• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

11 Years of Rust

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Guilty of not practicing for several years, i'll be the first admit this.
I think the last thread I threw up in this section was roughly 10 years ago, some fan kingdom hearts fan art from when I was 16/17 or so.

Missed it, kinda just wanted to try to be more habitual about drawing SOMETHING at the very least.
Lol so i guess, yeah, I do more than just write freestyles and poetry on here haha.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

If you can see this Ulti. I saw NZ's sketch of Koinu, as well as Ratticus, I'm going to at some point do my own versions of both characters.

Side note: Eventually finish Team 17 as well...EVENTUALLY...still working on Yuki, Kai, and Rayex-sensei

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Guilty of not practicing for several years, i'll be the first admit this.
I think the last thread I threw up in this section was roughly 10 years ago, some fan kingdom hearts fan art from when I was 16/17 or so.

Missed it, kinda just wanted to try to be more habitual about drawing SOMETHING at the very least.
Lol so i guess, yeah, I do more than just write freestyles and poetry on here haha.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

It's better than how I draw poses. I pretty much suck at drawing poses.

This drawing reminds me of an Anti-Aqua, sort of like how Sora has an Anti-Sora Drive Form in KH2.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I'm not skilled enough to draw from memory when it comes to poses. I'm currently in the process of drawing from several pose examples before I work my way up to doing size-distortion/spacing/depth/distance, etc.

^^; I have several drawing ideas but most of the time you kind of have to just do it when your inspired, forcing it has never really worked for me. I've always found it was easier to draw or even paint at your best when your motivated to do those things.

Most of the stuff I use now as far as materials/equipment goes.
-Newsprint (paper) 18x24
-Sketchpad for most mediums is 11x14
-18inch Steel Ruler
-Standard Graphite 4H -> 8B pencils
-Charcoal Dust
-Compressed Charcoal
-Conte Crayon (Just White and Red)
-Erasers both Kneaded + Block

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I'm not skilled enough to draw from memory when it comes to poses. I'm currently in the process of drawing from several pose examples before I work my way up to doing size-distortion/spacing/depth/distance, etc.

^^; I have several drawing ideas but most of the time you kind of have to just do it when your inspired, forcing it has never really worked for me. I've always found it was easier to draw or even paint at your best when your motivated to do those things.

Most of the stuff I use now as far as materials/equipment goes.
-Newsprint (paper) 18x24
-Sketchpad for most mediums is 11x14
-18inch Steel Ruler
-Standard Graphite 4H -> 8B pencils
-Charcoal Dust
-Compressed Charcoal
-Conte Crayon (Just White and Red)
-Erasers both Kneaded + Block

Have you thought about getting a tablet?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Jeez Rien, you can draw too? Great job on the the poses and shading, by the way. I'm not good enough to do poses from memory either, and I'm still trying to figure out how to make jeans look right. Looks like you've got clothing down, at least.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
When drawing clothing your usually left with a few options based on what you want to do.

Theres: Skin-Tight/Body Suits. For example a wet suit that scuba divers wear.

Fitted. As the name suggests, theres usually little deviation in the figure/body's natural curves, when your drawing clothes they protrude slightly off the body while still complementing the body's shape.

Baggy/Loose. Usually seen with men's clothes, can be done for women as well. The clothes are generally speaking, disproportionate to the body and the lines protrude from the figure/body enough to where it isn't considered fitted.

Overwear (Hoodies,Jackets, Trenchcoats, etc) I probably struggle with this the most. Over wear can be a pain to draw based on what angle your facing. Trench coats effectively drown the body, your basically drawing just the coat vs any real curvaceous figure. If you do this first then add the figure's exposed limbs it may make the process a lot simpler.

Lingerie/Underwear+Socks. Once your base figure/body is finished your pretty much just adding skin tight lines in the respective areas. The best practice is doing leggings on a female sketch.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
When drawing clothing your usually left with a few options based on what you want to do.

Theres: Skin-Tight/Body Suits. For example a wet suit that scuba divers wear.

Fitted. As the name suggests, theres usually little deviation in the figure/body's natural curves, when your drawing clothes they protrude slightly off the body while still complementing the body's shape.

Baggy/Loose. Usually seen with men's clothes, can be done for women as well. The clothes are generally speaking, disproportionate to the body and the lines protrude from the figure/body enough to where it isn't considered fitted.

Overwear (Hoodies,Jackets, Trenchcoats, etc) I probably struggle with this the most. Over wear can be a pain to draw based on what angle your facing. Trench coats effectively drown the body, your basically drawing just the coat vs any real curvaceous figure. If you do this first then add the figure's exposed limbs it may make the process a lot simpler.

Lingerie/Underwear+Socks. Once your base figure/body is finished your pretty much just adding skin tight lines in the respective areas. The best practice is doing leggings on a female sketch.

This will surely come in handy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back