• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

11Eyes : Sin, Damnation, and the Atonement Girl

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Okay, breathe, calm down.
It's just a sludge monster with a halo and a freakish coffin-shaped mouth and wings.
It's just a sludge monster with a halo and a freakish scream and wings.

Of course I screamed.
This is scary. I'm surprised I haven't done worse. Like, maybe, shout nine-one-one and run. Oh no, I'm too busy being frozen like a deer in headlights. Frick. What. Is. This. It's disgusting.

I need to run away.

And it's chasing me!

Really, this blobby thing that has no discernable legs is chasing me around. Think that's the worst part? Not even close. Each squishy thud makes me see blurs of dark red and I think I'm hallucinating horribly. The fear is real, the fear is always real, but I have never actually felt the vibrations of a scream from a hallucination before. And I've never seen ghosts in hallucinations either. Sure, maybe shadows, but not neon ghosts.

Everything is blurry, many of the lines faded, but I can see the hulking form of that thing in various spaces, thicker and bolder ones closer to me and lighter ones further off until it disappears like some creepy ghost in an old cheap film. It keeps following me and I think I'm going to have a heart-attack or faint or something but, to my amazement, I can kind of tell where it's going and, like, not die by being chomped on and doing a twist every time the lines go bold.

Okay, I'm going to sound crazy for saying this, not that I don't already, but I think the blurs are kind of like... Before-images? Sort of like the blur of a camera when something moves from one spot to another. Only, I'm seeing the picture before it happens. If that makes any sense at all. I think this might be it because, as I keep running down the street and hopping over cars and setting off alarms, I'm finding that almost every single blur I'm seeing is actually reached by that hideous blob thing.

This is just freaky and-ohGODTHERE'SMOREFEKKINGHELL.

"OKAY," I try to yell out, nearly choking on my own throat and tripping on the sidewalk, now fully sprinting and trying to get out of this red and black nightmare of blurs. "I think I get the point! I need to sleep more, I get it! I'll take my medication again, I swear, just don't let me get EATEN. OH FRICKHELPME." The last words were, embarrassingly, almost squeaked due to me suddenly being faced with not one, not two, but around five different blobs and all their accompanying red hazes of blinding color.

I can't see straight.
I can't breathe right.
I am going to die.

Someone help me, oh god. I'm not ready to die yet. I just wanted to live a normal life, isn't that okay? If I live past this, I'll kiss Marx full on the mouth! I swear to whatever Gods there may be I will feel up that boy and take life by the horns!

I'm about to collapse, really I am. They keep getting closer and I keep trying to get further and I keep falling and the blurs keep catching up and I'm not sure if I know which way is straight anymore.

I'm not even sure if hiding in a building would help. Would it? Oh god, I need something. Please oh please oh-GETITAWAYFRICK. OKAY, I GET IT, BUILDINGNOW.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Somehow, this thirty-second spot in particular was proving to be a thorn in my side.
It was decent, to be sure--but it lacked that clever zing that would make it memorable. I worked on perfecting it not only because my job depended on it, but because I desperately wanted something to keep my mind away from the enormous black moon that, in spite of the night, I could still see.

Clickity-click-click-click....
Click.
Clickclickclickclickclickclick.

Damn it all. I can't progress through the stack until I finish this one. I just can't.
At that point, I had completely written it five times, from five completely different approaches, and none of them had been any better than those moronic Coke Zero commercials. There would be a few laughs to be had, but each version would wear itself out too quickly. The reason that I'd been selected for the job in the first place was the fact that my writing wasn't the brain-diarrhea of some blowhard whose work could be imitated by a third-grader. I needed it to meet my standards--although I was really tempted to just say "screw it" by that time. Why do I even bother?

I was ready to slap one of the mediocre versions onto the page and just move on--when I suddenly found myself screaming and writhing on the floor. It felt as if some sadist blacksmith decided to pour molten metal into my head. I'm dying! Jesus, I'm dying! Stroke or seizure or something in my head! This was positively fantastic. I didn't even finish all of the ads on my stack.

The last thing attached to my name would be that god-awful spot for some two-star restaurant. My tombstone would read: "Jack Belling, (1988-2011). Dead before we could get sick of him." It was the least convenient time to die; no one would even find my body until morning, save for maybe the night janitor. After seeing how he cleans, though, I wouldn't bother crossing my fingers. I couldn't--because I'd be dead. My corpse would already be decomposing, all bloated and rotten...

Then, the pain stopped as abruptly as it had come--which was also unfortunate, because I'd now be obligated to submit the ads after having a chunk of my brain melt away. I was left with the feeling that after suffering through that much, I was entitled to some compensation.

When I dragged myself off of the carpeting--which actually took a short while, since I wanted to just lie there for a bit--the first thing I noticed was the fact that the sky was red. It wasn't some gorgeous sunset-red that you'd see on a postcard from some tropical resort, either; it was an ugly, bloody red. Well, there isn't any gray area now: I need a psych evaluation. Just what my bank account needs, too. None of the lights from the adjacent buildings were turned on, and all of the night traffic had disappeared. This was in the "City That Never Sleeps", by the way.

Something was moving down in the street, though, but it was too dark to see what the splotches actually were. Since they didn't seem to be doing anything in particular, I was tempted to just sit back down at my laptop and continue working; hallucinations aside, I felt sound enough. I'll see a doctor during lunch tomorrow...

The shocking pain from earlier still had me worried, but there wasn't anything that I could do at this hour, anyways...

Click-clickity-click-click...
...Click-click-click-clickyclick-click...
...Click-click-click.

Slthunk.

That was the sort of noise that I heard, about ten minutes into writing the next TV spot: "Slthunk." The best way to describe it was a sort of wet "thump", but that isn't very close to the truth, either. Yet more disturbing than the fact that I now heard noises was the fact that the noises were outside of my office door.

The thing was ugly, amorphous, and black like tar.
It was sucking, slurping, and moaning just past the glass.
I was horrified by the realization that my mind could create something that ugly--and that it did. I was so horrified that before I could stop and check myself, I had slammed my laptop shut and shot out the door, past the...thing. Sweetjesusmothergoddamn! The beige paint and bluish-gray carpeting all blurred together, as though the office had been thrown into a blender set to "high". I threw myself into the elevator as soon as it opened, then closed the doors as soon as I caught sight of the thing sloughing after me.

Ground floor...
Ground floor...
Get out of the building--and just drive home!

As I burst into the lobby, I nearly collapsed for a second time--because an entire mob of those hideous blobs was cramming its way through the front doors! Some shabbily-dressed kid flew inside, ahead of them by a narrow margin. From the style of her clothing, she seemed like some sort of punk delinquent, the type of teenager who grows up to be a lazy, stupid leech of a person.

Therefore, I had no issue with leaving her behind as I repeatedly smashed my finger against the elevator button. Oh, come on, now! I honestly would have chosen death-by-melted-brain if I'd known about this! God, I'm insane, I'm insane....

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
I turned away from the boy gathering myself, trying to piece together what it was I'd just experienced. He'd had flashes of his father before but never anything like this. Why now, why would he decided to show his face now and talk to me no less. Racking my brain to find the answer, putting my hands on my head, I tear or 2 streamed down my face. I stood there for a moments, back facing my "rescuer" as I started gathering myself. Whipping the tears from my face I turned back to him, watching him try and clean himself up a bit.

"I'm Nalin Esperanza, who are you?"

he told me, looking rather confident as he said it.

"I'm Eric."

I replied after taking a deep breath or two.

"Listen I'm sorry for snapping on you, I just...I've got a lot on my plate on top of this. Whatever THIS is. It's nothing against you personally, I just ain't one to trust everybody under the sun who I first meet ya know? So excuse me if I do anything you may deem unfriendly."

I turned away as I got back into my car, attempting to start it again, but it stalled. I keep trying but it wouldn't start. Just then he heard a voice behind him but it didn't match Nalin's. This one was...different. Turning my head slightly I saw another standing a bit far behind us. His words sounded muffled so I couldn't make out exactly what he said, but he seemed to be focused on Nalin as he started walking closer.

"and you're Thing 2" was the only thing I heard him say in the entire speech of his as he strolled towards us shifting his attention from Nalin, to me and back to my newly forced upon me companion. "Don't worry about the pecking order" this mystery man whispered to me, cupping his hands around his mouth. It was weird; he's so far away from me yet I heard his whispers as if he was right next to my ears. This confused me a bit, so much in fact I didn't know how to respond so I just whispered back.

"What...exactly is that supposed to mean..?"

I questioned, watching on as he turned his attention back towards Nalin only to vanish before my eyes and reappearance right behind him, mere feet away from me. My jaw dropped in amazement as I tried to handle what I had just seen.

"How did he...no...it's not possible..."

I muttered to myself, I was so confused I couldn't even hear what he'd said to Nalin. All I could do was watch on and hope he was on our side.

Last edited:

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Flowers my ass. I knew exactly where Ira was going and just what exactly he was going to do, as the ever-familiar smell of the Fragments filled my nostrils. He was going to go after them, his thinly-veiled lie did little to cover up that fact. Well, I'll be damned if I let him have all the fun. After all, I wanted to play with with the toys too.

"Yes, I, uh, have 'flowers' to attend to as well." It was more of a mock of Ira than anything else, but I certainly did not go out of my way to try to hide the fact that Ira was obviously lying. In fact, I suppose it could be said that I was actually hinting at it. But whatever. "So, yes, I do believe that I shall now go... attend to my flowers. There are 'weeds' that need killing, after all."

I tilted my head slightly toward the left, which was accompanied by the usual cracking sound. A 'goodbye crack', I suppose. After that, a black sphere, just slightly larger than my height in diameter so as to provide room for myself, engulfed my entire being. Then everything went black. That sparse moment, though not even a second in length, was completely and unarguably peaceful. Always has been, always will be. For that sparse moment, I'm not a Black Knight. For that sparse moment, I'm not in the Red Night. For that sparse moment, I feel no pain, no pleasure. For that sparse moment, I am nothing, existing within a plain of darkness and void, with no purpose and no reason. I am everything and, at the same time, I am nothing. For that sparse moment, I forget everything that I know, that I feel, that I think. For that sparse moment, I am at peace. Then it ends. And reality comes rushing back into me like waterfall of thick darkness, filling me back up to the rim with pain and suffering.

How I hate it. That little, sadistic slice of peace that is held over me, just out of reach, taunting me like one does with a piñata. It's lowered to me, so that I can always smell it, taste it, but it is always pulled back whenever I reach for it. So close, yet so far. And I know I can never reach it, being in a perpetual state of torture in all. It isn't right. Why can't I have peace like that? What did I do to deserve this? It just isn't right. No! It's the very essence of peace that isn't right! It isn't real! Never has been! Peace is nothing but a pipe-dream! A lie! All it is is an empty dream for those in pain, but, in reality, it only makes those in pain feel worse, dipping them deeper in pain. I must destroy peace! Yes! That is what I must do! When everyone feels the same pain as I, when everyone feels like I do, the empty facade of peace will be lifted and destroyed! Yes! That is what I must do!

The moment ended and the blackness gave way to the familiar light of the Red Night. The black sphere dissipated as I took a look around to see where I came out. Wasn't much to look at, though. Simply an elevator. Not exactly where I had imagined I would come out at. But, furthermore, where was the Fragment? I knew that I had smelled one near this location, with another very close by, but, as far as I could tell, I was the only one in the elevator. Maybe I--

Ding

Bingo. The door slid open to reveal the Fragment that I had smelled: A rather unimpressive specimen, though. Looked like a typical computer nerd, really. Though physical specifications are rather irrelevant when my interests reside elsewhere.

"Which floor, sir?" My lips curled upward, lifting the skeletal tattoo into a grimsley smile. I tilted my head to the right, which, as usual, was accompanied by the same cracking sound. However, I didn't stop there. Further and further, my head twisted at a grossly-unnatural angle. The cracking sound intensified, sending chills down my spine. More and more. Further and further. Crack! Crick! Snap! My head twisted a complete one hundred and eighty degrees, hanging disgustingly upside down, like an owl. My grin furthered as I took a few steps outside toward the man. "I'd be happy to assist you."

Tenyas

Okay, so, I sort of ran into this large complex without paying much attention as to where I was going. Hey, would you be worried about barging into somebody's house or not when you're being chased by around six blob monsters that seem to want to eat you? No, no you wouldn't. Cuz I'm certainly not.

Just as I get in, I don't even have enough time to try and slam shut the front doors, the things are that close behind me, so all I can really do is sprint ahead and hope I can outstrip them. Jeegus, am I just waiting to pass out now. Under normal circumstances, my blood pressure would have caused something to snap in my brain for 'ohmygodtimetofaint' mode. But, since I was actually severely panicked and in a life or death situation, I guess my body wanted to be nice to me.

Ahead of me, I saw some dude in an elevator smashing the buttons trying to make it go up quicker. Another person?! I'm not insane! Or, maybe I still am and he's just another bad delusion in my mind. Whatever the case, just as I look at him I can see this sort of yellow colored trail leading from him up the elevator shift. More of those before-image blurs? Well, like hell am I going to let him just leave me behind to die.

Just before the metal doors clasp shut, I slip into the box and dive into a corner. Okay, I admit it, I'm afraid. I guess I sort of strangle out this strange yelp as a slamming sound strikes the doors, making my vision go hazy with more of that disgusting blood red color. I am so sick of red now, you have no idea. Red red red. I just want it to be dead now.

So, it's safe to say that I just sit there and try to stay quiet. I still don't know if this dude is a hallucination or not or if I'm just going crazy or what. Maybe this elevator doesn't even exist? Perhaps this is all in my head as some whacked out delusion caused by years of poor sleeping and three days of absolutely no sleep and eating nothing but caffeinated things and raisins? God, I actually wish it is.

But, upon looking at the buttons within the elevator, I realize that it is, indeed, going upwards. I feel like I should panic a little bit just because of that but it's kind of hard to when you're still waiting for your lungs to catch up from the last incident.

Pretty soon, a ding rings out as the metal pulley-box stops on a floor, doors opening. Oh, yay, maybe I'm safe and can try to figure out what the hell is going on and not be chased by coffin-mouthed monsters anymore? Oh, wait, who's thatguyOHMYGODWHAT'SWRONGWITHHISHEAD?

Okay, okay, you can do this Zizi. You can totally take this delusion, just keep breathingandfffffnonononono, this is not good. NOT GOOD.

Oh, wait, this freaky thing just said 'sir'. Uhm. Maybe he won't notice me if I don't scream like I want to. Just sort of, uh, hide in this nice little corner away from the other stranger dude who was likely about to let me die before. Jeegus, I am an idiot. I am going to die.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
As I ran towards the girl things started to change around me. The buildings stretched upwards and the big gapping black sun kept creeping closer towards the ground. Then the girl and I phased through each other.

"What is going on!" the shadows that chased the girl now surrounded me. Swirls and flows of darkness seemed to radient from the sun overhead. Images of my life were being played in front of me and the Larvea, whatever they were exactly, morphed around me. From a small hole in the darkness I saw the girl in the crystal. "who..who are you?" Then I saw my best friend in the darkness and remembered the day of our big fight. Instantly I said "Die!" and a large rod appeared in my hand disspelling the darkness.

"What the!?" I was back on 5th ave where I got off the bus. Was I going crazy or something? I started walking back down to 54th street and stared at the statue of Atlas' punishment. From the top of Atlas' head he saw a black reflection. That sun was still there.

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I could feel him closer than ever, but it wasn't a surprise at all. With the bond we had there was never a time when I really didn't know what was up with Gula, or at least how far from me that he was at all times. It was like the space inside all of his blocks was continuously linked to my own space and because of that, he noticed certain things that occurred with Gula before others.

"Things are so far from the way they should be right now that you're the only person that matters to me ya know??" It was then that I spoke out loud, times told me that Gula was simply graced with my speech as I only bothered to open my mouth every so often and besides that something else was now happening which completely led to or would lead to an epic amount of fun for myself and the others and it wasn't very long before Ira and the grotesque one left to go terrorize the fragments, leaving in their own fashions that I honestly didn't care too much for, just the fact that they were gone was enough to please me to some extent....

Gula and I were close enough that he could probably feel my intentions to join in even though I hadn't yet said anything, so I just tapped his shoulder and winked, folding in one myself and vanishing as space closed out and moved me to another location...

~~~~~

"What the!?"Amusing as the situation would turn out for the fragment that stood confused and lost at the affairs that transpired around him; the street wasn't yet distorted but as the seconds passed in logical time, a bus pulled up at the stop nearby and the doors opened, a man whom was rather short, stumbled down the steps as the bus pulled off and walked toward the fragment, reaching him after several strides and looking up to his face.

"Can you tell me what time it is?? I'm late for an appointment and it seems my watch is broken?? My cell too..." The man wobbled even more than he had when getting off the bus and teetered forward and into Theo, backing up an stuttering an apology before crying out in pain and clutching his chest. "Help me please...I think something horrible is happening to me and I...ugh."

The man retched and doubled over gasping as fresh vomit spilled from his mouth, splattering onto the pavement like a vile sludge, but more awkward things began to fall from his mouth to which the man only tried to scream as first a large table and then even a car seemed to somehow fall from his mouth as a mixture of more vomit and blood cascaded from his gaping mouth.

'That's interesting eh?? Just look at how much stuff you can fit in a single person. Just what do you think about that Theo?? do they teach you about phenomena such as this in school, or no....'

Socordio's voice flitted across Theo's mind in a mocking tone as the man exploded, the space inside him not able to contain the rush of material that had been placed there by Socordio and then himself being lodged with a man. Entrails and human debris littered the immediate area as Socordio brushed himself off and turned to look at Theo, both of his eyes glowing their normal vibrant shade or color and as usual they flickered with lightning.

~~~~~

'Hi.' I said, my tone inside his head sounding more normal and less intimidating. 'What's a kid like you doing out here in odd chaos like this hmm?? Looking for trouble maybe, or just trying to find some kind of adventure.'

Of course it didn't matter his reasons at all, just that he was a fragment and that I could play with him for awhile, his death meant nothing more to me than Ira's banter or the annoying voice that Superbia had. All those things meant nothing to me. All I cared about was what was right in front of me and the fear that had spilling out of Theo's head that I sucked up like it was grape drink or something sweet and unhealthy.

Darkness billowed behind me and obscured the street ahead as I asked a simple question. "Do you want to play??"

Nalin Calhoun

As I finished fixing myself up, the new guy settled down especially after introductions had began. My new companion didn't trust me, and that was perfectly fine, because I didn't trust him. At the same time though, it was hard for me not to want to help him out. If this guy had some ability like mine, he wasn't manifesting it yet. Not only that, but there was something off about the "power" in the air at that moment. Like the introduction of wind into a previously enclosed, gas filled chamber. I tired to pinpoint it, but it was too early after my powers awakening. I was a fast learner, but I wasn't going to pick up everything about my abilities in a matter of hours. Putting the feeling to the side for now, I looked back at Eric.

"It's no problem. I've my own share of experience with untrustworthy folk. If I were you, I wouldn't trust me either." I shrugged. "Still, even though it may sound weird for me to say so, I'm here to help you. People like us, and by us I mean people stuck in this hellhole, should stick together, right?" As I said that, I finally felt what was odd about the air. There was a foreign presence forcing it's way into things. Not only that, but it was strongly vivified. It was like sensing a torrent of life force contained inside of a bullet, or in this case, a person. Taller than me, this guy was thin like a reed and looked about as threatening as a puppy dog, but my...sense told me otherwise. Something about him was simply not right and no person that I'd ever sensed in the other world had ever given off a feeling even remotely felt like this.

Like goddamn Peter Pan this guy was floating around and playing with us as if we were idiots. My alarm bells were ringing pretty vigorously, but as I still didn't understand the way this place worked, I decided to take the more polite route anyways. I still kick myself in the ass for even engaging this guy in any kind of extended conversation. When the guy disappeared and reappeared behind me, I nearly jumped. I spun on my heels to face him and scowled.

"Why would you want to help us, and who are you? What are you?" I say roughly to the man while also trying to hold back the urge to run. Okay, so perhaps this wasn't too polite, but it was better than a fist to the face and a mad dash down some random alley. I was trying to be civilized to some degree in a situation that didn't merit it. A very light haze of power danced across my skin in my stressed state.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
"Ah! You're right, why would I want to help you guys? You aren't really good for anything..." I placed my hand to my chin in deep thought, this was really getting annoying. I wanted to help these guys but I didn't know how to go about it... Spontaneous combustion is too messy, I could always just pop their heads right off... No, everything is just too messy to clean up. Ah, I got it!

I snapped my fingers and stared at them with new found inspiration, "You guys could just kill yourselves! Get it over with ya know?" Another wave of inspiration struck me, oh baby this one was a beaut! I raised my hands to silence the two as I began to recite every so eloquently and gracefully.

"Little people why?
Why must you exist like trash?
Why don't you just die?"

Oh my goodness that was beautiful, my best one to date if I do say so myself. I grinned at the two but I didn't expect applause, I was so used to making people speechless that it is pretty natural now. Ah, I think I may have busted their brains with that overflow of genius.

"I know, I know you guys are star-struck, but don't worry I would be more than happy to sign a few autographs for you." I extended my hands and two pieces of paper along with an accommodating pen materialized in them. Ah, I would need to know their names... Eh, not important, they're going to die anyways it would be pointless to write their names down. Oh, maybe they want to write a last will and testament! Ack! How could I have been so selfish.

I jumped to my feet and placed a hand on the car, "I just remembered something; you guys don't have any time to waste." The car was lifted up high in the air and I stepped away from its proximity and with a quick drop fell right on top of Nalin. Darkness engulfed me and I reappeared right behind Eric, the shadows bent away from the night sky and wrapped themselves around him tightening in a vice-like grip.

"Right then, as much as I want to kill you I need to know your opinion on that haiku of mine. Was it totally cool as usual?"

Nalin Calhoun

It was while I stood there watching the car falling towards me, that I repremanded myself for not just punching this freak of nature in the face upon his arrival. With a loud crash, it was on top of me, though my instincts weren't willing to let me die so easily. A shell of condensed life energy covered me as the car landed upon my terribly surprised form, so what would originally have crushed me simply struck me doing no real damage. Okay, sure getting hit head on by a car is no fun experience and I will admit that the air was forced out of my lungs. There's nothing more terrifying than your first time getting struck by an object weighing several tons. Still, after a few seconds of collecting myself after just such an experience, I felt this immense fury bubbing up in me. Energy began to flow into me as my anger increased, as if me being pissed off attracted it to me. The ground beneath me began to crack under the pressure of the energy I was gathering. In my eyes, one could see lifeblood flowing about like brilliant blue and green light. Outside, I could hear that arrogant psychopath asking for an opinion on his haiku, and as he did, I swept my hand to the side. Surprisingly enough, the car rolled away from me with immense momentum, colliding with a nearby building.

I jumped to my feet, feeling light as a feather, and I turned to look at the man who was now using the very shadows of the night sky to attack Eric. I looked at our attacker with a cold hatred and said matter-of-factly, "Anyone with an ounce of creative ability can do a haiku. It says a lot about you that you choose such an easy poetic genre." I scoffed and shrugged.

"Hell, even I can do a haiku." I said, clearing my throat.

"The pompous asshole
Thinner than a broken twig
Don't quit your day job."

A masterpiece if I did say so myself. Not only that, but with any luck, it would get his attention away from Eric. I was wary to attack him for fear that he would cause me to redirect my abilities at Eric. I couldn't do anything pretty with my powers at this point. Only big and forceful maneuvers were within my skills and that meant, dangerous to anything in the surrounding area unfortunately.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
~Coraleye 1st~

Staring at the developing situation that Eric and Nalin had got themselves into, I never felt the need to make the annoucement that I was there. No, it would be foolish to interrupt a Black Knight. They were too powerful for such lowly fragments such as I but, I was a foolish being since birth. My eyes buried deep into the alluring appearance of the Black Knight, I was intoxicated by the sheer force of power that radiated from his very being. Focusing my eyesight upon the street, almost inches away from ravaged Eric and haiku spouting Knight.

Suddenly my body became transparent as a white light formed around my being. It was a cool feeling but, got blazing hot as my body literally reformatted beside Eric and the Knight. Closing my eyes, I thought it was my time to have some fun with the dummy who thought he could show up and start playing game with fragments. Now it was my turn to have fun with him.

My words were just loud for only Eric, Nalin and the Black Knight to hear.
A foolish fool
Born into stupidity
Your haiku sucked

This was done more so to hit a nerve then to help the other two fragments, who were in need of assistance. Extending my right arm to the darkness that had Eric esnared, my mind read through the very materials that made up the area around them before I snapped my fingers. Shifting the molecules around the darkness, cutting them in half, which casued a chain reaction of a mass explosion but, it was contained by my own powers. These explosions were enough to free Eric from the darkness and make the Knight back away to safety.

"My motives are clear. Push for battle and I'll kill you." I stated in a calm voice and a smile.

~Cessai 3rd~

His eyes stared into the void known space as he played the bass line of Final Fantasy's battle theme on his bass guitar. As much as Avaritia wanted to find someone and talk or have battle, he loved staring at space. He wanted to reach up and grab it for himself. He wanted it all to be his and he hated that he couldn't own the planets aswell. His relaxation was cut short as he could feel the pull of Coraleye using his powers.

"So the boy is on the move again. And I know where." Cessai commented as he grinned from ear to ear. Shifting his body into leaves, Cessai was gone with the wind. Moving all the way to the location of Coraleye, a strong wind pushed against Eric, Nalin, and the others. It was then that Cessai's body formed from the leaves that accompanied the wind.

"Hi boys and girls. I see it's fun time over here."

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Seriously if there were other people like me they couldn't have as back luck as I did. A man came up behind me asking about the time and then he was vomitting. I jumped back in disgust forgetting about the black sun. The unfortunately potent smell of the vomit only made things worse when the guy exploded and "little fat man" was everywhere. But noone seemed to react to this. I looked around everywhere until this elusive, enigmatic voice drifted into my head. I looked deadahead (yes I know bad joke no offense the "fat man") and saw some guy staring at me.

"'That's interesting eh?? Just look at how much stuff you can fit in a single person. Just what do you think about that Theo?? do they teach you about phenomena such as this in school, or no....'"

Weirded out doesn't even begin to describe how I felt. I was scared beyond belief and it was simply because of the voice in my head. I mean yeah exploding people isn't normal but the fact that this guy just stared at me I was almost positive it was his voice in my head. I tried to step back practically slipping on a bloody lung. Darkness then surrounded the creeper as his voice again wiggled into my mind.

"'Do you want to play?'"

I stared back and kept thinking in my mind "away away." Either he was talking lower or his voice was really fading as I said those words to myself. "I don't know if I can play with you you don't look like someone who plays word games." Though my fear wasn't leaving the shadows were failing to get closer to me. Each time I thought away a small bit of the shadow would fall back. Maybe all those games of Scrabble might actually pay off . . . if I survived this game.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Watching on in shock as this newcomer and Nalin had a war of works back and forth, it was clear to me that both were rather cocky in their abilities, perhaps a bit too confident. Suddenly my car went flying high into the air; caught off guard by this random occurrence, I stumbled out of the car landing hard on the pavement as it was thrusted into the air. I looked back at Nalin then towards the boy then towards the car again.

"Get out of the way!"

I shouted, my car being slammed down on top of Nalin's unsuspecting body.

"He's gotta be dead, no normal person could've survived something like that..."

I started to freak out a bit, afterall I had just seen another person slain right before my eyes. Trying to get to my feet I stumbled a bit. Clutching my ribs; as I landed directly on my side as the car was lifted up, managing to hobble my way towards our now clear enemy. My eyes fixed on him I continued to slowly inch closer when suddenly he disappeared. I felt my ribs tighten, almost crack as the air started to feel forced out of me. Right then, as much as I want to kill you I need to know your opinion on that haiku of mine. Was it totally cool as usual?", I heard him say in my ear. He'd teleported again, only this time I was his intended target. I began to panic and the more I struggled but my efforts were in vain, the pain was too much. What was mere seconds felt like hours as the air in my lungs started to fade. I passed out from pain and exhaustion.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I blinked a few times which actually caused both of my eyes to flicker in and out of a lightning barrage of sparks that ran up the sides of my head and then into the air and dissipated, but while that happened, I found that something was being conjured around me, a force that had mingled inside of my spatial interference as within a second or so of the thought whisper from Theo, my body was moved away.

It was interesting to behold, but I wondered why the kid even bothered to do such a thing and to what ends was it to him?? I moved maybe 10 or so feet into the distance, and then walked back to where I was before. Since I could hear Theo's thoughts and he didn't want to stop saying 'away' inside his head, I pulled down the high collar around my face and grinned, as the smoke and shadows that billowed from me vanished, apparently some result of whatever his power was.

So he'd said away?? What if I thought grow??

~~~~~

Socordio bent down low and chuckled aloud, a raspy sound that was unlike the smooth sound of his voice inside Theo's mind as his actual voice box went unused so often that certain tones of speech of his were actually now distorted but that mattered not when the means came out right. It was then that a piece of the fat man whom had exploded grew along the ground grew, blood dripping off it and splashing to the ground as it wobbled and at once smashed into a parked car beside Theo, crushing part of it and then smashing upward to flip the car right toward the kid of words.

'Hahahaha, word games?? I LOVE word games Theo!!! How about another word??'

Socordio's eyes glowed ominously as he rasped aloud, "Shrink." and the car that would have smashed Theo shrunk down to the size of a matchbox car, space around it having been taken away and crushing it unto almost nothing even though the density remained the same and a massive dent in the ground was visible where it hit. This was Socordio just being amused with himself...

~~~~~

There wasn't a beat skipped as I turned around and released a torrent of psionic impulse from behind me, certainly enough to wash away the boy and send him flying backwards. Hopefully he didn't snap his neck or something terrible of the sorts, but of course it DID save me quite a bit of time. I'm terribly lazy when it comes to these kinds of things.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Finally, after what felt like hours of jabbing that elevator button, those damned doors finally slid back open...

...unveiling the most horrifically disgusting thing I've ever seen in my life. While the black slabs were disgustingly inhuman, this nightmare looked as though it was trying to be human, but fell short of the mark. It was a rough approximation of a man who had somehow managed to survive being beaten, bitten, broken, torn, stabbed, and dragged across pavement. I don't think that my mind could conjure up something that twisted, schizophrenic or not.

It moved crookedly, lurching out of the elevator.
The bloodless lips peeled back, exposing rank, diseased gums.

Oh, God...
The head...It's popping, twisting..! Stop!

I could hear every scrape, pop, and creak of bone with clarity. It might as well have been my own neck vertebra being twisted around--because I could almost hear the unnatural scraping inside of my head. Within milliseconds, the noise shot down my spine, set my heart into overdrive, and liquefied my stomach. The nightmare-man grinned as though there was nothing amiss.

I'm insane, I'm insane, I'm insane...
Oh, for the love of--Stop it!

To make a short story even shorter, I vomited father than I've ever vomited before.
If I'd made it a point to see how far it had flown, I honestly wouldn't have been surprised to see my launched bowels hit the far end of the elevator. At that point, however, a few other matters had higher priority--the chief of these being the corpse in front of me, and the blobs behind me. Despite my spinning head, I could see that the black slabs had oozed in past the doors, and were beginning to form a circle around myself, the corpse, and the kid. Raising my head was like raising an anchor between my shoulders, but I forced myself to it; I needed to find a path to take me away from the elevator lobby.

I made a beeline for the back entrance--from which I could reach the parking garage--but was immediately stopped in my tracks by another blob slithering in from the shadows. I realized then that they must have the entire building surrounded; frankly, I felt cheated. Life had bequeathed me with a kick in the ass, after it had already dumped an anvil on my back, and laughed as it crushed me to the floor.

To hell with it! Really! Those things have already eaten through my office, no doubt, so where is the goddamn point in all of this!? If it's all real, I'm dead--and if I'm hallucinating, I might as well be! I was convinced that there was a God at this point, because He had clearly sent me to hell.

Meanwhile, the air in front of me seemed to...vibrate, or shimmer, like the horizon of a road in the summertime. Everything was under the effect of a faint distortion, outlines rippling like fluid. After everything that I'd experienced in the past twenty minutes, though, I wasn't even concerned. I was just waiting for the final blow to strike, and for this awful nightmare to end--even though it terrified me.

Slthunk. The ugly dark blob sloughed up to me...

...then abruptly spat out in pain, hissing and sizzling. It made no further moves towards me. All around me, the blobs were making a sort of perimeter, as if they were wary of being too close. None of the blobs wanted to enter the ring of shimmering air, leaving me standing with a yard or two between us....I imagine this is some sort of consolation prize, then? I looked back to the center of the lobby, to that nasty kid from earlier--and the corpse monster.

"S-seriously?" I asked to no one in particular. Both of them could easily have been hallucinations, so I guess that it was more to myself than either one of them.

Tenyas

Oh god. Oh god oh god oh god. I just wanna get out of here, I'm seeing disgusting colors everywhere and some of them aren't just from my synesthesia. That dude just barfed and-ohgod-I think I'm going to burst too. Sh!t, why the hell did he have to do that? My stomach is half-empty asides from some stupid frickin' raisins and now I'm thinking I'm going to lose every last thing left in me. I'm tired, I just ran a marathon full of car-hurtles and full on monsters trying to rape me or swallow me or something. I'm scared and I'm sore and I don't know what the hell to do or think because the yellow-bellied bastard just ran off through the back doors.

How old is this dude? He was about to leave me to DIE and escape up an elevator, although that hasn't done shizz for the situation at hand. What is this... THING in front of me? It looks like it could be human, but more like the sort of 'human' you could expect out of an R rated horror. He's mutilated and it's disgusting. I'm not even sure if he qualifies as a 'he'. For all I know, the body horror could be enough to just make it androgynous or something.

Frick, I am losing my mind if I'm debating the gender of something that could very well be thinking of like fifty different ways to fricken' disembowel me.

Okay, okay, Zizi. Just breathe. Just keep breathing and, whatever the f**k you do, do not pass out. Don't pass out. DO NOT PASS OUT YOU NARCOLEPTIC FREAK.

You have no idea how hard it is for me to keep consciousness right now. My blood pressure is through the roof and I think I'm going to have a heart attack or just flop onto my side and black out and die in my sleep or be swallowed and wake up in some hellish purgatory where there's no end to the colors and blindness and red and-oh god.

Just.

Keep.

Breathing.

Ignore that disgusting puke smell and how that mutilated thing smells like that dead cat you found last month that was covered in maggots. I can do this, I can do this. I can keep control. I can do this. I...

I can't do this when there's more of those THINGS coming right at me.

"F**k this sh!t! F**k this, f**k, f**k, f**k-" I jump up onto my feet and bolt out the back doors, away from the corpse man.

Okay, what the shizz does that dude have around him? I don't really care right now, it just seems to be keeping those black, red-blurry, things away from him so it might be safe if I just hop in and-

OH GOD, that hurts.

I shout out and start batting at my own clothes and skin, as if I'm on fire. Because it sure as hell feels like I AM. "What the HELL are you doing you bastard! What didja do to-GAH!" Okay, okay, I need to stay calm, I'm not on fire, I'm not on fire, I'm not on fire.

But, those beasties seem to have realized that I am defenseless.

What the frick did I do to deserve this. What did I do? What do I do now?!

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
"Man that hurt!" This guy had somehow flung me into the wall just by turning his back. This guy was really freaking me out. And not like the look at that weirdo on the bus freaky but paranormal activity-demonic possession freaky. I was running all around my mind trying to figureout who he was.

"Okay so you do seem good with words and know how to cheat in games!" I didn't know what I was going to do and really I was started to thinks words wouldn't help me. then I thought of when I kept saying "away" and how the guy started moving further back. A strange awareness overtook me and an array of words started flooding my mind. Then an image appearred of a girl. The girl in the crystal. Clearly I wasn't dreaming earlier. I looked up at the statue of Atlas and suddenly I felt the weight of my fear holding my down.

"If i just say what it is they will fly away." I thought. I got up probably looking like a drunk as a stumbled at first. Now it was my turn to play a few words. "Okay so I have a game and its called Around the World...what can be brought with you 'around the world'. The wind started to blow through the glass and metal buildings on MidTown Manhatten. "First an apples can go around the world." The wind blew against us picking up each time. A storm coming. "And next . . ." the wind shot towards me as I lifted up my arm towards the creeper "repulse comes next!" The wind bounces off me as the word was said and threw the man across the street into the window of a store.

"Next word?"

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
"Interesting, the cockroaches speak!
Spouting so-called art; the deaf will applaud
Falling to misery, your voices shant reach
You may have a taste of my awesome sauce"

His voice chimed through the entirety of the city yet it wasn't spoken. Ira's mouth hadn't moved and yet his message was spread across this dead land. Reality exploded and the boundaries of existence were tugged and yanked at indiscriminately from Ira's mere presence. When Coraleye had appeared suddenly Ira was taken aback from the sudden desire to save these miserable fools. Ira felt rather popular since he had not only three people to play with but one of them knew how to bite back! During his spasm of explosions that freed Eric of his bonds Ira had purposely moved into the explosions, rolling his eyes at how incessantly naive this Coraleye was for believing mere explosions would stop his movements short. Ira's left hand became enshrouded in light and when Coraleye spoke his little banter Ira ran him through and cut right through his chest.

The resultant being from this attack - colloquially known as a "slice" - would be far more severe than one would imagine. Reality burned and corroded around his arms; the mere existence of this corrosive material covering his arm was intense to the extent in which the air around it became sour and disgusting as it reverted back to its original substances. Without losing a beat Ira materialized right in front of Nalin his leg already in motion for a sweeping roundhouse kick,

"Nalin; answer me, how do you view pain?
How high is your tolerance, I wonder
So before you die I think I'll explain
Insect, watch as you are cast asunder."

Moving at immeasurable speeds the gravitating atmosphere was foregone from Ira's whim. In more eloquent terms; time is nonparallel to existence at the moment. It wasn't that he was moving far faster than any human eye could scrutinize. It wasn't that his movements were unfathomable to any outsider. It is rather simple to explain actually. nothing mattered when Ira was thrown into the equation. He didn't make himself move faster than light travel, he didn't make himself stronger, smarter, swifter, or anything pertaining to conventional terminology for physical attributes. He made all of that nonexistent.

The explosive force from his "light-speed kick" - articulated from Ira's paradoxical mind - was so much that the building directly behind Nalin exploded and crashed to the floor in a deafening careening collision. The earth had snapped open and viciously swallowed up Eric's unconscious body to drag him to the depths of hell it seems. By the time anyone would be able to perceive those simultaneous direct actions Ira was back at his original spot right by where Eric's body would have been.

"Ah, let's see, that was ummm... Point oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-seven three seconds?" Ira smiled, he managed to hold back on his speed! Pretty proud that the time it took to complete all of his actions was .0000000073 seconds Ira happily bounced in place. He glanced at his chest to notice a massive scar tore through his body and exposed his flesh and bone adorning what used to be his torso; he frowned. Waving his hand over his bloodied chest he sighed as all evidence from that damage disappeared and slapped his forehead, "Crap, I forgot to dodge that first attack."

A bit miffed that his record time was preceded by a silly little mistake resulting in a fatal wound Ira took a bagel and began to chew on it thoughtfully.

"Man, now who am I going to take this out on?" If everything went according to plan Eric would be in his custody, Nalin would have his head disintegrated from being kicked at the speed of light and that Coraleye person would be dematerializing molecule by molecule. Ira glared at Cessai and crossed his arms childishly.

"You owe me a service for this, service!"

Last edited:

Nalin Calhoun

Many people say that one's true colors come out in times of great stress. Well, I think in the moment before the Black Knight's kick struck me; I actually became fully aware of my Life force senses. Though my normal perception couldn't even begin to fathom his attack, my other sense, my perception of all things living no matter what plane they seemed to inhabit, did. Without quite knowing what I had done, I gathered an unimaginable amount of energy into my body. The kick struck me as I felt the energy fuse into my skin and begin to change my very being. I flew backwards at immense speeds, but I felt no pain. I think my skull might have been shattered at one point, but it mattered little as it repaired itself. The building behind me burst with the force of the man's kick and rubble smashed into me, cutting my skin at first, though within seconds, it simply bounced off. When the man's foot had touched me, I thought I would be pulled apart by the forces that acted upon my form, but it seemed as if the energy of life itself was holding my body together, seeping into every aspect of my being.

When I finally stopped, I gasped as energy kept flowing into me from the surrounding air. I stood up, and looked about. The place I had flown through was a path of utter destruction. There was a massive pile of rubble where the building I’d passed through had collapsed. I scowled as I thought of the other two guys that were with me. Eric and that other guy who'd saved him. I thought I could see the ground open up under Eric before being flung away, but I couldn't be sure. In the back of my mind, there was a small sense of exhaustion trying to make itself heard. I had already pushed my body further that it had ever been pushed before and I was only going to push it more before this was done. I knew that once I let go of this energy, I would feel that weariness crash into me at its full extent, but now wasn't the time to worry about it. Power charged my legs and I leaped. I flew up to the tops of buildings with one strong push off the hard earth, and then, oddly enough, I ran at blurring speeds in mid air, using the life force as a sort of traversable surface. I could see Ira down in the street in which we fought, and I gathered energy behind me. The world around me distorted itself in the wake of this much Vitae. I aimed it at the psychopathic poet and with cold hatred, I said,

"How do I view pain?" The energy gathered in such quantity that it seemed to almost glow a faint green. "I will take anything you throw at me, because bullies like you simply need to be put down." With that, I released the power, and boy was there a LOT of it. The air, no, the boundaries of reality itself seemed to complain as the energy moved at great speeds towards the enemy. The Windows and walls of nearby buildings shattered as it approached. Before it hit the ground, I zoomed past my own attack and spotted Coreleye bleeding, and most likely dead. Sweeping him up in my arms, we moved out of the way as the immense energy struck the square, likely striking Ira into oblivion. If only I was that lucky. Eric was nowhere to be seen, so my earlier view of the guy being swallowed up by the ground itself was likely accurate. Coreleye however, was in terrible shape, and needed attention. If he was still alive, he wouldn't last long without some kind of care.

With all speed, I zoomed towards my home, and by extension towards Times Square. There was a pull in that direction, and if there was anyone who could help, he felt like they would be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back