• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

120 people dead in France after an terrorist attack

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Want to know something interesting? If you were to grab the worlds populations, they'll all fit in state of Florida.

If everyone was standing in florida the whole goddamn country couldn't afford to take care of them

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
If everyone was standing in florida the whole goddamn country couldn't afford to take care of them

Of course, they'd be all be considered as Floridians.....FLORIDA CONQUERS ALL WORLDS, tied to the darkness.....

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
It's also somewhat hilarious that parts of the US are complaining about refugees when it is Europe, and in Europe mostly Sweden, Germany, Austria and the Netherlands who take on the whole flood of refugees right now.

That reminds me. This flood of people is getting the populations of several of those countries rather angry, isn't it? Even before those countries completely hit their limit, I'm pretty sure that the people will get fed up the the flood of immigrants. Either those countries will change their policies, or eventually, the people'll take it into their own hands, and it'll be pretty ugly when they do.

Songbird

Grrrr
They're currently trying to pass a bill to make it harder for middle eastern people to immigrate to the US. Now, before everyone explodes in democratic protest: let me say I understand this in a way.

In times of war when America was threatened by outside forces they enacted similar laws. Germans and Japanese in WWII, and Russians in the Cold War also faced similar fire and difficulty with immigration because of these kinds of short-term bills. The reason for these was to protect the country. Right-wing nutjobs make it seem like it's all racism and of course democrats go nuts thinking they're right about that. But with Isis threatening specific points of the US, it's a logical step to take.

Skewer me for thinking that (I'm no Republican) but all things considered we can't always be afraid of offending people when there's lives at stake. And I know people want to come to the US to be safe as well, but that's just NOT going to work forever.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
That reminds me. This flood of people is getting the populations of several of those countries rather angry, isn't it? Even before those countries completely hit their limit, I'm pretty sure that the people will get fed up the the flood of immigrants. Either those countries will change their policies, or eventually, the people'll take it into their own hands, and it'll be pretty ugly when they do.

People from the few countries that take most of the refugees are also getting angry. My country, with a population of only 9 million people, is expected to take in about 200,000 refugees this year alone and about half a million in the next couple of years. That is unreasonable, knowing that so many countries in Europe either do very little or nothing at all to help. Some flat out say "Christians only" or put up wired fences to keep refugees away!

shady543

Awards
Oh, god yes.

But when descendants of immigrants try to justify new immigrants being refused entry to the country, it's kind of laughable, haha.

I've personally never got that mentality, considering the westerners of today weren't even involved with those events, and western countries are really the only places that have a lot of immigration. I do understand that what the Americans are doing are terrible considering those refugees aren't going to be from the ISIS since they're especially chosen and have been waiting in camps, so I find their mentality stupid. It's not like refugees are flooding in and not even getting checked. However it's probably just out of fear considering what happened in France and the fact that America is now on high alert. I don't think flinging around the racist term like a lot of left-wingers do is really that bright of an idea.

I do understand that many people hate westerners because of what they did in the past, but I think people need to consider the fact that western countries also now have the most human rights. You need to be a straight cis male in a lot of non-western countries to have a good life. Yet westerners are still horrid apparently.

Speaking as someone with a Chinese family and some firsthand experience with legit Chinese cooking, I can affirm this. Stay away from those chain restaurants like Panda Express. Americanized garbage. The really good stuff, at least around where I live, is off in the dirtier parts of town and the restaurants usually look kinda small and dingy. Oh, and the food tends to be at a fairly low price, too. It's a good deal, if you don't mind navigating the seedier parts of town.

As for the immigrant situation, I don't really see the point in exceeding a country's limits by letting so many people flood in. Giving refuge to those people is a noble idea, but it isn't so noble when it gets to the point that the country doesn't have the resources, or simply the space, to accommodate for all of them. A country that's imploding on itself because of overpopulation and lack of resources isn't gonna help anyone, including those refugees.

lmao try telling that to the lefties. Not that I'm a right wing. I find both sides horrid.

I do agree though. Where I live in Adelaide, we're struggling to support our own citizens with our terrible hospital system and roads, and we have a very high unemployment rate. We can't really support another 1,000 refugees or more at the moment. It's nice to let them in, but how is watching a city crashing because of overpopulation any better?

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Uh yes, the best indicator for that is as I stated that right-wing movements are gaining more acceptance again and, this being something specific to Germany, the popularity of once well-respected Chancellor Merkel falling rapidly within many parts of the populace.
There are even already statements circulating accusing Merkel of being no longer the Chancellor of Germany and its populace, but the Chancellor of the Refugees. The calls that Germany should take the way how either Canada or Australia handles the issues as an example are also getting somewhat louder.
The changing of policies is already underway in small steps behind the scenes, as there is no way around that if the established political caste wants to avoid losing even more voters to the right-wing parties.

This undoubtly dangerous development is however something which the totally idealistic left-wing dreamers with their "we let everyone in"-policy either fail to see or simply deny because it doesn't fit in their utopistic thinking.
In the eastern european countries and on the Balkans the situation is already pretty ugly and these incidents in France have certainly not helped to calm the situation, as people like Victor Orbàn in Hungary only see their view confirmed by what happened.
Even in Sweden, historically one of the most friendliest, liberal countries available the mood is shifting.
So far, the only country within Europe who seems to strike a reasonable middle-ground between total rejection like many eastern european states and stupid "we let everyone in"-nonsense as Merkel-Germany does is the UK who allows a specific number/fixed contingent of refugees into the country that does not overly strain Britains abilities.

The media of course also do not help defusing the situation by often only portraying extreme cases from both ends of the spectrum, like on one side trying to coax out tearful and pitying reactions by only speaking about "traumatized" refugees, showing only women and children and preaching about how it is a duty to help them and yadda yadda.

On the other side you get most likely overdramatic reports stating that 90% of the refugees are in fact young males in the age range from 16 to 29, often decried as exactly the group which is the cause of most problems like stirring unrest and/or crime.
This is then underlined with examples like refugees actually demanding that they can choose in which country they want to apply for asylum (with most choosing Germany or Sweden anyways, which is complete bullshit as these two cannot accommodate everyone, even the refugees need to understand this simple logic), ask when they will get their own house and car and then giving a shining example of the "traumatized refugee" part the leftist press likes to hammer into people's heads by recounting a story from a refugee camp where a female voluntary helper got spit in the face and called "unclean" because she didn't wear a headscarf.

In the end, both sides like yet again to blow their viewpoints out of proportion and the actual truth most likely lies as so often between those poles.

Patricier21

So, not sure if people have heard yet, but there was another terrorist attack in France, Paris.
Paris attacks: Bataclan and other assaults leave many dead - BBC News
It has almost been a year after the attack on the satirical news paper, and here we have another one, in much bigger scale. The attack against the news paper was said to be more political, but this attack(that was constructed from many strikes) was against normal places were people just spent time. 127 people were killed, and many people were wounded.

What a monstrous and in-human thing this is. I hope the people of France will survive from this. This is a sad, tragic day in Europe`s history.

Cheesy as it may be, times like these make me wish that any sort of Keyblade master or hero would be able to stop or at least save people in situations like this.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
They're currently trying to pass a bill to make it harder for middle eastern people to immigrate to the US. Now, before everyone explodes in democratic protest: let me say I understand this in a way.

In times of war when America was threatened by outside forces they enacted similar laws. Germans and Japanese in WWII, and Russians in the Cold War also faced similar fire and difficulty with immigration because of these kinds of short-term bills. The reason for these was to protect the country. Right-wing nutjobs make it seem like it's all racism and of course democrats go nuts thinking they're right about that. But with Isis threatening specific points of the US, it's a logical step to take.

Skewer me for thinking that (I'm no Republican) but all things considered we can't always be afraid of offending people when there's lives at stake. And I know people want to come to the US to be safe as well, but that's just NOT going to work forever.

There's also a matter of what happens when immigrants start taking jobs. In a way, it'd boost the economy we live in, because it would do our country some good. However, it'd also take jobs away from citizens who live in the US already, which raises an outcry because, they think it's unfair for another country to be doing an american job. (I've heard this a few times in the past, so I doubt this has changed much.) And there's already tons of homeless people living out on the streets in the US and across the country alone. So, I have a hard time picturing the refugees doing much better here. This isn't the first time the US has faced refugees/immigrants trying to come into our country, because sometime last year, there were people sneaking in and being turned away until the media covered it and got involved and made it into a sympathy story; which let them stay, I guess?

I mean, this country does try to support homeless people/refugees/immigrants already to a small degree and there's charities to build houses and shelter people like that, but I don't think it's going to be enough to support every single person who tries to live here. Because resources, funds, and space is only going to stretch so far. And there's also some problems within the US already which could escalate further because of racism right now, which keeps getting people shot each day. Heck, we keep having public school shootings, which we haven't been able to prevent at all. And I'd say half of the country is either in debt or lacks common sense. And that's just the tip of the iceberg on our current problems. Therefore, our country is kind of diddlyed up and it isn't a utopia with the perfect system. I'm not saying we should turn people away, but on a realistic scale, it isn't much better here and those who think they can get the american dream are sorely mistaken. And those who do get in are going to have a hard time making a living along with being judged based on where they came from. Although the election will take advantage of this, because if it helps them get votes, then that's all that matters to whoever is running. It's not right, but... people are scared and nobody really wants to live in fear of bombing like in France right now either.

Before anyone tries to stab a pitch fork at me, I'm just saying it how it is. I'm not on either side, because I have no idea how to make things better for anyone. This was just my small two cents on the matter. If it sounds ignorant, then that's because I don't keep up with the news all that much.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Cheesy as it may be, times like these make me wish that any sort of Keyblade master or hero would be able to stop or at least save people in situations like this.
I wish for that too, time to time, but I don't think that even a Keyblade hero could sort this out very well. The Middle East is an incredibly convoluted mess that makes the most complex fictional lore seem like a child's novel in comparison. And even if it was just a matter of defending innocents, so many bad things can come of that... If some hero with incredible power just showed up one day, a bunch of different groups will start trying to either manipulate that hero for their own purposes, or they'll try to kill the hero out of fear. A Keyblade wielder like Sora honestly wouldn't last a day between all of that. Far too selfless and too easily manipulated...

You know, people have been talking about how it looks like WWIII is on the horizon... and I'm not really seeing it. You need several superpowers going at eachother at once for it to be a true world war, and so far, it looks like everyone's too busy playing whack-a-mole with ISIS to turn on anyone else. The only way I really could see a WW happening is if several countries decided to aid different sides of the Syrian war to try and end it, causing them to inadvertently clash with eachother. And aside from Russia, I haven't heard much of anything that indicates that's gonna happen soon.

bgizzles45

I wish for that too, time to time, but I don't think that even a Keyblade hero could sort this out very well. The Middle East is an incredibly convoluted mess that makes the most complex fictional lore seem like a child's novel in comparison. And even if it was just a matter of defending innocents, so many bad things can come of that... If some hero with incredible power just showed up one day, a bunch of different groups will start trying to either manipulate that hero for their own purposes, or they'll try to kill the hero out of fear. A Keyblade wielder like Sora honestly wouldn't last a day between all of that. Far too selfless and too easily manipulated...

You know, people have been talking about how it looks like WWIII is on the horizon... and I'm not really seeing it. You need several superpowers going at eachother at once for it to be a true world war, and so far, it looks like everyone's too busy playing whack-a-mole with ISIS to turn on anyone else. The only way I really could see a WW happening is if several countries decided to aid different sides of the Syrian war to try and end it, causing them to inadvertently clash with eachother. And aside from Russia, I haven't heard much of anything that indicates that's gonna happen soon.

1. Russia is attacking ISIS
2. France is attacking ISIS
3. China declared war on ISIS
4. British Prime Minister stated that he would order the military to attack ISIS without consent of the parliament

The only one cooperating with Bashar Al-Assad is Russia. France and Great Britain are most likely getting their intel from the United States. The issue is that The US wants Bashar Al-Assad dead or submit to reassigning his position. The problem is, the rebels who are against the Syrian government are against Bashar al-Assad as well.

[video=youtube;zZxgPB8jHkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZxgPB8jHkU[/video]

Putin supposedly called out 40 nations that funded ISIS according to RT.

On another note, Russia's war central command room is pretty badass.
2EBB222100000578-0-image-a-45_1448282090995.jpg
2E8AC59C00000578-3330337-image-a-20_1448292014416.jpg

Last edited:

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
There's also a matter of what happens when immigrants start taking jobs. In a way, it'd boost the economy we live in, because it would do our country some good. However, it'd also take jobs away from citizens who live in the US already, which raises an outcry because, they think it's unfair for another country to be doing an american job. (I've heard this a few times in the past, so I doubt this has changed much.) And there's already tons of homeless people living out on the streets in the US and across the country alone. So, I have a hard time picturing the refugees doing much better here. This isn't the first time the US has faced refugees/immigrants trying to come into our country, because sometime last year, there were people sneaking in and being turned away until the media covered it and got involved and made it into a sympathy story; which let them stay, I guess?

I mean, this country does try to support homeless people/refugees/immigrants already to a small degree and there's charities to build houses and shelter people like that, but I don't think it's going to be enough to support every single person who tries to live here. Because resources, funds, and space is only going to stretch so far. And there's also some problems within the US already which could escalate further because of racism right now, which keeps getting people shot each day. Heck, we keep having public school shootings, which we haven't been able to prevent at all. And I'd say half of the country is either in debt or lacks common sense. And that's just the tip of the iceberg on our current problems. Therefore, our country is kind of diddlyed up and it isn't a utopia with the perfect system. I'm not saying we should turn people away, but on a realistic scale, it isn't much better here and those who think they can get the american dream are sorely mistaken. And those who do get in are going to have a hard time making a living along with being judged based on where they came from. Although the election will take advantage of this, because if it helps them get votes, then that's all that matters to whoever is running. It's not right, but... people are scared and nobody really wants to live in fear of bombing like in France right now either.

Before anyone tries to stab a pitch fork at me, I'm just saying it how it is. I'm not on either side, because I have no idea how to make things better for anyone. This was just my small two cents on the matter. If it sounds ignorant, then that's because I don't keep up with the news all that much.

The job market contains plenty of jobs/careers, but most of them are out of the stereotype workplace. Most Americans don't want to perform menial "blue-collar" tasks such as plumbing, picking vegetables/fruits on mass farms, etc. The irony is that most "white-collar" jobs that are being offered have the "5 years of experience" in their requirements; other issues such as having the money to move oneself and transport belongings, get a living space in a new area for a "better job."

The problem isn't a shortage of jobs or too many people - its that most big corporations (you name it, they do it) move or have moved the majority of their production to overseas - mostly in India, China, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Taiwan, Mexico, some South American countries, etc. They do this because its cheaper to turn a profit on the one hand, and on the other it creates a "cheaper product," both in price and in quality. The same companies move their "main headquarters" to somewhere overseas as well (these countries offer the corporations a better deal in either tax break loopholes or less taxes paid), where the U.S.' Internal Revenue Service, etc, can't tax them for their profits/sales.

If Apple, for example, chose to make their products solely in the U.S., but kept the same profit margin/etc, the iPhone 6 Plus -currently around $600 - would jump to about $1000-$1200, because of labor cost difference in America versus China, possible unions, etc.

Most immigrants/migrant workers coming to America won't have too difficult of a time finding a job (granted they wind up somewhere near an urban city or metropolitan area). Most of them know it won't be the job they want their children to have, but it'll be better than the possibility of death at any moment in their home of origin. Doubtful their coming in would boost the economy - the American middle class is shrinking rapidly due to the mass white-collar-flight of big corporations who refuse to pay taxes to the U.S. government - and part of me doesn't blame them either, when tax dollars are wasted on F-Fighter Jet projects that never leave the R&D phase; the federal government would be better to take a third of the defense budget and apply it toward repairing America's transportation infrastructure (roads, bridges, canals, highways, etc). That's where the economy can tank pretty quickly, albeit on a small scale, but they can all add up to a huge problem.

ffwOWYd.jpg

Last edited:

bgizzles45

[h=1]Russian Su-24M fighter jet shot down by Turkey over Syria[/h]
[video=youtube;M6wTBdhgWLU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6wTBdhgWLU[/video]
[video=youtube;Y9UJcX_UVB0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9UJcX_UVB0[/video]

bgizzles45

Putin and King Abdullah of Jordan speak on the incident
[video=youtube;7343nXyGS0s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7343nXyGS0s[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back