• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

120 people dead in France after an terrorist attack

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Lovely how the whole media uses a tragedy like this to spread their stupid af opinions.
Like...did Donald Trump actually make use of this to say that everyone should be allowed to run arround armed? Did he even think through that all if this only HAPPENED because of weapons?!
I also love how some others use it to say "SEEE???? REFUGEES ARE EVIL!" But wait, wasn't one of those guys french? It's just ridiculous. People die and we use it for very, very bad propaganda.
Shit, guys. This is getting crazily disgusting on too many levels.

bgizzles45

Please don't pull that trivialising shit on this matter. ISIS are terrorists. Fear mongering is their game. I'm as much against the media overly sensationalising everything, but people are dying. These guys are the very definition of "the worst".

Your point? People die every day.

Meanwhile, attacks like these happen in the middle east on a weekly basis and yet there are people in this thread say they don't deserve sympathy because apparently they are seen inferior due to not sharing the same western values as us.

[video=youtube;_NhULIJ4ZPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NhULIJ4ZPg[/video]

Take your own advice and stop trivializing your shit. The media is a far more fear mongering machine than ISIS ever was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_mongering

Last edited:

YoungXehanort

Website
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com
Please don't pull that trivialising shit on this matter. ISIS are terrorists. Fear mongering is their game. I'm as much against the media overly sensationalising everything, but people are dying. These guys are the very definition of "the worst".

im egyptian (middle eastern) and terrorist attacks happens everyweek in the middle east and we get like countless death's here you should be grateful that you don't see this news everyday like we do and yesterday terrorist destroyed mosque we can't relax for a second even when we want to pray

Awards
I actually had a friend that was there. I tried contacting on him on Facebook, and sadly it was in paris. :( i hope he still alive.

Last edited:

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
it's super sad that this happened but that fb french flag shit is fake af. wheres the flags for palestine, afghanistan, pakistan, etc, where this shit happens also? or are european lives more valuable or something.
Yeah we should just stop supporting countries that don't regularly have massive tragedy when it strikes because things are worse elsewhere.

Sarcasm aside, yes, it sucks that those don't get much coverage in the media, but that's because people are already so aware of all of the frequent violence that's already going on in those places. There's a bombing in a place like Afghanistan or Pakistan and - despite it being a severe tragedy - it's expected at this point in those locations. Over 140 people dead in Paris though, a city where tragedy of this scale NEVER happens? Yeah, that's huge news to people because it's completely unexpected.

Last edited:

shady543

Awards
Like I said before, what the heck is complaining all over social media going to do? If you dont like how Paris is getting supported, do something about it then.

Also what Trump said was stupid. Pretty sure they had explosives attached to them. So what would shooting at someone with explosives on them do to help with the situation?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Meanwhile, attacks like these happen in the middle east on a weekly basis and yet there are people in this thread say they don't deserve sympathy because apparently they are seen inferior due to not sharing the same western values as us.

I take it you're referring to me, in which case you're clearly putting words in my mouth. I never said those people do not deserve sympathy. I was merely explaining why Paris being under attack is a bigger deal to western countries. I feel sorry for everyone that suffers in this world, but it simply isn't racism to have a bigger reaction to terrorism so close to home compared to a place in which it, most unfortunately, happens at a regular basis. As for what I was referring to when I mentioned values, IS was specifically targeting our values - our freedom. They said as much themselves. The people in Lebanon were targeted for a completely different reason, as they do not share the same values that got us under attack.

D

Deleted member 36435

Like I said before, what the heck is complaining all over social media going to do? If you dont like how Paris is getting supported, do something about it then.

Also what Trump said was stupid. Pretty sure they had explosives attached to them. So what would shooting at someone with explosives on them do to help with the situation?
What does complaining about people showing their support accomplish? Nothing, it just shows that you want to feel superior to others in any way that you can. Or complaining about other people having opinions on things? Social media is how people communicate now, people are going to complain anyway they can about anything. It's best to just ignore it.

Also, not that I agree with Trump, but explosives don't just detonate in movies and games when you shoot the people wearing them.

shady543

Awards
I swear I'm getting "omg how dare western countries grieve for another western country how could they!!!" vibes from people, and I find that ridiculous.

What does complaining about people showing their support accomplish? Nothing, it just shows that you want to feel superior to others in any way that you can. Or complaining about other people having opinions on things? Social media is how people communicate now, people are going to complain anyway they can about anything. It's best to just ignore it.

Oh, believe me, I'm trying my best to ignore it. xD

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
What happened in Paris is extremely terrible. I hope they get all the support they need right now in overcoming what happened. What happened in other countries is in fact terrible, but those above me said it best about the situation at hand.

I've had discussions with people before and no one seems to realize that the only way you will ever stop people like this is to literally just kill them all. And I do mean all. Otherwise, they just keep coming back. Talk about a catch-22.

How do you propose we kill them all, when we don't know where they're at? They don't have a base, they don't have one singular country they're coming from, and they're not wearing anything to distinguish them enough as a IS group. It isn't as simple as we'd all like it to be. These messed up people are smart and they can pop up anywhere in the country; They proved that by doing this in Paris and getting away with it. :c

Edit:

And I don't think this is turning into WWIII per se. Or at least, not yet. And I won't deny having a flimsy understanding of this because, you're right, I do have a flimsy understanding of it. Therefore, I apologize to any one I may of offended for saying what I did.

Last edited:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
In the end of the day. These are scums of the Earth. Cowards, predators, extremists and terrorists. They have no place in this world.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
No. This whole thing could have been avoided if the west would stop meddling with Middle Eastern politics.

I don't agree with this. From the very beginning ISIS has been all about targeting those of the Jewish and Christian faiths. And it's not like they wouldn't be doing this, or would stop, if we hadn't gotten involved in Middle Eastern politics. ISIS is deranged and think that their world view is the only right one out there, and as long as they continue to think that, people will continue to be in danger. And I wish that that wasn't true, but sadly it is.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I don't agree with this. From the very beginning ISIS has been all about targeting those of the Jewish and Christian faiths. And it's not like they wouldn't be doing this, or would stop, if we hadn't gotten involved in Middle Eastern politics. ISIS is deranged and think that their world view is the only right one out there, and as long as they continue to think that, people will continue to be in danger. And I wish that that wasn't true, but sadly it is.
It is true. But it's also true that America's meddling hasn't helped at all. In some cases, it actually made matters worse.

bgizzles45

Wrong. From the very beginning ISIS were targeting Muslims.

So ISIS is all Muslim according to you. I take it you weren't paying attention when ISIS invaded Iraq and killed hundred thousands of Sunni Muslims. In fact, the only group they haven't targeted is Jewish. Go figure.

Last edited:

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

Not true. Daesh claims authority of all Muslims across the world, and their original goal was basically to ethnically cleanse all Muslims ("infidels") who refused to fall under that regiment. Since then, it has expanded its ideology to include any and all non-believers, which is why other faiths are being targeted.

Daesh would have spread regardless of the west's interventions in the Middle East -it's naive to think otherwise- but it doesn't mean the problem wasn't exacerbated by the situation either.

And I don't think this is turning into WWIII per se. Or at least, not yet. And I won't deny having a flimsy understanding of this because, you're right, I do have a flimsy understanding of it. Therefore, I apologize to any one I may of offended for saying what I did.

I didn't mean to come off as putting you down here; I'm sorry about that. I actually fully agree that this will not escalate into a world war. Nothing will ever come close to being as massive and tragic as World War II; in terms of casualties, mobilization, infrastructure, economic damage, etc., nothing will be as massive. Daesh has been at war with some 60+ countries already at this point. If someone wants to define that as a "World War", I think it severely trivializes the severity of WWI and WWII.

Last edited:

bgizzles45

Not true. Daesh claims authority of all Muslims across the world, and their original goal was basically to ethnically cleanse all Muslims ("infidels") who refused to fall under that regiment. Since then, it has expanded its ideology to include any and all non-believers, which is why other faiths are being targeted.

Daesh would have spread regardless of the west's interventions in the Middle East -it's naive to think otherwise- but it doesn't mean the problem wasn't exacerbated by the situation either.

I didn't mean to come off as putting you down here; I'm sorry about that. I actually fully agree that this will not escalate into a world war. Nothing will ever come close to being as massive and tragic as World War II; in terms of casualties, mobilization, infrastructure, economic damage, etc., nothing will be as massive. Daesh has been at war with some 60+ countries already at this point. If someone wants to define that as a "World War", I think it severely trivializes the severity of WWI and WWII.

Many would argue ISIS would not rise if Iraq was under Hussain.

B9wQBjuIMAEh2wt.jpg

You can see the same in Libya after Qadaffi was assassinated.
Libya-Before-and-After-Democracy-618x439.jpg

Coincidentally, ISIS arose after Qadaffi was assassinated after the US government awarded the assassins billions of dollars.

Egypt went to total chaos after overthrowing their leader. And now the US government thinks it's a good idea to overthrow Bashar Al-Assad in Syria.

This was Afghanistan before war:
1950s_Afghanistan_-_Records_store.jpg

This is Iraq after the US pulled out:
hqdefault.jpg

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
All points aside, do you REALLY feel like those last two pictures together have absolutely any bearing on your argument? You don't just take a picture of an office in Mexico from 1990 and then put a picture of a cartel execution afterwards and say any random event inbetween that you choose is the cause. That's a completely unfair argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back