• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

14th member seems pointless; spoilers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papou

FoKH? Why?

I was just being sarcastic about the comments people leave in half the threads here that say 'there's no point speculating, we should just wait until the games are out since we don't know enough'. It's extremely annoying.

UnbornLegacy358

The trailer has barely said much about her personality and everything, but well, everyone has their own opinions.
And it's true, really, we don't know enough. o_o

Papou

The trailer has barely said much about her personality and everything, but well, everyone has their own opinions.
And it's true, really, we don't know enough. o_o

I don't think it needs to say anything about her. The way she and the other characters interacted with each other annoyed me. I don't mind a character being helpless sometimes (physical helplessness is more acceptable than mental/emotional helplessness), but she just seems completely weak. What's more, everyone is worried about what she's doing and what's happening to her. She's turned Axel and Roxas into a trio, which sort of cheapens their relationship. I'm not going to talk about her being a ripoff of Roxas, because that's only what the trailer lets on.

These are just the things I got from the trailer. I'm jealous of those of you who are going to be able to go into this with no pre-formulated opinions.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
You're actually wrong there, tdc456. MANY have thought about her this way for a long while, including myself. Even in a rant, in LiveJournal, she was a discussion whether people would hate/dislike/complain about her if she was a boy. And the answer was, yes, simply because of her out of nowhere addition, the way she takes half the characters attention, the way she came out of left field, and now is this important, tragic boo hoo character, and that apparently, things are going to revolve around her for the most part. Gender doesn't matter. It's the placement of the character itself. They called her a Mary Sue, and/or Gary Stu.

The trailers have been focusing on her so much, that we actually, maybe, even have half the scenes she's in. And her personality and role keeps coming through. It's about time we formed our opinions because of the fact that we've been given so much about her overall except who she finally is. Whether that was a mistake on Nomura's part, it's his own.

The topic just finally managed to rear its head when someone had placed the thread where we all can discuss our opinions on this, and I agree with the OP.

Papou explained it better :p.

Actually, in my opinion, Xion's story is basically a rehash of Roxas's problem in KH2. About existence, own life, and leaving friends. It's like been there, done that, why add something like this again?

Roxas didn't need to leave the Organization because of Xion. IT WAS NEVER NEEDED. Just the fact that he had recurring dreams about Sora, nobody was telling him anything, he didn't know why he held this weapon, and that the more he stayed in the Organization, the more their true colors appear, as well as Axel, his supposed best friend, obviously keeping things from him, will make a character have the decision to leave in the end. And yes, that could be covered in a year. The Organization might've been alright in the beginning, until things started to make themselves apparent as he went on missions, etc. Xion was never needed for this. She never existed.

And as someone said, Roxas never mentioned her as his reason for having left.

Along with this fact, she doesn't have a role in the future game, and she disappears without no one, not even Axel or Roxas, deeming her important enough to care for or give a damn about to mention. Axel even said Roxas was the only one he liked, and suddenly, we have this new girl having something to do with him? I'm actually glad that he seems to have known from the beginning that Xion was not going to last, and that he could be playing along until the time was right, and especially that he appears to attack her when she was confronting Roxas. Otherwise, it would not make sense in its finest word.

And of course, people forgetting about her is the biggest cop out because they know her character is unnecessary. They just needed to add another Kairi looking clone. And recent scans, if most of you have seen, have shown what seems to be the aftermath of Xion's disappearance. We have Axel and Roxas in the TT tower waiting for her, while Axel is all "I know what happened, but I can't tell you, does that make me a bad friend? Grumble, grumble". We have Roxas shouting at the fact that the Organization doesn't care.

So, the whole "everyone forgot about her" excuse is looking dim.

I don't care much for Xion, nor would I be sad and pity her in the game because that is only to make the viewers favor her by sympathy [Axel did this too, but at least he was already there, and he has a more orignal story and depth] and take away the truth that she's a random filler. So they need people to like her.

But if she ends up taking screen time from the other Organization members, about 10 other ESTABLISHED characters that have more reason to be there and have their development than she does, she'll go her merry way for the first KH character on my hate list. It's enough that all the magazines and trailers are focusing on this "ooh, mystery", that we barely even hear a word of any CoM members. Having her take up the screen when it can be used for the rest is really disheartening. And stupid. I don't even understand where Nomura got this from unless he took pleasure in reading fanfiction.

I mean, never would I have believed this unknown 14th member Sue fics will have ever come through in canon. I can still remember my WTF.

ShamusC.

I hope everyone remembers that she has something to do with sora's memories that's what makes her a key character who interacts with his nobody

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
I hope everyone remembers that she has something to do with sora's memories that's what makes her a key character who interacts with his nobody

true....hmm...ok, i wish tetsuya planned her a little earlier so he could've given us some hint

H

Haxon

but she might have an imprtant role to some of the things in KH2 that we havent noticed and wint notince untill the game comes out

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
but she might have an imprtant role to some of the things in KH2 that we havent noticed and wint notince untill the game comes out

well tetsuya only planned BBS after kh2, then he planned on 358/2 days and coded after kh2 final mix. so we might not even catch that little hint in the normal one

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
358/2 is just a fan service game for all the Organization fanatics.

Of course it seems pointless.

This

@Karate: Oh, i'm sorry for not being smart, then. .___.

You're good. It doesn't mean you're dumb.

You're actually wrong there, tdc456. MANY have thought about her this way for a long while, including myself. Even in a rant, in LiveJournal, she was a discussion whether people would hate/dislike/complain about her if she was a boy. And the answer was, yes, simply because of her out of nowhere addition, the way she takes half the characters attention, the way she came out of left field, and now is this important, tragic boo hoo character, and that apparently, things are going to revolve around her for the most part. Gender doesn't matter. It's the placement of the character itself. They called her a Mary Sue, and/or Gary Stu.

uh-huh

The trailers have been focusing on her so much, that we actually, maybe, even have half the scenes she's in. And her personality and role keeps coming through. It's about time we formed our opinions because of the fact that we've been given so much about her overall except who she finally is. Whether that was a mistake on Nomura's part, it's his own.

The topic just finally managed to rear its head when someone had placed the thread where we all can discuss our opinions on this, and I agree with the OP.

Papou explained it better :p.

Actually, in my opinion, Xion's story is basically a rehash of Roxas's problem in KH2. About existence, own life, and leaving friends. It's like been there, done that, why add something like this again?

Roxas didn't need to leave the Organization because of Xion. IT WAS NEVER NEEDED. Just the fact that he had recurring dreams about Sora, nobody was telling him anything, he didn't know why he held this weapon, and that the more he stayed in the Organization, the more their true colors appear, as well as Axel, his supposed best friend, obviously keeping things from him, will make a character have the decision to leave in the end. And yes, that could be covered in a year. The Organization might've been alright in the beginning, until things started to make themselves apparent as he went on missions, etc. Xion was never needed for this. She never existed.

And as someone said, Roxas never mentioned her as his reason for having left.

Along with this fact, she doesn't have a role in the future game, and she disappears without no one, not even Axel or Roxas, deeming her important enough to care for or give a damn about to mention. Axel even said Roxas was the only one he liked, and suddenly, we have this new girl having something to do with him? I'm actually glad that he seems to have known from the beginning that Xion was not going to last, and that he could be playing along until the time was right, and especially that he appears to attack her when she was confronting Roxas. Otherwise, it would not make sense in its finest word.

And of course, people forgetting about her is the biggest cop out because they know her character is unnecessary. They just needed to add another Kairi looking clone. And recent scans, if most of you have seen, have shown what seems to be the aftermath of Xion's disappearance. We have Axel and Roxas in the TT tower waiting for her, while Axel is all "I know what happened, but I can't tell you, does that make me a bad friend? Grumble, grumble". We have Roxas shouting at the fact that the Organization doesn't care.

So, the whole "everyone forgot about her" excuse is looking dim.

I don't care much for Xion, nor would I be sad and pity her in the game because that is only to make the viewers favor her by sympathy [Axel did this too, but at least he was already there, and he has a more orignal story and depth] and take away the truth that she's a random filler. So they need people to like her.

But if she ends up taking screen time from the other Organization members, about 10 other ESTABLISHED characters that have more reason to be there and have their development than she does, she'll go her merry way for the first KH character on my hate list. It's enough that all the magazines and trailers are focusing on this "ooh, mystery", that we barely even hear a word of any CoM members. Having her take up the screen when it can be used for the rest is really disheartening. And stupid. I don't even understand where Nomura got this from unless he took pleasure in reading fanfiction.

I mean, never would I have believed this unknown 14th member Sue fics will have ever come through in canon. I can still remember my WTF.

though I agree that worthless trash is worthless, shut the hell up!
Did you write the script for DBZ?
Whoa, can't fight you; wind up in a flash back for 3 weeks.
XD

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
What is wrong with you people?
Xion is just part of the story.
Don't question Nomura. He will smite thee.
I doubt that any of you thought that way about her till this guy started this thread.
Most of you are just following the crowd.
Just accept that she exists and look forward to the new games.

i think we can question tetsuya nomura on the kingdom hearts, since he more into final fnatasy than a spin off of final fantasy +disney.

and of course disney is pretty demanding too, so that could be a reason why some of the story isnt that good. still i like Xion, but there is too much mystery behind her, i hope the game answer all of them. i think the game would have been just as good if there wasnt a 14th member. i bet it was only placed just to get us interested.

my opinion, not trying to follow the crowd

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
though I agree that worthless trash is worthless, shut the hell up!
Did you write the script for DBZ?
Whoa, can't fight you; wind up in a flash back for 3 weeks.
XD

But I liked DBZ.

>.>

Taking away its repetitiveness that is, but I don't remember if there ever was a retcon slipped into a already done with plot in the future.

If she is involved with soras memories and affected by them then.....

Spoiler Spoiler Show

You're kind of missing the point. She never needed to be that key.

Everything was just fine explaining in KH2 that Roxas was needed to make Sora have his memories back, and without him, it could not be completed. Hence, his role and why Diz wanted him. Nobody questioned it, because it didn't need to be questioned until recently with her, what used be, nonexistent self Xion. It's just rehash 2.0 even more now if she does have something to do more with Sora.

Once again, unnecessary.

It's like creating more questions and plot holes, when there weren't at all.

I understand they needed some spice to add to the plot of 358/2 Days so it may not seem like a Organization game for fans, yet I just think it was placed wrongly. And I keep wondering if that's the best they could come up with.

I'm not going to go full out at Xion, considering the game itself isn't out, but if what we are saying holds truth, then it is what it is.

A

Azrael

I do find Xion unnecessary but 358/2 Days is unnecessary since it's just fanservice for the Org. fanboys and fangirls.

Key of Valor

The Professor
I think Xion is more of a plot device to compliment Roxas' story.
I highly doubt that she would be important in any future installments
past KH'Days. Even if she is a plot device though, I think the audience
will enjoy following her story since she is so interesting and mysterious.

peachie

As is stands I see no apparent importance in Xion. I can only see her as an awkward insertion. Now this can change after the game comes out and I'm willing to give her a try, so I think it's too soon to judge her at this point.

Think of it this way, the KH series could have ended after kh2, because all the loose ends would have been tied. Everything was explained so I don't see why it is necessary go back and pick open wounds that have been healed.

The only way I can accept Xion as an important addition is if she is connect to BBS or KH3. That's it.

Problem is she depicts a lot of characteristics of a Mary sue, so it makes her seem unimportant.
In this case it's hard to tell whether or not Nomura is adding an important, necessary character that or adding a useless character. He's done it before after all (*cough* kairi *cough*). He's a hard man to predict.

Oh yeah, someone was mentioning "Xarmy"

Acronym of "Mary Sue" + x's = Xarmy Suxe KH: New Organization Member by *Risachantag on deviantART

legendaryriku

1. But if you even pay attention in KH1, you'd ask yourself 'where does the body go?' Those smart enough to realize, knew there were nobodies long before KH1 was over.

Ok umm no matter how smart you were you couldnt already know they were going to be Nobodies. You could be smart enough to know their is going to be another class of enemies, but not Nobodies specifically.

Awards
Ok umm no matter how smart you were you couldnt already know they were going to be Nobodies. You could be smart enough to know their is going to be another class of enemies, but not Nobodies specifically.

Another Side Another Story has hints at Nobodies in its quotes. And after KHFM was released, the concept was pretty much spelled out for us.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

Once I saw the guy in Traverse Town disappear, I literally asked myself 'what happens to the dude's body?'

Another Side Another Story has hints at Nobodies in its quotes. And after KHFM was released, the concept was pretty much spelled out for us.

Not that it was hard to figure out in KH1.

Considering the game isn't even out yet, dosn't it seem a little premature to say Xion is pointless to the plot?

No, because it's true. She wasn't needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back