• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

13 clashes to forge the X-Blade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Askelon

Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter Fated Encounter

To be honest, I thought the idea of the Seven Lights and 13 Darkness es cashing would have been something more "open-world" in the sense that they would have clashed in the Keyblade Graveyard all together at the same time, and the constant exchange between Lights and Darks in a specific place would accumulate a volume of energy that would rip open the barrier between the Realms of Light & Dark and darkness would start pouring its way into the Realm of Light and reveal Kingdom Hearts.

Otherwise, Master Xehanort telepathycally wieiding 13 No Name is Nomura's iteration of Ardyn and Armiger.

Same here, for a so called "war" it was disappointing. In the end it was just an arena battle, i expected something more chaotic.

Awards
Do we really need to do buffers and spoiler tags in the spoilers subforum still? I mean, it's spoilers subforum.

Anyway.

I was under the impression that Sora attacking MX at the end there was all that was needed as the 13th clash, and that's why MX excluded Sora from his Stopga spell. He wanted to have his final clash with no other interference. So basically, he forced Sora to attack him because no one else could. Immediately after that he opened Kingdom Hearts.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Do we really need to do buffers and spoiler tags in the spoilers subforum still? I mean, it's spoilers subforum.

It's out of respect for the community. Sometimes people accidentally wind up here. One wrong click and the show's spoiled. The game's not even a month old yet. Let's use spoiler tags. Some of us who have beaten the game still haven't seen the Secret Ending and are somewhat spoiled by non-tagged stuff.

I personally think having the spoiler section placed at the TOP of the forum is a flawed choice, because we can still see the titles for the subforum. Ugh.

To be honest, I thought the idea of the Seven Lights and 13 Darkness es cashing would have been something more "open-world" in the sense that they would have clashed in the Keyblade Graveyard all together at the same time, and the constant exchange between Lights and Darks in a specific place would accumulate a volume of energy that would rip open the barrier between the Realms of Light & Dark and darkness would start pouring its way into the Realm of Light and reveal Kingdom Hearts.

This is kind of what I was imagining as well. At least, having everyone on the field. The interaction would have been much more palpable. But since it was all segregated at the ill-paced KG, it felt [I]less[/I] like a clashing of 7 versus 13, aka recipe for the blade. I'd have appreciated the some sort of gauge, as their presence in KH is staple, or at least indicators via the environment that the 'crafting' was in process (crackling, light particles, something).

Personally, don't feel like anyone needed to 'die'
for it to be fashioned, as Ventus and Vanitus still held a presence in various forms when the x-Blade materialized (regardless of it's half-baked appearance).

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER

It's out of respect for the community. Sometimes people accidentally wind up here. One wrong click and the show's spoiled. The game's not even a month old yet. Let's use spoiler tags. Some of us who have beaten the game still haven't seen the Secret Ending and are somewhat spoiled by non-tagged stuff.

I personally think having the spoiler section placed at the TOP of the forum is a flawed choice, because we can still see the titles for the subforum. Ugh.

This is kind of what I was imagining as well. At least, having everyone on the field. The interaction would have been much more palpable. But since it was all segregated at the ill-paced KG, it felt [I]less[/I] like a clashing of 7 versus 13, aka recipe for the blade. I'd have appreciated the some sort of gauge, as their presence in KH is staple, or at least indicators via the environment that the 'crafting' was in process (crackling, light particles, something).

Personally, don't feel like anyone needed to 'die'
for it to be fashioned, as Ventus and Vanitus still held a presence in various forms when the x-Blade materialized (regardless of it's half-baked appearance).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nexale

Ballad of Caius said:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I know that the impression of the game is that they are all obligated to fight even if it does create KH, but... why were they obligated to fight, again? I might have missed something but, with all the importance and necessity of the 13 clashes... wouldn't have been enough for the heroes to stop Xehanort if they go just 6 persons, making obtain the 13 No Names impossible? Or would they have been created because the clashes of Seekers and Guardians seems to be more important than numbers?

And, if the PoL would have served Xehanort as well as the GoL... would they have to actually "clash" too? Because the princesses doesn't have keyblades, so how would that even work? By concentrations of energy as some people mention before?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I know that the impression of the game is that they are all obligated to fight even if it does create KH, but... why were they obligated to fight, again? I might have missed something but, with all the importance and necessity of the 13 clashes... wouldn't have been enough for the heroes to stop Xehanort if they go just 6 persons, making obtain the 13 No Names impossible? Or would they have been created because the clashes of Seekers and Guardians seems to be more important than numbers?

And, if the PoL would have served Xehanort as well as the GoL... would they have to actually "clash" too? Because the princesses doesn't have keyblades, so how would that even work? By concentrations of energy as some people mention before?

Probably they would have done more kidnapping and stabby stabby of some girls to get the X-Blade

Askelon

More than the clash of keyblade, what was needed is the clash of light vs darkness. So even keybladeless, facing and killing the Pol would have helped MX plan.

Torquill

I assumed it was the Riku Replica from Riku's heart. When he departs with Dark Riku he generates a column with "light" in it similar to the dark columns.

D

Deleted member 34215

I guess it just works like with Vanitas and Ven in BBS: their fight created the incomplete x-blade. MX needed the darknesses to fight the lights, and if the GoL didn't show up, MX & crew would go for the new princesses. The GoL were forced to fight because otherwise the PoL would get slaughtered.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm still trying to figure out how everyone lightly tapping each other is considered clashing.

The big battle was nothing. Practically everyone were using just basic attacks and yet I'm supposed to believe that's enough.

I wanted a boss rush dangnabbit! Don't freaking nerf everyone!

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
I think you guys are taking the clashing part to literary. He needed 13 hearts which are represented in the no name keyblades. He had 12 the final now was obtained by striking down kairi.

The whole "you need motivation" line seems more of him just trying to piss Sora off so he can enjoy the game more with a challenge. In the end Xehanort thought what he was doing was right, but eventually conceded when he saw the truth.

In may ways its like the Thanos story and how Advengers End Game may end...

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
If any seven lights and any thirteen darknesses will do, why did MX wait around for Sora to find a bunch of dead/lost Keybladers. Why didn't he just go pick out seven wielders from some other worlds, like you know the ones he talks about in his Secret Reports in BBS. It would have been just as viable a use of his time as trying to seek out seven PoH who he doesn't even intend to use unless his A plan for a Keyblade skirmish behind the dumpster after school doesn't work out. Better yet, since MX knew where Aqua was thanks to Ansem SoD, why didn't he just tell Riku and Sora so they could hurry up and bring her back. Why didn't he have Ansem bring her back. Did he want to fight the good guys or not?

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
If any seven lights and any thirteen darknesses will do, why did MX wait around for Sora to find a bunch of dead/lost Keybladers. Why didn't he just go pick out seven wielders from some other worlds, like you know the ones he talks about in his Secret Reports in BBS. It would have been just as viable a use of his time as trying to seek out seven PoH who he doesn't even intend to use unless his A plan for a Keyblade skirmish behind the dumpster after school doesn't work out. Better yet, since MX knew where Aqua was thanks to Ansem SoD, why didn't he just tell Riku and Sora so they could hurry up and bring her back. Why didn't he have Ansem bring her back. Did he want to fight the good guys or not?

You're pointing out all of the plot holes of the story. There were a shit ton of ways for Xehanort to achieve his goals. This route was taken just because it revolves around the main cast of the game. I wouldn't make sense for him to go after other wielders mentions in the secret reports. He was obsessed with the Keyblade war so I think that why he wanted to go that route rather than the POH one.
Mickey already knew aqua was last seen in the ROD so why would he need info to go there and bring her back?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
For a guy hellbent on erasing the universe, he sure had little interest in getting there.

And just what the heck was Xehanort even doing throughout the game? Was he seriously just sitting on his butt sipping mojitos this whole time waiting for everyone to show?

doublerainbow

Awards
I still can't believe that everything I was afraid of how KH3 was gonna turned out,is actually the game we got today : Sora has to take care of everyone's problem, other main characters didn't get to do anything noteworthy,main villain waiting until the final world to actually show up,the much needed interactions between characters and their dynamics was never touched upon etc...

But most importantly! Just let everyone do their thing and don't let Sora interferes FFS. I hate his stupid face still smiling and joking in the Final World and I'm supposed to feel emotional for his random breakdown 5 minutes ago? Poor Riku even has a "press triangle to become Sora's beta male" in the RoD when he has just gotten his renewed resolve to face the Anti Aqua Tower and was doing just fine. The writing in this game is just... Ugh.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
For a guy hellbent on erasing the universe, he sure had little interest in getting there.

And just what the heck was Xehanort even doing throughout the game? Was he seriously just sitting on his butt sipping mojitos this whole time waiting for everyone to show?

It makes no sense for him to summon those demon towers to kill Sora and company because that did not even achieve his clashes! So he would basically have to start from scratch for no real reason.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
You're pointing out all of the plot holes of the story.
Sorry, I have a tendency to do that.

Mickey already knew aqua was last seen in the ROD so why would he need info to go there and bring her back?
Yeah, but he obviously needed some help finding her, lol. Again, as disagreeable as I find it, this whole plot point at least made some sense when people thought that Aqua was acting in some capacity as a SoD, or that she fell to darkness through some means other than Xehanort's influence. But it makes no sense that Xehanort (or his cronies) would do that to her when they need her for the clash that they keep going out of their way to try and get Sora interested in while he dicks around with his Disney friends. It confuses the whole narrative because it isn't clear at all whether MX wants Sora and his friends dead or alive, so it's never clear to what degree of danger they're in.

He was working meticulously to complete his catalogue of every single key in the Keyblade Graveyard by guard shape and tooth length. His life's work.

Poor Riku even has a "press triangle to become Sora's beta male" in the RoD when he has just gotten his renewed resolve to face the Anti Aqua Tower and was doing just fine.
Lmao, well at least Riku gets a triangle button. Every other character just pressed that before the game even started. Sometimes I think Ven just stares at Sora and thinks, "I could have been that guy...if I hadn't been in a coma for 10 years."

ZJGamer

Before the fights with Organization XIII start, when Xehanort first forms the maze, you see purple and gold lightning spark in the sky as dark clouds start to appear. I originally thought that was how the forging of the X-blade was going to be presented to us. I thought the sky was going to keep getting darker as we fought more members of the Organization (which Sora keeps alluding to the sky darkening) and then when we confront Xehanort we would see this gathering of purple and gold energy created from the various battles (purple representing darkness and gold representing light) and from this the X-Blade would be forged. Maybe a bolt of purple/gold lightning shoots from the sky with the X-Blade appearing from it or something But instead we got the random appearance of 13 No-Names and I was like "Well that is random."

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I think the guardians of light were forced to go due to Xehanort potentially replacing them with the 7 Princesses of Heart (or any number of Princesses). So even if they sent just 3 guardians to confront Xehanort, he would have kidnapped and used 4 of the princesses to get the necessary 7 lights.

The clash seems to be the darkness striking a light (one new/different darkness vs. one/any light). The darkness has to be different each time, but the light can be any (seemingly). So I would assume that Xehanort would have just had any darkness strike the princesses.

Also, I think the reason for the 13 No Names is that the keyblades that would appear are based on the darknesses. Since it's not actually 13 different darknesses and all just Xehanort, that's why we only see No Names appear instead of 13 different keyblades.

Back