• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

1.5 HD Remix Announcement Said To Apply To Japan Only By SE Rep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: 1.5 HD Remix Announcement Said To Be Japan Only By SE Rep

Fixed the title for you because that is not what the article says. Also we knew this during TGS. Well a few of us did.

This has been par the norm for all KH games. BBS was announced for just Japan at first. So was Days, and KH3D.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
My jimmies shan't be rustled.

Mark of Mastery Edition sold like hot cakes. Proof we, as a market, will absorb all KH merchandise.
The past will be reawakened as a new number. Proof we got confirmation of a localization? I just gotta have faith!

[video=youtube;lu3VTngm1F0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu3VTngm1F0[/video]

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
It only applies to Japan for now because it was announced in a Japanese event. I have no doubt that it will be localized.

johnboy3434

Awards
My jimmies shan't be rustled.

Mark of Mastery Edition sold like hot cakes. Proof we, as a market, will absorb all KH merchandise.
The past will be reawakened as a new number. Proof we got confirmation of a localization? I just gotta have faith!

Faith is nice and all (George Michael is decidedly not), but history is against us on the matter:

FF7 International? Worldwide.
FF10 International? Japan and Europe only.
FF10-2 International + Last Mission? Japan only.
KH Final Mix? Japan only.
DoC International? Worldwide.
KH2 Final Mix? Japan only.
FF12 International Zodiac Job System? Japan only.
Dissidia Universal Tuning? Worldwide.
FF13 Ultimate Hits International Edition? Japan only.
BbS Final Mix? Japan only.

The numbers don't look good.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Faith is nice and all (George Michael is decidedly not), but history is against us on the matter:

FF7 International? Worldwide.
FF10 International? Japan and Europe only.
FF10-2 International + Last Mission? Japan only.
KH Final Mix? Japan only.
DoC International? Worldwide.
KH2 Final Mix? Japan only.
FF12 International Zodiac Job System? Japan only.
Dissidia Universal Tuning? Worldwide.
FF13 Ultimate Hits International Edition? Japan only.
BbS Final Mix? Japan only.

The numbers don't look good.

Compared to the number of games that SE has released overall? That seems rather few and far in between.

And to add to that, FFXIII Ultimate Hits International Edition didn't really have any significant additions to the game and that was the most recent one.

johnboy3434

Awards
Compared to the number of games that SE has released overall? That seems rather few and far in between.

And to add to that, FFXIII Ultimate Hits International Edition didn't really have any significant additions to the game and that was the most recent one.

I was specifically listing Square games whose Japanese revamps were released worldwide, since that's the category Final Mix falls under. I'd rather compare this pack as a whole to other previous-generation re-releases, but Square hasn't ever released one of those before. Final Fantasy X HD was the first they ever announced, and that's still in development.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
True enough, but they still don't this stuff very often. An HD collection differs from those versions and I don't think you can really compare this situation to those.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd also like to add that a lot of those international version of games were released not long after the initial release of the original version, and would people REALLY have bought the game again for a few extra things after only a few months had passed on the same system? Not really.

This is a remaster on the PS3. This is being done to catch fans up on the story before KH3. One of the games was released TEN years ago. PS3 Remaster Collections sell more in NA and EU. The odds are already in favor of there being a chance for a localization.

Here is a list of remasters/remakes that have been released from SE (YEAH I CAN MAKE LISTS TOO):

Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls - GBA - Worldwide
Final Fantasy - PSP - Worldwide
Final Fantasy II - PSP - Worldwide
Final Fantasy III - DS, PSP - Worldwide
Final Fantasy IV - DS - Worldwide
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - PSP - Worldwide
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded - DS - Worldwide
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories - PS2 - Bundled in FM + NA
Dragon Quest V - DS - Worldwide
Dragon Quest VI - DS - Worldwide
Chrono Trigger - DS - Worldwide
The World Ends With You -Solo Remix- - iOS - Worldwide
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - PSP, iOS - Worldwide

And I can continue but I'm not because I am tired and have homework to do.

The fact is remakes have the highest chance of being localized and it is stupid to use special version games released not long after the original version for this kind of comparison.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
You're obviously paranoid that we won't get this, and trying to rationalize that fear by spouting off "evidence" to support your fears. There's no need to psyche yourself out, nor anyone else reading this thread. As was mentioned before, this very thing happened with past KH games too, even KH3D. It's best to be patient for the time being.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Also something to add. If i remember right when they announced BBS they said the exact same thing and then they announced a West release.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Disney NA said expect a Big game announcement for 2013. HD collection is coming

While there is a chance they're referring to 1.5, it's more likely that this game in question has nothing to do with KH.

Decrith

Seriously guys? Of course its INITIALLY for Japan only, it is A JAPANESE Event, thats why its called TOKYO Game Show, not THE WHOLE WORLD game show. Besides, marketwise, they need to draw in fans who haven't played the game or the portable ones, would you really believe that they're not gonna do localize it?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Disney NA said expect a Big game announcement for 2013. HD collection is coming
We don't know what the big game announcement is yet. It might be KH, but it also has a chance to be something different.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Also something to add. If i remember right when they announced BBS they said the exact same thing and then they announced a West release.

iirc BBS wasn't officially announced for localization until after BBS released in Japan. 3D was officially announced for NA only a month or two before it released in Japan.
That's just sort of how KH has been.
There's no reason to doubt that this collection will be localized. It will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back