• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

120 people dead in France after an terrorist attack

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandymint

Awards
I'm not alone in that one. After all, this feels like WWIII is pounding on the door, desperate to break through. I swear these guys are the real HYDRA from the comics and films because no matter what we do to them, they seem to grow back more and more.. :/

France is in all of our prayers!

Well, look at what happened the last time there as major conflict in the Middle East. The USSR was invading Afghanistan, but the Afghans and others fighting wouldn't give up. Russia even implemented Burned Earth campaigns where they would burn large swaths of land. Villages farmland, even killing livestock. Just to try and run them out. They still came back. These sorts of people are the most resilient fighters out there. The Hydra analogy works well because, as I said, there's only one way to stop them. And that's to cut off all the heads.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
It was multiple attacks. It happened at the football match, but also at a concert and at cafés. Places where people enjoyed themselves.

It seems at least one of the suicide bombers came to France as a Syrian refugee.

That's just awful. And even more than that, it's horrifying! Even moreso than what I thought previously! Because the fact that these people can stage multiple things at once, without being caught or stopped, just proves that they're far more formidable than I think anyone at first thought.

You guys are right. I think WWIII might be soon on the horizon. Oh my goodness...

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Since some have said it here, I just want to clarify that no, it did NOT happen at the soccer match (but they were near the stadium). The explosions were heard, but nothing happened at the stadium itself (match was even finished and everything)

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
it's super sad that this happened but that fb french flag shit is fake af. wheres the flags for palestine, afghanistan, pakistan, etc, where this shit happens also? or are european lives more valuable or something.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
it's super sad that this happened but that fb french flag shit is fake af. wheres the flags for palestine, afghanistan, pakistan, etc, where this shit happens also? or are european lives more valuable or something.

I hate to say white privilege

but

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

it's just to promote solidarity. it's not "fake".

the other places you listed have been virtual warzones for ages on end now, and nobody is saying that's okay. i don't think that we should look at this action by facebook as downplaying the atrocities worldwide, but rather as focusing on this latest atrocity.

I hate to say white privilege

but

yeah i wouldn't say it either because it makes absolutely no sense here.

my heart goes out to all those affected by this. i hope that this only further motivates the world to treat ISIS like the violent, fear-mongering organization they are and take active steps to destroy them. they're a threat to international security, and they should have been stopped by the rest of the world ages ago.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Well, look at what happened the last time there as major conflict in the Middle East. The USSR was invading Afghanistan, but the Afghans and others fighting wouldn't give up. Russia even implemented Burned Earth campaigns where they would burn large swaths of land. Villages farmland, even killing livestock. Just to try and run them out. They still came back. These sorts of people are the most resilient fighters out there. The Hydra analogy works well because, as I said, there's only one way to stop them. And that's to cut off all the heads.

Agreed.

Wonder if they need a real live Captain America or something like that.. Anyway, this whole thing should had been avoided if we just took them way more serious than usual and who knows how many lives would have been saved in the process. This will be fixed ASAP.

bgizzles45

Agreed.

Wonder if they need a real live Captain America or something like that.. Anyway, this whole thing should had been avoided if we just took them way more serious than usual and who knows how many lives would have been saved in the process. This will be fixed ASAP.

No. This whole thing could have been avoided if the west would stop meddling with Middle Eastern politics.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
it's just to promote solidarity. it's not "fake".

the other places you listed have been virtual warzones for ages on end now, and nobody is saying that's okay. i don't think that we should look at this action by facebook as downplaying the atrocities worldwide, but rather as focusing on this latest atrocity.

yeah i wouldn't say it either because it makes absolutely no sense here.

my heart goes out to all those affected by this. i hope that this only further motivates the world to treat ISIS like the violent, fear-mongering organization they are and take active steps to destroy them. they're a threat to international security, and they should have been stopped by the rest of the world ages ago.

Don't worry i only meant in the media.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
No. This whole thing could have been avoided if the west would stop meddling with Middle Eastern politics.

Of course. It is the reason why I'm not so big on political stuff for it gets way too confusing quickly for me.

shady543

Awards
The reason why France is getting so much attention is more than likely because it's a very popular tourist destination, especially for the west. I'm sure if it was a place like Japan that got attacked they would have received the same amount of attention, so it's not because we're racist scumbags like a lot of people seem to be saying (there is a massive uproar about this on my Facebook news feed).

Also I don't really get what's so bad about western countries grieving for another western country and why it's racist... I mean it's a natural thing to do...?

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
There's no issue in grieving and showing support for those suffering in a tragedy.

The issue is our apathy towards tragedy in other circumstances, like towards the Syrian refugees (in particular, given that this is exactly what they're fleeing) or any massacres in third world countries.

People are calling that into question.

I think it's always a bit different when it's in your backyard but it wouldn't hurt anyone to be more empathetic towards people who have not been lucky enough to have this be a rare tragedy.

shady543

Awards
The thing is though is that Paris got attacked as a result of letting the Syrians in. The ISIS people hide within the refugees. So by letting them in, you're also letting a few of the ISIS in as well, and it doesn't take that many of them to blow up the city. Australia could have been in the same situation as Paris if we didn't stop the boats (and it's quite frightening to think about since I live here). It's very terrible that these extremists have to be within those people and it's very unfortunate, but that's unfortunately the issue we have here. I wish there was a way for the ISIS people to not be within the Syrians so we can actually take them in without the fear.

And I'm pretty sure the issue with the Syrians was because there ended up becoming too many to take in? But I do agree that they handled the situation very poorly. There were far better methods of handling the situation than what they did.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
So should they not be given refuge? They're being slaughtered. What they're facing is so incredibly horrific and they're the lucky ones to have made it out.

ISIS wants us to fear monger. Having a mentality that this wouldn't have happened if we weren't helping refugees is... poisonous. It's irrelevant. The problem is not the victims trying to save their lives.

bgizzles45

So should they not be given refuge? They're being slaughtered. What they're facing is so incredibly horrific and they're the lucky ones to have made it out.

ISIS wants us to fear monger. Having a mentality that this wouldn't have happened if we weren't helping refugees is... poisonous. It's irrelevant. The problem is not the victims trying to save their lives.

No, the media (including Facebook) wants you to fear monger.

shady543

Awards
To be honest, both situations aren't a good idea. If the Syrians are let in, then so will the ISIS and hence more bombs going off in cities. Do you really want more innocent people dying and another situation like Paris? People aren't seeing the consequences and are just sticking to the racist mentality and don't understand that although there are muslims who are peaceful, there are others who have a strong hatred for the west and the way we live. But it's terrible to not take them in at the same time because not all of them are like the ISIS and, like you said, are trying to escape all the shit that's going on in their own country and it's not fair for them to live like that. What isn't going to solve this problem is arguing among ourselves and throwing around the word 'racist'.

Anyway, I don't really want to say anymore. I've seen a lot of right wing vs left wing debates over this and I rather stay out of it. Both parties are acting terribly, that's all I've got to say.

Goddammit I got ninja'd.

Last edited:

Wander

If the Syrians are let in, then so will the ISIS

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Same reason no one bats an eye when it rains in England, but gets in the news when it rains in California.

shady543

Awards
I don't think you know what you're talking about.

uuhh... it has been proven that one of the ISIS sneaked in to Europe and pretended to be a Syrian refugee, and a Syrian passport was found?

I don't mean to sound like a know it all. But it's really annoying me how everyone is complaining on social media and throwing around racist terms and causing arguments when that's the last freaking thing we need at the moment. And it's not like complaining on social media is even going to do anything to help with what's going on at the moment.

Last edited:

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
No, the media (including Facebook) wants you to fear monger.

Please don't pull that trivialising shit on this matter. ISIS are terrorists. Fear mongering is their game. I'm as much against the media overly sensationalising everything, but people are dying. These guys are the very definition of "the worst".

uuhhh.... it has been proven that one of the isis sneaked in to europe and pretended to be a syrian refugee and a syrian passport was found???

For real? That's the route you're taking this? ISIS doesn't need the goddamn refugees crisis to get in. Earlier this year they rolled up a gang here that was planning attacks. Months before there was any talk of a refugee crisis. I'm not saying there aren't any of them hiding amongst the refugees, but you're naive if you think that this could have been prevented by not letting the Syrians in. Maybe it would not have been day before yesterday, maybe it wouldn't have been the same people and maybe it wouldn't have even been Paris, but this is what they want and if they want to get in a country to perform terrorist attacks, they WILL find a way.

I'm not about to turn down refugees from wartorn countries because it's possible there are murderous assholes hiding inbetween them like cowards. Those guys are everywhere anyway and imo that's a damn disgusting and shamefull way of treating other people.

Last edited:

shady543

Awards
^ Holly shit you call me naive but then sprout that last few paragraphs which was full off ignorance? You do realize that they are not cowards right? They are doing it because it is the easiest freaking way to get in. There are a lot of people in the west with a left wing tainted mind like you who let all syrians in without them being checked for some stupid reason and they are allowed to come and go whenever they please. Because of the fact that they can come and go, we have Syrians going back to Syria (and learning about the ISIS through social media), learning about explosives and shit, then going back to where they were in Europe and causing a lot of shit. We are making their job so much freaking easier than it could be, but we wont do anything because the left wing refuse to listen to reason and have a mind that reminds me of tumblr people. For one, the incident at Paris wouldn't have been as bad.
Okay, I admit I didn't explain myself that well in the previous post. I'm fine with refugees coming into our country, but what I don't like is that we're not being cautious enough.
Maybe do better checking to make sure they're truly a refugee and not a terrorist? Maybe make it so that the Syrians can't go backwards and fords between their current country and Syria? Or better yet, why don't the countries who don't have migration open up their boarders for once and help us out? Why is it that they don't get called racist for not allowing migration and are being ignored?

Also what about refugees who have been waiting for as long as 30 years in camps in Kenya to get taken in? Where the heck is the empathy for them? It's really unfair for them, but no one seems to give a shit at the moment. They have been suffering just as much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back