• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Terranort is the fan name for apprentice Xehanort.

Now that is just plain stupid.
For the MX controlled Terra, then yes, I could see "Terranort" being a suiting name, as MX hadn't influenced Terra's body yet. But for apprentice Xehanort?

Terranort is commonly used to speak about apprentice Xehanort as to prevent confusion between the names of MX and Apprentice Xehanort.

I fail to see how MX, being Master Xehanort, and Xehanort, being Xehanort, would cause enough confusion to warrant Xehanort's name to be "fan changed".

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Now that is just plain stupid.
For the MX controlled Terra, then yes, I could see "Terranort" being a suiting name, as MX hadn't influenced Terra's body yet. But for apprentice Xehanort?

Apprentice Xehanort is called Terranort because it's MX in control of Terra's body pretty much.

I fail to see how MX, being Master Xehanort, and Xehanort, being Xehanort, would cause enough confusion to warrant Xehanort's name to be "fan changed".

Well it just simplifies their identities is all:

Master Xehanort = Old Man Xehanort

Terranort = Apprentice Xehanort

Xehanort's Heartless = Ansem seeker of darkness

Xemnas = Xehanort's nobody

Rikunort = Riku in the form of Xehanort's Heartless

It's just fan names is all.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
This is what I think:

I think he will for KH3 and then be gone for good.
Then we are going to learn that it was really some one else. (Maybe from the Keyblade War)

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Apprentice Xehanort is called Terranort because it's MX in control of Terra's body pretty much.

It's not just plain old Terra's body anymore.
MX has influenced it enough to also reflect him in it, thus, imo, making it both of their body.

I still fail to see how "Terranort" is a simpler way to identify the apprentice Xehanort than "Xehanort" is. We've called him "Xehanort" through four games.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
It's not just plain old Terra's body anymore.
MX has influenced it enough to also reflect him in it, thus, imo, making it both of their body.

True, MX's influence on Terra's body is obvious. But regardless, it is still for the most part Terra's body.

I still fail to see how "Terranort" is a simpler way to identify the apprentice Xehanort than "Xehanort" is. We've called him "Xehanort" through four games.

Because someone may say "Xehanort" and it's difficult to tell if they are refering to MX or to Apprentice Xehanort.

But if someone says "Terranort" it's easier to recognize that said person is talking about Apprentice Xehanort.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You have a point, but aqua could of beat Terranort either way. Keep in mind that Aqua was holding back in the fight between Terranort and her. So even if he was more experienced she would have still won the battle.

Bt they were both holding back. I'd say, if anything, they would match in battle. But Terranort would have won if it was just MX controlling Terra's body. But seeing as there was a power struggle and some heart stabbing, the playing field wasn't completely equal.

Master Xehanort = Old Man Xehanort

Terranort = Apprentice Xehanort

Xehanort's Heartless = Ansem seeker of darkness

Xemnas = Xehanort's nobody

Rikunort = Riku in the form of Xehanort's Heartless

It's just fan names is all.

I knew there were a lot of Xehanorts, but seeing the list just makes me wonder what the next Xehanort will be called. Or will we finally be able to say Xehanort?

Allister Rose

French Lover
Bt they were both holding back. I'd say, if anything, they would match in battle. But Terranort would have won if it was just MX controlling Terra's body. But seeing as there was a power struggle and some heart stabbing, the playing field wasn't completely equal.

I knew there were a lot of Xehanorts, but seeing the list just makes me wonder what the next Xehanort will be called. Or will we finally be able to say Xehanort?

probably xehanort in his final form, or seomthing. anyways either that or back to terranort

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Because someone may say "Xehanort" and it's difficult to tell if they are refering to MX or to Apprentice Xehanort.

That's why we have "MX" to refer to Master Xehanort. And I would think the context in which his name is used would be able to determine which Xehanort we are speaking about.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
That's why we have "MX" to refer to Master Xehanort. And I would think the context in which his name is used would be able to determine which Xehanort we are speaking about.

Look, I don't have control over what names the fandom creates for forms and characters. All I know is that "Terranort" has been used ever since it was revealed that apprentice Xehanort is MX's heart in control of Terra's body and soul. and it's been used since then to speak of apprentice Xehanort.

So yeah, it's just here now and it's a fan name. Nothing anyone can do about it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Not if somebody decides to mess around and give vague Xehanort references. Then saying Terranort and Rikunort helps out a lot.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Look, I don't have control over what names the fandom creates for forms and characters.

I am quite aware of that. I'm not blaming you, I'm just stating my opinion on the matter.

Nothing anyone can do about it.

Actually, yes, there is something that could be done about it.
Stop referring to Xehanort as "Terranort", though I have little faith in that actually happening.
Anyways, I'm done ranting on the matter.

Samhain

Bronze Member
The Terranort from BBS? No. Even if MX recovers his memories take control again, that Terranort specifically, the one that is MX's heart in control of Terra's body, imo, is gone for good.
From how I see it, Terra's body, from the end of BBS to the present, has undergone a change, influenced by MX's heart, that has transformed Terra's body into Terra and MX's body, in other words Xehanort the apprentice's body.
Xehanort, the one that became XH and Xemnas, will most definitely return. Whether or not he'll return with his memories, is unknown, though, regardless of whether or not he does, Xehanort will more than likely recover his memories in the end.
good point....

but i still believe
that the man we see in Kh3 will be "Xehanort: Ansem's Apprentice" at first with the brown eyes; the guy we see in the secret ending. his memories will not be recovered and then i believe throughout the game, Xehanort's memories will be recovered somehow and he'll transform back into what he was in BBS

Terra_becoming_xehanort.png

Terranort.

but why do you think Xehanort will not go back to that form that he was in BBS? i think it mite be possible.

what im basically saying is seperating both of the 'terranorts'. 1 with memories and 1 with no memories.

the 1 with no memories would be Xehanort: Ansem's Apprentice
110px-Xehanort-AnsemDesciple_CG.jpg

the 1 with memories would be Terranort the one we see in BBS

so for kh3 im predicting at first Xehanort as Ansem's apprentice with no memories and throughout the game he'll transform to the 1 with memories...

moonboy

Yes.
No.

IIRC it was said that if a Heartless and a Nobody were defeated then the Somebody could return-- so naturally it'll be Terranort.
And he most certainly will return with his memories (or will regain them some point after his return) seeing as his memories will help him go against Sora (seeing as KH3=the last of his Saga); he'll probably have all the memories of his Heartless, Nobody, his apprentice days and of course probably MX's memories.

I doubt the X-Blade or the Keyblade war would be mentioned if they weren't going to be shown and Terranort will probably be the one to bring them back-- and likely Vanitas may return (seeing as his Sentiment may be a hint to his return).
In fact he'll probably be more powerful than ever assuming he'll have the powers from his Heartless and Nobody to go along with Terranort's overall power. (This is a stretch but he may get an X-Blade if Terra's heat becomes one of pure light and his well...you know; unlikely though as Terra said he's no longer scared of the darkness.)

Samhain

Bronze Member
Yes.
No.

IIRC it was said that if a Heartless and a Nobody were defeated then the Somebody could return-- so naturally it'll be Terranort.
And he most certainly will return with his memories (or will regain them some point after his return) seeing as his memories will help him go against Sora (seeing as KH3=the last of his Saga); he'll probably have all the memories of his Heartless, Nobody, his apprentice days and of course probably MX's memories.

I doubt the X-Blade or the Keyblade war would be mentioned if they weren't going to be shown and Terranort will probably be the one to bring them back-- and likely Vanitas may return (seeing as his Sentiment may be a hint to his return).
In fact he'll probably be more powerful than ever assuming he'll have the powers from his Heartless and Nobody to go along with Terranort's overall power. (This is a stretch but he may get an X-Blade if Terra's heat becomes one of pure light and his well...you know; unlikely though as Terra said he's no longer scared of the darkness.)
so...uh...which one comes back?

Terranort - with the yellow eyes and Terra's hair style; the 1 we see mainly in BBS and a final boss

or
Xehanort: Ansem's Apprentice - brown eyes, Young MX hair style, scientist, seen only in the Secret Ending of BBS with Braig

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
that the man we see in Kh3 will be "Xehanort: Ansem's Apprentice" at first with the brown eyes; the guy we see in the secret ending. his memories will not be recovered and then i believe throughout the game, Xehanort's memories will be recovered somehow and he'll transform back into what he was in BBS

but why do you think Xehanort will not go back to that form that he was in BBS? i think it mite be possible.

Just because Xehanort recovers his memories doesn't mean his hair will suddenly shrink back to Terra's hairstyle and that all of MX's influences over the body will just suddenly revert. It doesn't make any sense why it would.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Okay, this guy:

Is the exact same person as this guy:

The only difference is that by the time he becomes Ansem's apprentice he has straigtened his hair a little more and now he has brown eyes instead of yellow eyes, and by the Ansem found him, Xehanort had lost his memories.

Now just because he lost his memories, it doesn't make these two, two completely different people. After all Sora lost his memories and he wasn't a different person, he was still Sora.

The yellow eyes probably turned to brown either because Terra and MX's hearts had merged or were merging, or because neither heart was in control of Terra's body after MX and Terra's memories and hearts were sealed.

In other words the two guys above are the same person. The name "Xehanort" and "Terranort" means the same thing, they are the same person.

I hope this makes it clear.

riku_kicks_butt

Ya. That memory master dude is right. I have no idea why in the world ppl would think its two different people.

And who did somebody refer to as Rikunort

EDIT: And I believe when they return to human form Terra and MX will seperate. and that both will get there original bodies back. Theyll probably play off how old MX is or something stupid. And Terra will ultimately defeat him

Samhain

Bronze Member
Okay, this guy:

Is the exact same person as this guy:

The only difference is that by the time he becomes Ansem's apprentice he has straigtened his hair a little more and now he has brown eyes instead of yellow eyes, and by the Ansem found him, Xehanort had lost his memories.

Now just because he lost his memories, it doesn't make these two, two completely different people. After all Sora lost his memories and he wasn't a different person, he was still Sora.

The yellow eyes probably turned to brown either because Terra and MX's hearts had merged or were merging, or because neither heart was in control of Terra's body after MX and Terra's memories and hearts were sealed.

In other words the two guys above are the same person. The name "Xehanort" and "Terranort" means the same thing, they are the same person.

I hope this makes it clear.
dude we all know this.

who the hell is separating them into 2 different ppl? im just seperating them to show the changes...not too 2 different ppl.
sure they're the same person but they still hav a bit of different features. that's all. lol.

its funny. if it wasnt suppose to be such a big deal then why the hell did nomura decide to make terranort look exactly like terra with just yellow eyes and xehanort with lost memories into different hair style and different eye color?

nomura culda just put Xehanort: the apprentice as we see in kh2 in BBS as our final boss but he didn't. why not? why make changes? >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back