• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

14th member seems pointless; spoilers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
They wouldn't include her if she wasn't relevant to the overall story, durr.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

She is relevant to the story now that she exists.

Not before.

If you take her out, she wouldn't make a dent considering we already got KH2 just fine without her, along with the proper memory explanations on Sora. And in the end, nobody gives a damn about her in the future unless they got memory wiped, apparently. Or else, it gives the question of why no one ever bothered to care afterwards when she's gone. Some "friends" those are.

Obviously, if you're going to pull some 14th member out of your ass, you better make sense of her in the actual game, and fit her into it, or else fans will be pissed [not that they aren't now]. Which is what they are going to do.

It just doesn't stop her from being the complete unnecessary add-on.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

So you're saying that making a 14th member to get Roxas to leave even though the reason he left is established in KH2 was necessary?

She is relevant to the story now that she exists.

Not before.

If you take her out, she wouldn't make a dent considering we already got KH2 just fine without her, along with the proper memory explanations on Sora. And in the end, nobody gives a damn about her in the future unless they got memory wiped, apparently. Or else, it gives the question of why no one ever bothered to care afterwards when she's gone. Some "friends" those are.

Obviously, if you're going to pull some 14th member out of your ass, you better make sense of her in the actual game, and fit her into it, or else fans will be pissed [not that they aren't now]. Which is what they are going to do.

It just doesn't stop her from being the complete unnecessary add-on.

this
For once, your long winded-ness comes in handy.

Shadowlight

You have good points.
But at least she has a personality.
The fact that she has a key blade made me think they were on sale or something. T_T
But as I said, PERSONALITY.

Papou

You have good points.
But at least she has a personality.
The fact that she has a key blade made me think they were on sale or something. T_T
But as I said, PERSONALITY.

Who in KH does not have a personality? Besides, having a personality doesn't earn her points because she's whiny and helpless and any interesting parts of her have been stolen from Roxas, thus nullifying the interesting.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Maybe she's an incarnation of Ven.
Notice how all the suck ass characters look like other people?

Xion look like Kairi and Xion sucks dick with a Keyblade.
Ven looks like Roxas and Ven is equally, if not moreso trash.

Papou

Xion = Aqua LOL.

Maybe she's an incarnation of Ven.
Notice how all the suck ass characters look like other people?

Xion look like Kairi and Xion sucks dick with a Keyblade.
Ven looks like Roxas and Ven is equally, if not moreso trash.

....how does that make her an incarnation of Ven?

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Who in KH does not have a personality? Besides, having a personality doesn't earn her points because she's whiny and helpless and any interesting parts of her have been stolen from Roxas, thus nullifying the interesting.

Actually, her personality reminds me of Kairi's attitude when you think about it. She seems kind of snippy, and active. Except more emo.

Whether that's a good or bad thing, I don't know.

this
For once, your long winded-ness comes in handy.

=3

towerofpowerx

The problem with a prequel to an existing game, and a prequel with deep connections to the already existing game at that, is that to keep it interesting you sometimes need to make new and, yes, potentially unnecessary elements in the prequel that gamers don't know about and therefore won't expect, otherwise what incentive do we have to play a game when we already know everything that's going to happen in it? The latest example I can think of is FFVII: Crisis Core, and more specifically, Angeal, Zack's mentor. In the grand scheme of things Angeal wasn't that important, at least when you look at the later games, but in the context of Crisis Core by itself Angeal was a very pivotal character, don't you agree? And that's not even mentioning Genesis, yet another never-before-mentioned character who had a powerful role to play. Oh yeah, I'm not counting Xion out 'till the fat lady sings, and maybe not even then :)

Fuyu

I really don't like Xion. Really.
She's like ripped of from some fanfiction!
Keyblade, great relationship to Roxas and Axel, even Riku.

All we really need, is that her element would be something as original as darkness.

I really hope, that the game itself proves me wrong and shows some quality.. : <

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
It makes me wish we could somehow keep this up, and then when 358/2 Days, to see how our views change. If they will.

Because to me, Xion's plot is already given. She comes in, makes BFFs with Roxas, and supposedly, Axel, spends time with them together, lots of lolz, and stealing of their special spot, missions, than the emoness comes of "Who I am?" or "what about my friends?", she whines, and cries, which is rehash Roxas 2.0, pushes Roxas away in depression, then Axel or something who ends up attacking her, more drama, we find out who she is along all that, then she disappears.

Yeah.

All we need is how the hell did she came into existence.

Papou

It makes me wish we could somehow keep this up, and then when 358/2 Days, to see how our views change. If they will.

Because to me, Xion's plot is already given. She comes in, makes BFFs with Roxas, and supposedly, Axel, spends time with them together, lots of lolz, and stealing of their special spot, missions, than the emoness comes of "Who I am?" or "what about my friends?", she whines, and cries, which is rehash Roxas 2.0, pushes Roxas away in depression, then Axel or something who ends up attacking her, more drama, we find out who she is along all that, then she disappears.

Yeah.

All we need is how the hell did she came into existence.

Sounds about right. I hope TN meant it when he said that the trailer is misleading. If it turns out to be what it looks like I'm going to be really disappointed because this takes away a lot from the potential of character development for the established Organization members, which I had thought was going to be one of the main points of the game. The trailer also makes it look to me that Xion is now as important, if not more important than any other character to Roxas's story, which annoys me. Why give this role to a character who comes totally out of nowhere and then disappears to the extent that nobody even remembers her?

Last edited:

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
I honestly don't care. I'm going to play the game and in all likeliness enjoy it. Besides, just because Xion is included doesn't mean that other interesting points and character development for the rest of the Org. isn't going to happen.

HeartlesGuardian

Foreshadowing cannot exist unless you know the before AND after events...

And as tower said it (in a none blob of text) games can introduce characters and still have effect. FF7:CC is a perfect example of that with Angeal. Also, I noticed when I played it I got to know the characters alot better in FF7. I hated Cloud even more after playing CC cause he was such a pansy. Or hell, Xion could pull a Genesis and not really be dead and come back in KH3/Coded!

Getting back to the point, if Xion wasn't in the game, we would know how it goes. Roxas joins Org. He hunts Heartless. OH SNAP, Riku rick-rolls him and KH2 starts. Bringing in a new character brings a new plot, which is what they are making, A NEW PLOT!

Xion's appearance in the game COULD just be a filler, but for everyone thinking "She's just a filler", there is alot to fill. Without Xion 358/2 seems more like a fanfic then a actual KH game.

Kiwise

Even if she is a plot device though, I think the audience
will enjoy following her story since she is so interesting and mysterious.

Xemnas is interesting and mysterious.
So's Saïx. And Marluxia. And Larxene. And Luxord, Zexion, Demyx, Xigbar, and, y'know, all the other people supposedly featured in this game. Seems like they've now been reduced to making occasional cameos.

Seeing as how all of them were already there and already important, I would much rather have followed their stories. Especially since I'm already interested in them, I already know and like them, and they are the reason why I'm so excited about the game. But I have no reason to care about Xion. She was never mentioned before this, she didn't need to be. The plot and the characters got along just fine without her.

(Not directed specifically at you, Key of Valor. XP)

I don't really know what to think about Xion, really. I'm sure it'll turn out that she was crucial to everything that ever happened in KH2, and blah blah blah, whatever, but it doesn't make her any less unnecessary and (to me, anyway) unwanted.

One thing really worries me. I was already convinced that this game was going to be about Roxas and Axel, and everyone else can go wait patiently in a corner until the game's over. Then Xion comes along and steals the already-stolen spotlight. The rest of the Org. will now be receiving even less character development. Well. Damn.

Destati

Website
www.myspace.com
I really hope it won't be disappointing, that's all. I don't like Xion already, considering it feels like they're trying to duplicate Sora's original trio of friendship, despite Axel not being much like Riku in ways.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Foreshadowing cannot exist unless you know the before AND after events...

And as tower said it (in a none blob of text) games can introduce characters and still have effect. FF7:CC is a perfect example of that with Angeal. Also, I noticed when I played it I got to know the characters alot better in FF7. I hated Cloud even more after playing CC cause he was such a pansy. Or hell, Xion could pull a Genesis and not really be dead and come back in KH3/Coded!

Getting back to the point, if Xion wasn't in the game, we would know how it goes. Roxas joins Org. He hunts Heartless. OH SNAP, Riku rick-rolls him and KH2 starts. Bringing in a new character brings a new plot, which is what they are making, A NEW PLOT!

Xion's appearance in the game COULD just be a filler, but for everyone thinking "She's just a filler", there is alot to fill. Without Xion 358/2 seems more like a fanfic then a actual KH game.

Angeal is different from Xion in a lot of ways. Not everything in CC revolved around him. Or gets thrown around him. In the scans, as well as Genesis, his contribution wasn't above any other character. They don't suddenly, while important, get half the characters's attention. He didn't destroy dynamics that were already established, because Zack was already dead by FF7, and the rest of the other people that have witness him were gone from the main game that comes after it. Sephiroth was took screwed as well. And we never really got to see anything in the past that included Zack in the first place. Along with that, CC didn't have that much characters to deal with, like 10 plus to develop, and whose screen time is now lowered because of this. Angeal was a mentor, and he wasn't some unknown, lost member that had broke the XIII, in what seems to be Organization XIII. And Angeal and Genesis weren't exactly Gary Stus either.

With Xion, it's like everyone knows she existed, and they ALL appeared in a sequel after, and yet, no one, not even Roxas and Axel themselves, considering that Roxas never stated his reason for leaving was her, apparently, never bothered mention her, and they were "friends"? That she was so important to Sora's memories, and yet, Naminé, Diz, nor Riku, ever mentioned her either? That the explanations in KH2, were just fine without needing to add her in it? They have to explain a lot of this, and I'm starting to doubt it was memory wipe, because now Roxas is talking about Xion disappearing, and Axel and Roxas waiting for her. And that's the problem. She comes in randomly, and now she's everyone's best friend?

I know they needed a plot in there so it wouldn't be just Organization, and every day lives. But that's the best they can do? Some retcon? CC was just handled better. And all Nomura did was character designs. It was a different staff as well. And thank God it was.

And you...and you don't think this smells of a bad fanfic no matter if there is a 14th or not? I mean, every fanfiction that want a mysterious 14th member has been done.

One thing really worries me. I was already convinced that this game was going to be about Roxas and Axel, and everyone else can go wait patiently in a corner until the game's over. Then Xion comes along and steals the already-stolen spotlight. The rest of the Org. will now be receiving even less character development. Well. Damn.

That's my overall problem with this. I could care less how a random character gets to be so important. I am going to be so pissed if this gets in the way of the other actual members.

That's my main beef. The Organization. There's barely been a whiff of the CoM members at all. This game better bring what it is made for, according to Nomura. If most of the time it's wasted on her...

HeartlesGuardian

Org 13 is set up to be mysterious. We're going to learn about the original 6 members in BBS because of their Somebodies being Ansem's apprentices, and that will influence their nobodies.

And its not like Xion is "Stealing" the show. She's been shown in the trailers because we WANT to know about her. Imagine how many more "I wonder who Xion is" threads there would be if they HAVENT put the spotlight on her on the couple trailers we've seen. They're setting up suspense, we see this mysterious character, and we don't know enough about to know her, and we know enough about her to want to know more.

And you want to know more about the CoM members? They're dead within what? 7 days of the game? And the game is a year long. You won't get alot of information about them whether Xion was in the game or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back