• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

0.2 60fps on ps4 pro

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
If I had to guess I feel like the likely situation is that they didn't want to advertise it as 60 fps in case the unlocked frame rate was too inconsistent, it obviously does reach 60 but I've heard conflicting reports about whether it stays that way

dbG33K

In it's current state (version 1.01), 0.2 can hit 60fps, but it rarely does.

I'd love to have a group like DigitalFoundry on YouTube run this game through their suite of graphics/fps tools to give an exact readout of 0.2's performance. But from what I can tell, the game's graphics are less than 4K, but higher than 1080p (while the menus and text appear to be full, native 4K) and the fps averages in the 40's, but is very inconsistent, depending on what all is going on and what level of effects are taking up screen real estate.

Personally, I'd prefer a locked 30fps over un-locked and inconsistent 40-50fps. Here's hoping they update and further optimize performance, or at least give us the option of a locked 30fps, a la Infamous: Second Son.

Vasquez

Awards
A 1080p image at a locked 30fps with no frame pacing issues (I'm looking at you FFXV) would be the hope for 0.2 on all versions of the ps4 and for KH3 too. I would hope that pro owners have the option for that with supersampling and are not forced to play with an unlocked framerate.

dbG33K

A 1080p image at a locked 30fps with no frame pacing issues (I'm looking at you FFXV) would be the hope for 0.2 on all versions of the ps4 and for KH3 too. I would hope that pro owners have the option for that with supersampling and are not forced to play with an unlocked framerate.

Absolutely this. It kinda worries me that they still haven't fixed that for FFXV :/

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Basically, the Kingdom Hearts themed PS4 is Slim only. Telling consumers that the Pro version has a consistent framerate defeats the point of buying a Kingdom Hearts themed PS4 Slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back