• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

10 year Anniversary of Kingdom Hearts II

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Today marks the 10 year Birthday for Kingdom Hearts 2 released in North America. I'll never forget it, picked up the game with the Collector's Edition Guide book. And it was the beginning of Spring Break for me.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
BTW, today is also the 14th anniversary of KH1 in Japan, right? :3
Happy double birthday then, I suppose.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME!
WISH YOU THE BEST!
SINCERELY,
YOUR MUKE

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i remember this day. my dad drove me down to buy it but we caught a flat tire so i sat in the walmart garage with the box in my hand falling in love with every detail. then we headed home and i popped it into the PS2 immediately, the sun was setting so coincidentally it was twilight. i found every aspect of the game completely awesome and it was totally perfect in my eyes.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I remember driving to EB Games an hour away after school to buy it on the first day of release, only for them not to have it in the store and I had to do the same thing again the next day. And then buying the guide (in box) and it had spots all throughout the pages when I got home. Maybe that was foreshadowing? lol

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
vHAeRI9.jpg

Well, it's been ten years, Seifer.
*brings out my old PS2 copy and promptly beats Seifer's ass*

Anagram

Banned
I remember buying it still. Back when interest, discussion and love for the series was at it's highest. I miss you pre-handheld-console-spread days <3
Back in them days when you could stretch a linear or somewhat empty game like KH2 with cheats and glitches for months <3

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ten years ago, this was the most important day of some of y'all's lives. But for me... pfft, I was a kid who didn't even play video games back then! Still, even though I had no idea that this was happening, KHII was big enough that the manga was being sold at my school's book fair that year. Yep, that was my first glimpse at the franchise... Shiro Amano artwork of a spiky-haired kid with Chip and Dale sitting on his head.

Oh how the times have changed.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Ten years ago, this was the most important day of some of y'all's lives. But for me... pfft, I was a kid who didn't even play video games back then! Still, even though I had no idea that this was happening, KHII was big enough that the manga was being sold at my school's book fair that year. Yep, that was my first glimpse at the franchise... Shiro Amano artwork of a spiky-haired kid with Chip and Dale sitting on his head.

Oh how the times have changed.

you aren't much younger than us (me especially), but unfortunately you don't completely feel what we do for this game and franchise.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
you aren't much younger than us (me especially), but unfortunately you don't completely feel what we do for this game and franchise.
Maybe not, but hey, what can I do about it? I didn't grow up with it, but it's still become one of my favorite franchises of all time. Good enough for me! ​plus I haven't had 14 years of exposure to whittle down my patience and turn me all exasperated with the franchise as of now.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Man alive to remember waiting for this game, and playing it with my buddy Holden, and my ex friend all those years ago. Man the game was crazy, and crazy fun. I still need to get it for PS3.

redcrown

Awards
I didn't play the KH series until 2008, two years after the KH2 release. I first got a copy of KH2 from a sisters friend who wasn't into it. Played for a very short time, was confused as hell, and bought the first game soon after to find out more about it. Hooked ever since.

1 true mistake I made was not knowing of CoM existence until after I played KH2, so the game left me frustrated and confused as to why Sora didn't care that he woke up in a giant egg under a mansion a year later after KH1 and never bothered to find out why.

Luckily Re:CoM was released days after I finished KH2. ;)

Awards
Website
the-blue-wraith.tumblr.com
Wow 10 years, I remember watching my sister playing it when we were still young. This was my first KH game I've played. I remember back in 2009 my little brother was very sad I decided to play KH2 to cheer him up and that's how I began to love the series. I'll never forget that day. :D

xanillos

Awards
I was late to the party - but after a few years, KH is still just as near and dear to my heart. I'm sure it still will be after ten. There's something so inexplicably good about this series that's drawn me in like few games ever have.

(maybe that was seifer's point - come back in ten years and you love it the same. the true struggle victory was the friends you made along the way)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back