway, it's already been said that, with the release of Unchained, the Foretellers will begin making their move. So the story will definitely still be in-progress when it releases.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

In a game like this, that would severely cut the longevity of the game.

We also have no idea when the story will wrap up (we get one story update a month now), and there would be little incentive for Japanese players to get Unchained if the story is already finished.
You're right of course, but from my understanding of the interviews [chi] and Unchained are basically for different audiences. Also Nomura doesn't expect Unchained to have the same success as [chi] (meaning less money from in-app purchases than from premium packages).
We still don't know exactly how the gameplay of Unchained will work but personally I could only imagine that the delay is caused by SE's unwillingness to release competitive products on the one hand (because these two games are if they divide the user base) and an unfinished product on the other hand that may even cost them money in the long run when it can't sustain itself (because of updates etc.).

Also, with the current worlds present, the game's story will probably be finished in half a year. There wasn't any major gameplay feature announced or implemented (in contrary, the dungeon mode was probably cut) and that means the Keyblade maximum level will be 50 and we won't see a new rarity after SR+ Ultimate (although 3rd Rebirth is probably still an option).

Anyway, it's already been said that, with the release of Unchained, the Foretellers will begin making their move. So the story will definitely still be in-progress when it releases.
Could you link that interview, I think I haven't read that before.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Yeah, Nomura unfortunately made no mentions of the second anniversary of Chi in his interviews due to like 95% of them having been about FF7R and KH3.
No, no, I was referring to this interview, back when KH Unchained chi was first announced. But after taking another read, the detail I mentioned about the second anniversary ins't there. lol

Not a chance. Nomura said he had intention of releasing both KHs chi and Unchained chi simultaneously. Years later, it's happening and their meant to coexist, as in, for players to (excuse the redundancy) play both games since they're supposed to complement each other.

We still don't know exactly how the gameplay of Unchained will work but personally I could only imagine that the delay is caused by SE's unwillingness to release competitive products on the one hand (because these two games are if they divide the user base) and an unfinished product on the other hand that may even cost them money in the long run when it can't sustain itself (because of updates etc.).
Just back in May they were testing the gameplay here in the North American region. Plus they were also considering setting-up another server. Both of these considerations take a lot of time to manage.
But personally, I'm expecting this game to be released before September.

Awards

I was really hoping it'd be released at E3 or shortly thereafter. All we can do is wait I suppose. Also if the games are supposed to exist simultaneously than does that mean we'll start with all of the stories up to this date available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back